Unconventional

August 18, 2016

light-10 light-5

I've always loved the outdoors. It's been ingrained in me since childhood - the smell of sage, the brush of the wild grasses - the smell of dirt. Yeah, I get made fun of for that one. But anyone who was raised in a rural area understands what I mean.

Nature is my happy place.

It always has been. Being outside, moving and breathing in the air allows me to think. No matter how many stresses life brings, taking time in a quiet place outside always brings me peace. Maybe it's because nature is untouched - just as it was when it was created by God. There's no distraction. It's just me and Him - enjoying each other's company.

light-7
My mom made a joke today as she was photographing these images. She remarked that I always take my pictures in the dirt. Granted, that may be partially true.

I'm the girl that goes exploring, whether I'm in hiking gear, or a dress and a pair of heels. Unconventional? Maybe. But that's how I roll. I have yet to break and ankle, and I'm not about to let a pair of shoes get in the way of memory making.
I have been working on a minimalist wardrobe. Being away at school has taught me the value of styling a few basic pieces many ways. I picked up this top from Target during a $5 t-shirt sale.

This skirt from Romwe is another piece I've been loving for mixing and matching. The dark charcoal color serves as the perfect neutral to pair with my autumn toned wardrobe.

Collage2 light-8 light-12
Top: Target
Skirt: c/o Romwe
Shoes: gift
Necklace: Onecklace
Ashley Faith said...

This is one of my favorite outfits from you ever! It's so chic and I love that skirt!

Lauren | Musings of a Flower Child said...

Love this look Alex! So lovely!
-Lauren
http://www.chic-ethique.com/

rufflesandgrace said...

I totally understand what you mean about nature and creation. I feel the same way about the smell of dirt! We live in the country and I can't ever see myself living in the city. I need the wide open spaces, fresh air, quiet and peace. It is just so special. Thank you for sharing!
Your outfit is lovely! i love your booties!
Blessings,
Victoria
https://rufflesandgrace.wordpress.com/

Becca Meyer said...

Love this, Alex! How funny that I was just outside watching the sunset while sitting on the dirty ground, thinking about how nature just allows me to think clearly:) love it!

Chelsea Davies said...

I love this outfit! I know how you feel about the outdoors. Nothing brings me more happiness than the smell of pine and rain-soaked leaves.

Chelsea xo
www.faraway-skies.blogspot.com

>>Hannah<< said...

LOVED THIS POST!!! <3

https://everythingisbetterwithpolkadots.blogspot.com/

Latest Instagrams

© Into the Woods. Design by Fearne.