Come Fly with Me

September 17, 2014

IMG_3364 IMG_3361 IMG_3177

Can I just say, I am tired of being tired? Lately it's been so weird, I think I am sleepwalking half of the time. I can't even carry on a good conversation with people. Ever have those days? I think it must be from being so busy lately- I'm used to a laid back schedule, and the last month has been nothing but craziness. 

Onto a more fashionable note ;) Can you believe this dress is from the 1980s!? I love it when I can find newer vintage that resembles even older pieces. First of all because they are usually a lot more affordable, and secondly- they are often times a bit more durable. This lovely frock is from Vintage Destiny. This is another shop that's great for finding bunches of gorgeous vintage in one place.

IMG_3249 IMG_3254 IMG_3271 IMG_3345

So I discovered a pretty neat little story behind my 1957 LIFE magazine. The cover still has an address label stuck to the front, reading "Dr Earl D Gere." A couple of days ago I decided to do some research. Turns out Gere was a chiropractor in Kinsley Kansas- I even found the home the magazine was originally delivered to on Google Maps- go figure! The doctor was born in 1890 and died in 1970- over 40 years ago. Can't help but find this all super interesting...

IMG_3350 IMG_3314 IMG_3311 IMG_3471 IMG_3439 IMG_3431
Dress: c/o Vintage Destiny
Necklace, belt & hat: Forever 21
Crinoline: Swank Underpinnings

My name is Peggy Sue said...

Lovely dress and amazing potos!!! Kissssssss from Spain!

Damaris // The cat, you and us said...

You look absolutely stunning in this red dress (amazing find) & boater hat. Hope you can slow down things a little bit to feel better!

Damaris | The cat, you and us

Hannah said...

Oh my word! The dress! It's absolutely gorgeous!

Kristian said...

Gorgeous dress and a petticoat and straw hat are perfect compliments to it.

Also, you always find the best places for photos. Love these with the plane.

Bethany Carson said...

Beautiful outfit and great location!

Suzanne Carillo Style Files said...

What a gorgeous photo shoot and dress!

bisous
Suzanne

Stephanie said...

This was a beautiful photo shoot - love the dress and the plane :)

I hope you get rested up soon! Have a wonderful day!

Tamara said...

These photos are absolutely amazing! The location and your whole outfit is perfection! I would have never guessed that dress was from the 80s, what an amazing find :).

Tamara
www.trulytamara.com

Crissy (Dainty Fawn) said...

omg I love that last photo of you!!!

Sammi said...

SO stunning. I never would've guessed that dress was from the '80s, though when you see the stitching up close, it makes sense. It's absolutely gorgeous, and looks amazing on you.

xox Sammi

Hannah Barta said...

Wow, is this gorgeous or what?? I love you in red; also, your hair looks beautiful at that length :) And wow, you found that necklace at Forever 21! I've seen those adorable bicycle necklaces on Pinterest, but thought that they mostly came from Etsy. I might have to browse on Forever 21's website! :)

dance a real

Julie Slack said...

As always wonderful and simply breath-taking !!! Thanks so much .. your BLOG is fun to look forward too ! Keep up the great work !!!

Anonymous said...

Absolutely beautiful as always Buggie!! So beautiful!! And those photos -- who takes your outrageously gorgeous photos?!?!? (hehehe) Love you SOOOOOO much!! <3<3 Love, your adoring Mom!

Bouncing Brunette said...

You look breathtakingly perfect! :)

x Angiejj // bouncingbrunette.blogspot.com

Danny said...

love absolutely everything about this outfit! the dress is perfect, the hat and necklace are adorable and the background is awesome!

Susannah said...

your dress!! sheesh. everything about this is stunning. you're so beautiful!

diane said...

I love this photo shoot but that last shot is unbelievable---truly cover worthy!

Sara, Swing The Day Away said...

Ugh...I hear you about always being tired! I got home from work today and took a nap at like...6:30 in the evening. lol. You look lovely, though, and I love the setting. How did you get so close to a plane?!

Annabelle said...

Gorgeous dress, I can't believe it is from the 1980s. I certainly didn't wear anything that pretty in the 80's, then again I was just a kid :p

Krista said...

Wow, this is truly beautiful. The color of the dress is stunning on you and I absolutely love the necklace. Perfect outfit!

Alexandra Marie said...

@Sara Swing the Day Away It's at our local airport- they have it for display in a little park area- pretty cool right!?

Chelsea Davies said...

Gorgeous outfit and blog!xo

www.faraway-skies.blogspot.com

countrygirlcityfashion said...

That necklace is perfect with the dress! You look stunning, as always. Red really suits you!

Fifties Darling said...

Very clean and pretty <3

Hannah Batchelder said...

You are so lovely in this photo shoot! Well, haha, all photo shoots to be exact but I really love this. Your necklace is so stinkin' adorable. :P

Latest Instagrams

© Into the Woods. Design by Fearne.