Let There Be Light

June 10, 2015


IMG_8869

Today I am super excited to review my new lighting kit from My Backdrop Shop on Etsy! Some of you have probably heard me complain about the poor lighting conditions in my videos. Well today that finally changes! This lighting kit included three soft boxes. Set up was generally easy, the first soft box was a bit tricky but I got the hang of it, and the last two were a breeze. Overall I really like the kit- it helps tremendously in maintaining an even light in my videos (especially helpful for makeup tutorials). One thing I didn't care for was that one of the rods I used for set up didn't fit into the light head properly, the metal portion was too large. I'm not sure if this could be fixed by sanding it down, but nonetheless, it is a bit of a drag. I went ahead and filmed a makeup tutorial, which will be at the end of this post. You can see the soft boxes in action! If you are interested in picking up a lighting kit yourself, you can get 20% off with the code, "GRAND20"

 IMG_9030 Collage IMG_8923 IMG_8880 Collage3 IMG_9141b IMG_9150
Skirt: thrifted
Top: Papaya
Shoes: Just Fab
Bracelet: Scrap Cati
Necklace: Meadow & Fawn
Esther Olson said...

I love your skirt. Polka dots are the best. :) Beautiful outfit!

~Esther (a frequent reader but infrequent [read: never] commenter, who is working to change that last part)

Kailey said...

Oh man, the end result looks gorgeous! Now I need some soft box lights...

Taylor Hart said...

Ooooooo! I bet those light boxes costed a small fortune but hey, it's all worth it right? Your lighting will be amazing (which it is) and you'll never have to really fuss with adjusting or balancing your images in photoshop anymore.
xoxo
Taylor
http://www.nothingbutapigeon.com/

Taylor Hart said...

Ooooooo! I bet those light boxes costed a small fortune but hey, it's all worth it right? Your lighting will be amazing (which it is) and you'll never have to really fuss with adjusting or balancing your images in photoshop anymore.
xoxo
Taylor
http://www.nothingbutapigeon.com/

Kristian said...

What fun tools/toys (they can be both, right?)!

Www.etsy.com/shop/sydneyvintage said...

Great Video! Looks like the lights are working!
Are they for photographs as well?

Alexandra Marie said...

@www.etsy.com/shop/sydneyvintage Yes! Photographs and videos!

Hannah said...

Your photography is just perfect! :)
Hannah
Www.rtsmile.blogspot.com

Карина said...

Pretty photos!))
Добро пожаловать>Baby’s On Fire Blog

Latest Instagrams

© Into the Woods. Design by Fearne.