Racing Time

October 22, 2014

IMG_9942 IMG_9943

Yup, no lies- we shot these pictures less than eight hours ago! It was one of those shoots were you cross your fingers and say your prayers that the light won't slip away before you get those shots in! And thankfully, the light was just glorious. This time of year is always tricky for pictures, because the times we have available for shooting always seem to be moments before the sun goes down.

Today I am styling this lovely, elegant take on a classic skater dress from Mimy & T Designs. What I adore about this dress are the sweet details- the lady-like length, the soft gathers of chiffon- wearing it feels like being Ginger Rogers for a day ;)

IMG_9962 IMG_9968 IMG_0007

Asian iCandy sent me this adorable bag from their new Amazon store. I am in love with the design- it reminds me of something I would pin on Pinterest! The colors are on point for fall, and I am in love with all of the different little details.

Collage IMG_9976 IMG_9978 IMG_9983 IMG_0130 IMG_0102 IMG_0059 IMG_0051 IMG_0135
Dress: c/o Mimy & T Designs
Cardigan: Papaya
Shoes: Frenchie York
Shoe Clips: c/o Michy Lou
Bobby Pins: c/o Lila Rose
Bag: c/o Asian iCandy
Карина said...

Very beautiful, dear!)))
Добро пожаловать>Baby’s On Fire Blog

Ma Cherie D said...

Wow love this look, really nice!

Carley Lee said...

Your hair is ultra fabulous at this length, Alex! And the colours in this outfit are brilliant - I'm feeling the fall vibes for sure!
-Carley
xx

Bethany Carson said...

Very classy outfit! The colors are superb on you!

CiCi said...

I recently had a nightmare with trying to shoot as the sun was setting - my pictures didn't come out anywhere near as good as yours!! I don't know how you do it, but I'm in awe. And so many lovely shots too. A beautiful, classic outfit as ever. CC x

Daria@Kittenhood said...

You found the perfect dress + cardigan combo for the shoes :) love this!

Tamara said...

Oh my gosh, these photos are gorgeous and this outfit is amazing! I just love your style and eye for detail. Those shoes are adorable! :)

Tamara
www.trulytamara.com

Marie said...

seriously, how are you not in a magazine in these? gorgeous. I feel like putting on some fabulous shoes just looking at these images!

Marie @ In Our Happy Place

Lorna Sharp said...

what a lovely setting ! (again :) )

xx
Lorna
http://lornasharp.blogspot.com

Paige said...

Such beautiful colours, the photos are absolutely stunning! Oh love that suitcase too, super cute! x

heldtogetherbypins.blogspot.com

Eccentric Owl said...

Gorgeous! I love how you styled the dress, and those SHOES. They are killing me, they're so cute! Isn't it great when you just catch that perfect end-of-the-day light? My favorite picture is the one of you sitting on the picnic table. I could easily frame it and display it as art!
xo
Kristina
www.eccentricowl.com
Cardigan Giveaway!

Kelsi B said...

Gorgeous outfit as always, simply adorable. Definitely a Ginger Rogers dress, absolutely love her. Great post.
Kelsi
Messy Bits // Bloglovin

Alexis Savopoulos said...

You look absolutely wonderful Alex! All your choices are simply flawless. And I love that bag! Where did you purchase it from?

I'm honored that your wore the hourglass necklace with this outfit - thank you! Perfectly suiting.

-Alexis (A Pocket of Whimsy)

Alexis Savopoulos said...

Oh, whoops! Just saw the attached link for the bag at the bottom of post. ;)

Kristian said...

The light definitely worked for you in these photos! I love the dark colors together and the purse and shoes both work to complete the outfit perfectly.

Eve said...

So beautiful! I love the look!

Chelsea Elizabeth said...

OH MY! You, this dress and these pictures are so stunning. I love your vintage style. I just found your blog and it's safe to say I'll be checking back!

Miranda said...

These colors are beyond gorgeous on you! Love the lipstick. Beautiful pictures!

Miranda
Little Gold Pocket Watch

Sophia M. said...

Love, love, love! I'm a new follower, and I love this beautiful blog. ;) Keep up the exceptional work, m'dear!

Sophia.xo
thatssomebysophia.blogspot.com

Kalin said...

So beautiful! I'm a new follower and absolutely love every part of your blog. I'm actually getting my waist-length hair chopped off next week and I've been taking a lot of hair inspiration from you! :)

wwww.while-she-waits.blogspot.com

Alexandra Marie said...

@kalin Thank you! So exciting- you will love having short hair, it's so easy and fun!

laura redburn said...

the red of that cardigan suits you beautifully! love the necklace too.

Syd said...

I adore this outfit! It is stunning!Thanks for taking us into the fall so inspired!

MizzJ said...

This outfit is so perfectly fall from the colors to the vintage details. You look gorgeous!

Taylor Hart said...

These colors are divine!!! I love Autum and Fall don't you? Again... with the cutest little necklace!
xoxo
Taylor

Latest Instagrams

© Into the Woods. Design by Fearne.