Honey

August 23, 2016

light light-2
LENUS Handcrafted No 73
Lately I've been wanting to use natural skin care and beauty products. The cosmetics and skin care industry is teeming with chemicals and artificialities. After experimenting this Summer with acne treatments, the number one thing causing my breakouts was sugar. After detoxing for a few months, I now notice a difference in my skin even after eating the smallest bit of anything sweet. If the sugar is affecting my body so drastically on the outside, imagine how much damage it's causing within. I was wanting to make more health conscience choices when it came to what I was putting on my skin. Thus began the hunt.

Typically when I want to find a product that is organic and all-natural, I do some internet research and opt for small businesses. I like being able to build relationships with the person I am trusting with my skin health, rather than some fat cat run company who doesn't  know you from a monkey's uncle. After researching for a bit, I came across LENUS Handcrafted. The company is based in San Diego, so I feel even better supporting a local business. What I love about these products is that they contain no artificial ingredients or colors, so I can feel good about what I am putting on my skin.
light-6
light-11
One of my favorite products from the LENUS line is the face mist toner. I'm typically not one to purchase face mists. I never understood the difference they made until now. This product works wonders for hydrating the skin. I sprayed it on over top of my makeup, but you could definitely just do a few spritzes of this, rather than foundation for a dewy finish. It smells like lavender, so it feels like you just walked outside for a California hike.
light-12 light-10
Top: c/o Romwe
Pants: Burlington

Latest Instagrams

© Into the Woods. Design by Fearne.