She's Unconventional

April 8, 2015


IMG_0060

Good news! Franklin is back home, safe and sound! It's amazing to realize just how much I use my camera. I'm just so glad it didn't happen at a time when I had a photo shoot booked! In my camera's absence, my dear friend Jenna was amazing enough to snap these pictures for me.

I am excited to be reviewing a new company today. CNDirect was kind enough to send me this adorable pink purse. I am in love with it! Purses are one of those pieces I always put off buying, but am so happy when I do. It can be scary picking up a colored purse sometimes because you don't know what it will go with. But I think it's safe to say I wear pink often enough to make this baby a staple in my Spring wardrobe. I think the bow detail on the front adds such an adorable, girly touch, and the gold chain strap compliments the color perfectly.

IMG_0024 IMG_0027

Romwe is quickly becoming one of my favorite affordable, online clothing websites. I've had a great experience with the fit and style of their pieces, and the prices are great! Today I'm wearing this floral, collared dress styled as a top. Sometimes it's fun to mix things up and give dresses more than one function!

IMG_0118 IMG_5659b

I am so excited to say that I will be attending ModCloth's IRL Fit Shop in LA this Friday! It's going to be a super fun time browsing the new line, trying on pieces and meeting a bunch of the "behind the screen" ladies ;) If any of you Cali girls are planning on attending Friday, let me know! I would love to meet you! And if this is your first time hearing about it, I do believe there are still tickets available (they are free :)

IMG_0079
Top: c/o Romwe
Skirt: thrifted
Purse: c/o CNDirect
Sunglasses: H&M
Shoes: Kmart
Samantha Smith said...

I adore that dress (or shall I say top ;) ) on you! It's so classic and simple, but incredibly elegant.

I so wish I could attend, but sadly, I'm in Florida. I would be a bit of a drive for me!

Samantha, thesnowwhiteblog.blogspot.com

Minau said...

You look amazing! Lovely top

Kalin said...

Love this! I wouldn't never thought to put those two prints together, but it's so adorable!

Madison McQuary said...

Oh, that purse is lovely!! So feminine and ladylike, quite nice for a girly tea party:)
-Madison
www.1minniemuse.blogspot.com

Turbo said...

I love the website you recommended! Do you know anything about their manufacturing practices? I couldn't find anything, and I want to be sweatshop-free. Your style is always so inspiring!

Hannah Barta said...

You. Look. Amazing. Your beauty astounds me, as does your layering ability :) Seriously, I never ever would have guessed that top was a dress!

Dance A Real: Fashion & Lifestyle
walking in the air.: Literary Musings

Jenna Leigh said...

Loved taking pics for you!!!

Klara said...

Oh dear, this outfit is so pretty and stylish! Very much in tune with gorgeous 1950s in my eyes. Love how you styled a dress as a top! Smart move, it looks great together with that houndstooth skirt :).

Kristian said...

Such delicious print mixing from you here. Classy and yet very spring-like and lady-like.

Maria Tseytlin said...

The top is so lovely, I love floral collared blouses! Also the purse is so cute and is perfect for spring. Glad your Franklin is all right, I too am very sentimental about my cameras :)

~Maria­čî×
(From www.agoldenpicnic.blogspot.com)

Mod Circus said...

Just found your blog through Pinterest! I love the pattern mixing and retro feel of this look you've put together.

I've never heard of Romwe before, and fear I may be spending a lot of money with them in the near future, after perusing their site just now. :)

-Molly
http://www.modcircus.com/

Laura Whitman said...

Your pattern mixing is on point! Oh you always look so classy and wonderful! Glad you got your camera back! :)

Have a wonderful weekend!

xoxo,
Laura
http://lauraisthriftingthroughlife.blogspot.com/

Polly Bland said...

I looooooove that purse and you look so so beautiful!!!

love, polly :)
pollybland.com

Latest Instagrams

© Into the Woods. Design by Fearne.