Touch of Tweed

October 1, 2014

IMG_7346 IMG_7466

We've had out first few days of glorious Autumn weather, and I couldn't be happier! That is, until I'm finding out that next weekend shall be in the 100's again. Why!? 

Well at any rate, I wanted to take advantage of it while I can- starting by styling a Fall ensemble, complete of course with a beloved pair of tights, and my floppy hat for a second week in a row (no judging!)

IMG_7476
IMG_7246b IMG_7134 IMG_7151 IMG_7287

In late August I was very excited to find out that I had won grand prize for ModCloth's Summer Memories contest... ModCloth is one of those amazing clothing companies that you just sort of scroll through the merchandise and hopelessly drool over. Because however amazing the clothing may be, the prices just aren't in my budget these days. So, you can imagine my excitement when I won a giftcard! These boots were my first purchase with my winnings- and I will say, yes, they make me enormously tall (ehem, try 6'3").

IMG_7280 IMG_7260 IMG_7223 IMG_7234
Coat: {vintage} Myth & Memory
Dress: Forever 21
Necklace: gift
Belt: old
Hat: Wet Seal
Boots: ModCloth simular
Bethany Carson said...

Love the vintage coat! Such nice fall colors!

Karen Ward said...

Gorgeous! You make me almost believe it IS Fall here...love the colors and the boots (drool indeed!)

Jamie Rose D. said...

Holy crap! 6'3"? That's majestic! I'm lucky if I'm 5'4" in heels. Sad times. These boots are awesome though and I'm loving your tweed jacket and floppy hat. This is a wonderful fall outfit! I feel you with the disappointment of the heat constantly returning though.

Jamie | PetitePanoply.com

Savvy Spinster Vintage said...

I feel your pain! The heat will not go away! Unfortunately, I don't think it'll get cold around here until January. :-/ But on a much happier note- I love those shoes! I've been trying to hunt down boots like that for awhile! They just scream Autumn!
-Melissa

Reut Metallisydän said...

Autumn colors!!! I freakin' love it ^^
damn, I wish I could dress in style like you :(

The Shashaguay Sisters said...

This is such a warm and cozy assemble Alex! Perfect for the summer/fall switch! I adore the little dragon fly necklace...

love,
Cassie

Eleanor Rose said...

Gorgeous Autumn outfit with the perfect mix of elegance and casual! Adore the hat on you and the photography is beautiful (as always)

Elesaurus | elesaurusrawr.blogspot.com
YouTube - Eleanor Rose

Kristian said...

Oh, this outfit is just too perfect (I feel this way about all your outfits but man, I want to steal this outfit especially. You look amazing!)

Syd said...

Alexandra congratulations on the ModCloth win! The boots are beautiful! Amazing coat! I am almost looking forward to the colder weather thanks to your outfit! Almost!

Rose Grey said...

You seem to become prettier every month! :) Love this outfit!

Daria@Kittenhood said...

that coat is just screaming "fall"! lovely pairing.

Stephanie said...

The jacket is fabulous and so perfect for Autumn. Beautiful pictures :)

And Happy October to you. Hugs!

Sara, Swing The Day Away said...

I LOVE THAT COAT. I love plaid/flannel in the fall. I also love the neutral tones of this outfit. I love mixing brown and black. Those boots are amazing, and I can't believe how tall they make you...lol.

Samantha said...

This is such a beautiful fall outfit! I love the combination of black and brown, very warm and cozy!

Rachel Sullivan said...

Wow this is a seriously great outfit, Alex! Love the colors, you're such a beauty <3

Rachel

Georgiana said...

This photoshoot is a perfection! The colours go very well together and even the setting is well chosen, great job on this!

Nicole Rose said...

Beautiful. <3

xx Nicole Rose

Midwest Muse said...

You are stunning and this outfit is beautiful and I love the colors and your photography and you might be my new favorite blogger. Sorry to be creepy, but it's not often that bloggers excite me any more!

The Braided Bandit said...

OMG this outfit is SO cute! I love love the coat and I love the trim on your boots :)
xo Hannah

http://thebraidedbandit.blogspot.com
http://thebraidedbandit.etsy.com

Crissy (Dainty Fawn) said...

Okay I am in love with these photos and this whole outfit.. it is the perfect Autumn.

Also.. 6'3"?! thousand times woahhh I can't even imagine being 5'4" lol

Kayleigh Burge said...

I really love that you are going for a more modern style lately, but still staying true to vintage style as well.
The dress is modern, while the coat is a vintage treasure that pulls the entire ensemble together.

Taylor Hart said...

I'm swooning over this jacket little darling! I'm also playing "catch up" on your bloggy. I haven't been online in awhile. I love all your new posts!
xoxo
Taylor

Latest Instagrams

© Into the Woods. Design by Fearne.