Winter Layers

December 17, 2014

IMG_7721 IMG_7769

There's nothing more fun than layering in the colder months! I love being able to pair several different accessories together to create a cute, cozy outfit. I have a lot of freedom in what I can wear around here as well because it never gets all too cold in So Cal... I can sport a dress pretty much anytime of the year.

This adorable silk/cotton blend dress from Bastet Noir was the perfect match for a chilly, Winter day. There is something about 3/4 sleeve dresses that get me so excited- you don't need to wear a sweater, and they have such an elegant look to them. I love the muted colors in this frock as well- it's perfect to pair with bold, dark lips and a pop of color, like this royal blue scarf.

IMG_7851 IMG_7845 IMG_7812 IMG_7853 IMG_7866 IMG_7865 Collage IMG_7903
Dress: c/o Bastet Noir
Jacket: Forever 21
Scarf: gift
Tights:old
Shoes: ModCloth
Necklace: A Pocket of Whimsy
Sian Thomas said...

Gorgeous dress! I love the shape and the plaid print of it, plus the sleeves, lovely! Your lipstick is a beautiful colour too, so perfect for this time of year.
Sian xx Rebel Angel

Rachel said...

I love your jacket! And your makeup is simply flawless!

Bethany Carson said...

Wow! It's so nice to see green trees and grass! (Ah...yes...I live in Iowa).
The colors are pretty; I really like the blue in your scarf, and I love leather jackets. Yours looks great!

Kristian said...

Also loving the muted colors. Plus, your hair bun looks elegant.

Caitlin M. Peterson of the (ef)Face said...

You look so beautiful! I LOVE that lip color on you--too perfect!

Beverly Houpt said...

I never get tired of looking at your photos!

Liza said...

This look is absolutely stunning. You winter make-up look is also gorgeous. I'm in love with everything about this shoot from your shoes to your hair!

XO Liza
http://cakeandcocktails.com

P.S. This was not meant to sound creepy.

Rory said...

The dress is beautiful :)

SW said...

That outfit is gorgeous on you. <3

xx

Hannah Barta said...

The dress is SO gorgeous on you! I always want to swoon when I see your pictures ... you do such a great job with them and are such an inspiration to me with my camera endeavors!

dance a real

Ashley Faith said...

You are so beautiful! That dress is gorgeous.
-Ashley
thriftytoppings.blogspot.com

The Boyer Family Singers said...

Oh so pretty! You styled that bomber jacket & dress perfectly!

-Charlotte
boyerfamilysingers.blogspot.com

The Boyer Family Singers said...

Oh so pretty! You styled that bomber jacket & dress perfectly!

-Charlotte
boyerfamilysingers.blogspot.com

The Boyer Family Singers said...

Oh so pretty! You styled that bomber jacket & dress perfectly!

-Charlotte
boyerfamilysingers.blogspot.com

Sara Strauss {Sincerely, Sara} said...

Adore these pictures and your lovely lipstick!
~Sara
Sincerely, Sara

Hannah Batchelder said...

You really remind me of the evil queen in Once Upon a Time with your dark hair and makeup here, and that's a compliment because Lana Parilla is absolutely gorgeous. And I love this plaid!

Jeans and a Teacup said...

Such a cute dress and I love your makeup!
~Jessica
Jeans and a Teacup

Monique Reinds said...

Gorgeous dress and the color combination~!
These shots are truly gorgeous :)

Vintagemoniquereinds.blogspot.com

Syd said...

You are brave and bold, mixing colors and prints! You put your own stamp on everything! You need to have your own clothing line Alexandra! Happy Christmas to you! Thank you for inspiring us this year!
Syd xxx

Latest Instagrams

© Into the Woods. Design by Fearne.