Outside the Box

September 24, 2014

IMG_6958 IMG_6987

Sometimes I get in a little rut of just wearing dresses as they are, and find myself putting aside the idea of thinking outside the box. I think this is due a lot to Summer weather as well, which is one of the reasons I adore Fall/Winter fashion. Layering is so much fun! 

Today I decided to pair a plain, white button down shirt with this lovely, 1950s frock from the uh-mazing Dalena Vintage. You girls know those Etsy shops that literally make your jaw drop? Well this is one of those shops... from the items in stock to the eye catching photography, everything is on point. 

IMG_6865 IMG_6868 IMG_6881

At last, I've gotten my hands on a Limecrime Velvetines lip stain! I've been dying to try this formula for the longest time. I knew I wanted a deep burgundy lip shade for fall, and Limcrime Wicked seemed like the perfect shade. I do love the color, but it takes me three or four coats to reach that perfect opaque look- which leaves more room for error, especially when working with a dark color. 

IMG_6922 IMG_6753 IMG_6699 IMG_6721 IMG_6768 IMG_6830 IMG_6912 IMG_6840 IMG_7059

I have been in love with Ballet Bird designs for ages. Ballet Bird makes the most gorgeous, elegant leather ballet flats in custom sizes. The designs are stellar and one of a kind. I am excited to pair these with bunches of outfits in the upcoming months- they are just one of those pairs of shoes that will always go with pretty close to anything. If you are interested in picking up the design I am wearing, you can find them here.

IMG_7033
Dress: c/o Dalena Vintage
Shoes: c/o Ballet Bird
Shirt & tights: old
Hat: Wet Seal
Necklace: gift

The Hearabouts said...

I agree, fall really makes you think creatively in what outfits are concerned; things are definitely not as easy as during summertime.

I adore this matte lip color on you, it was a great choice! The dress is adorable, too.

Hugs,
S. -
The Hearabouts

Карина said...

Amazing dress!))
Добро пожаловать>Baby’s On Fire Blog
Приглашаю Вас принять участие в розыгрыше)
Конкурс!>Выиграй свитшот от Oasap!> International GIVEAWAY!!!

Bethany Carson said...

Very pretty outfit--love your shots with the bright flowers!

Sammi said...

Oh my goodness, that light yellow dress is absolutely darling on you! And I really LOVE the dark lip! <3

xox Sammi

Samantha said...

Such beautiful photos! The yellow dress looks great on you and I love how you layered it! You look gorgeous :)

Chelsea Davies said...

Love absolutely everything about this outfit. Gorgeous!xo

http://faraway-skies.blogspot.co.uk/2014/09/welcome-back.html?showComment=1411564919356#c5517660226269175623

Paige said...

Ooh, I like the skirt and dress combination! It looks like something that would be equally at home in fall and summer, just with different accessories. :)

countrygirlcityfashion said...

I love the look of dark tights with a light, summer-y dress - it inspires me to find a way to try it with my own wardrobe, though I know I couldn't pull it off as well as you. Love your adorable sandals, too!

Savvy Spinster Vintage said...

Beautiful! I love that burgundy lip paired with the lightness of the pastel yellow dress! Layering blouses under sleeveless dresses is great- it definitely gives the dress a fresh new look!
-Melissa

Maddie Jay said...

That is so gorgeous! I bought red lipstick for the first time last week. Have yet to wear it anywhere yet...

Kristian said...

You know, too often the button-up under a dress look just seems... off to me, but this look here- so perfect. Everything seems meant to be. Also- the make up looks pitch-perfect too. That is a gorgeous dark lip.

Syd said...

Alexandra, the Lip color is amazing! Worth the effort! And your choice of dark and light is very courageous! You remind me of a young Coco Chanel, in that you have no fear in expressing yourself in fashion and style! I always look forward to seeing what you will come up with next!

Jenna Condon said...

love the sun flowers

http://abeautifulheart07.blogspot.com/

Frances said...

Lovely! I adore how you've styled the black tights with the dark lipstick & black hat... I always go to put on black tights in the fall and winter and feel like the end result looks a little unbalanced as it were, but you've got it put together perfectly.

Petra Blackshear said...

Love that dress!!

Lorna Sharp said...

Beautiful !
Ah, Dalena Vintage that explains everything ;)

xxx
Love from Paris

Lorna

http://lornasharp.blogspot.com

Katie Aman said...

This is wonderful. The light, buttery yellow with the cream blouse is so dreamy. I also really adore the darker lip color on you. It suits your coloring so well, and let's face it your makeup is always so spot on and perfect!
Lovely as always my dear!

Amy Liddell said...

Your photos are so beautiful and you look so gorgeous!

Salt and Chic // UK Fashion Blog

justicepirate.com said...

my jaw is dropping every time I look at your photos and outfits!!!
Always so pretty!
+Victoria+

Reut Metallisydän said...

You don't come very often wearing such subtle colors and I must say I really love it. All so toned down; the beautiful pics, locations in them and the atmosphere makes me dreamy... in a good way ^^

Latest Instagrams

© Into the Woods. Design by Fearne.