Paper Airplanes

January 14, 2015

IMG_0175 Jan IMG_0202

I am SO excited for this morning's post because today I am featuring a collaboration I did with Ruth Allynn Customs! Now if this isn't the coolest thing ever, call me crazy- Ruth works with her clients to create their own, custom one of a kind fabric! This means color, pattern- everything! I thought, what would be cuter than paper airplanes? Ruth worked with me to make my vision come to life. For color I decided on a burnt orange- I love unusual yet trendy colors.

Collage IMG_0285 IMG_0304 IMG_0309 IMG_0301 IMG_0346 IMG_0379
Belt: Wet Seal
Shoes: ebay
Headband: etsy
Earrings & necklace: Forever 21 {similar}
Laura Mitbrodt said...

This look is amazing! You look so retro
xo
www.laurajaneatelier.com

Elise said...

Awesome design! I love that colour :)

Alecia said...

That is the most beautiful fabric! :)

Bethany Carson said...

Lovely dress! I like the shoes as well!

Samantha Collard said...

Really cute outfit!! I love the bicycle necklace!

The Boyer Family Singers said...

Oh!! Those paper airplanes are spectacular! That dress is oh so pretty! I do have to say though, that I am shivering over here in 16˚ Ohio as I see you basking bare-armed in the So Cal sunshine ;)

xo,
-Charlotte
boyerfamilysingersblog.com

daria said...

The dress is amazing, Alexandra! And what a great concept, being able to design your own fabric.

Kalin said...

The dress is beautiful! What a cute fabric! And I'm so jealous of the nice, warm looking weather. :)

www.magicallyordinary.wordpress.com

Sammi said...

Oh wow, this print is wonderful, and I love that you got to create your own fabric! Such a pretty look.

xox Sammi

The Boyer Family Singers said...

How fun! I like that you chose Paper airplanes as your novelty print. So cute!

Madison McQuary said...

Oh my, how lovely!!! This is the most amazing thing I have seen, creating your own fabric. I absolutely love your vision of paper airplains, so unique but perfectly classic. Great choice with color and design, I am in love:) As always your picture are fabulous and capture the essence of this post to perfection!!

Another Teen said...

I love that dress so much, you are incredibly stylish!
I am a new reader:
Another Teen On The Web

Jenna Condon said...

BeAutiful

Rebekah Bradford said...

That is such a cool collaboration! The fabric is just beautiful :)

Emily said...

I love the paper airplane print! And the whole outfit - I wish it was warm enough here to wear something like that.

Sophia M. said...

Too gorgeous. Too clever. Too pretty. Too A-M-A-Z-I-N-G! How do you always amaze me? Love your posts! I'm going to change my phone password to Into the Woods I love this so much! Thanks for posting, and keep up this fabulous work! :) Love!

Sophia.xo
thatssomebysophia.blogspot.com

Hannah Batchelder said...

Whoa! That is so cool! About how much is her price range for that? Does she design the dress individually like the fabric, or do you pick out one dress out of a couple of patterns? This is the coolest thing ever!

Sara, Swing The Day Away said...

So cute! I'm jealous that you're coatless...lol

Kristian said...

I didn't even know there were brands that did that. Cool!

Alexandra Marie said...

@hannah batchelder I am not sure if you can do other dress patterns- you could definitely message her and ask her! As for the print- you can think up anything at all and any color and she will design it and make it come to life. She also sends you previews so that you can make adjustments and visualize before the fabric is printed :) This particular dress can be purchased for $100

Paige said...

Simply darling! You and Ruth did a superb job on the fabric design; she seems to be one talented lady!

Vicki said...

That fabric design is perfection! And your dress is so cute!

-Vicki
Vicki Grace

Katie Aman said...

I love this! Working with kiddos I am a pro at making paper airplanes (well, one kind of paper airplane specifically). I loved everything about this post!

Alice said...

My goodness! This is beautiful. I love the fabric and the dress. Lovely photos, too! Everything is perfect.

justicepirate.com said...

What a great color on you!!! Your photos are always so fun!

Susannah said...

love your dress!

Jeans and a Teacup said...

How fun! What a cool dress!
~Jessica
Jeans and a Teacup

Latest Instagrams

© Into the Woods. Design by Fearne.