Winter Celebrations

December 10, 2014

IMG_7999
IMG_7995

This week my very special friend, Kirsten and I had a joint birthday party to celebrate our 18th. We are only days apart and thought it would be fun to mix things up, and throw a party together! We decided to hold a barn dance complete with contra, swing and line dancing with all of our dearest friends. I thought I would share a few photos from the evening- I managed to snap some quick detail shots of the decor before the party started. Must say- giving up my camera after that to my sister and mother was hard- I get so used to always being the one behind the lens!

IMG_7980 IMG_8000 IMG_7934 IMG_7959 Collage

In my opinion, no party is complete without a candy bar! Kirsten made bunches of delicious pink cupcakes and we filled some vintage apothecary jars with other sweet goodies. I knew I wanted to have some cute treat bags- I found these mint striped beauties from Kik Chic, as well as an abundance of matching paper straws for the apple cider :) Kik Chic is offering Into the Woods readers free shipping on all orders until December 31st using the code, "Welcome" 

IMG_7968 IMG_8534 Collageb
Overall, it was an amazing night! I feel so blessed to have so many incredible friends, and could not imagine a better way to celebrate this time of life <3
Eve said...

Happy birthday, Alex! It looks like you had such a lovely time! Love the pictures. <3

Carley Lee said...

What a wonderful party idea! Happiest of Birthdays to you, Alex - may this year be full of all the best things!
-Carley
xx

Chloe Salts said...

Big happy birthday wishes Alex!!!! Hope your year is a blessed one! :) :) As a very wise person once said, 'you're gonna rattle the stars, you are'.

diane said...

Looks like you really know how to throw a party! Happy 18th pretty girl!

Bethany Carson said...

The decorations are lovely! Looks like a fun party. Happy birthday!

Elizabeth Rose Hisle said...

Happy birthday! I am glad you had a good time. That candy bar is a dream come true. :)

http://aroseisinbloom.blogspot.com/

Syd said...

Happy Birthday Alexandra! You brighten up our lives with your wonderful blog! And you are a fashion Queen!

Jeans and a Teacup said...

This is the cutest party ever! Happy Birthday!
~Jessica
Jeans and a Teacup

Kristian said...

Quite the birthday bask! Happy Birthday (also, your photos are so amazing. I seriously hope you are considering becoming a professional photographer).

Alexandra Marie said...

@kristian Thank you! I actually have a photography business I've been running for a few years now! You can see my website here simplicityportrait.weebly.com

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY BEAUTIFUL GIRL!! I am SOOOO proud of you and I love you to the moon and back!! You are my sunshine and I am so glad that you had such a wonderful time at your party and I am so glad that we could celebrate it with Kirsten!! Two VERY special young women after God's own heart!! Oh, and did I tell you that I LOVE YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Oh, yes, I see I did - but I tell you again and again! Thank you for the best 18 years of my life!! I look forward to seeing the blessings that the Lord has ahead for you!! <3 <3
Love, Mom :-) <3

RaeAbigael said...

beautiful photos! happy birthday :)

xoxo, rae
http://www.raellarina.net/

Becca Meyer said...

Hey Alex, love this everything looks adorable! I went to a wedding at this place and it was gorgeous:)
So I have been trying to come up with a photography name to launch my "business" and have been praying about it for a long time.. I can't come up with anything! I actually did and I loved it, but was sad when I found out that it was yours;) haha (Simplicity Photography)
thats alright:p
I was wondering though if you had any suggestions for me? I want something, like yours, that it unique, creative, has meaning behind that relates to my faith, and that is just super neat!
Thanks:)
Becca

Alexandra Marie said...

@Becca, aww, thank you so much!! You know, to be honest I am TERRIBLE at coming up with names! A good person to ask would be Mrs. Condon- she came up with Jenna's blog name!

Latest Instagrams

© Into the Woods. Design by Fearne.