To Be a Tall, Tall Building

August 9, 2014

IMG_8555 IMG_8610 IMG_8609

 This is my first outfit post with pictures from my trip- Minnesota is equally as lovely in the countryside, as it is in the city. I was stoked to have the opportunity to snap these in Minneapolis, on a bridge that runs over the Mississippi river. How cool is that!?

This adorable dress from, Flee the Scene, is one of my new faves! My first impression was how cute the print was- pair that with a classic 60's silhouette, and a peter pan collar? Perfection. This dress is currently available for purchase- you can pick up yours here.

IMG_8702 IMG_8052 IMG_8070 Collage

Anytime I see city skyscrapers, it reminds me of a story my uncle used to tell. Once while he was in New York, he overheard a little girl say to her mother, "I'm so tired of being a person. I wish I were a tall, tall building." It still gets me laughing to this day ;)

IMG_8157 IMG_8227 IMG_8264 IMG_8320 IMG_8373 IMG_8355b IMG_8324 IMG_8235 IMG_8416
Dress: c/o Flee the Scene
Cardigan: hand-me-down
Shoes: Shoe Buy
Hat: Target
Necklace & earrings: c/o Rosette Belles
Belt: Forever 21
Helen Mae said...

Lovely snaps! The 'tall tall building' line reminds me of something you'd fine in a children's story as well.

Kristian said...

Gorgeous outfit- I love how the cardigan and hat go together.

Daniella C said...

awesome!
xx
daniella
simplybeautifulelegant.blogspot.com

Linda B said...

Bahaha, oh my word, what an adorable little girl! I wonder how old she was when she said that...
Anyway, love these photos and your adorable outfit. Blue suits you quite nicely!

The Dragonfruit Diaries

CiCi said...

Lovely pics as ever. Love the straw hat - I've been eyeing these up for a while and this has definitely helped convince me to get one. Beautiful!

CC
cici-marie.blogspot.com

Jenna Condon said...

Beautiful photos Alex! Loved the one with you pointing to the buildings :)

http://abeautifulheart07.blogspot.com/

Miranda said...

Beautiful! I love all the shades of blue together. Cute story, too! :)

Miranda
Little Gold Pocket Watch

hilde said...

love this dress! the whole outfit is super cute!

Rachel Phillips said...

I'm loving the little details on your dress :) Looks like so much fun!

Rachel
Daydream Frenzy

Georgiana said...

Very lovely photos and outfit :)

Lauren said...

You seriously have the cutest photos girl! I just love how they all kind of tell a story. It looks like you had such a great time on your trip. I love this look. Such a great and fashionable look to explore in! That dress is too cute.

Lauren xo
Sophisticated In Style

Taylor Hart said...

You are so adorable! I love your dress and the earrings and necklace go prefectly with it all.
xoxo
Taylor
http://www.nothingbutapigeon.com/

Emily said...

You are darling!!!!!!!! Love this little blog. I am new here,and I am already hooked!
~Emily
http://thecountrybluebird.blogspot.com

Angela said...

Love your outfit so much! :) I'm making a trip to MN very soon myself!

Latest Instagrams

© Into the Woods. Design by Fearne.