One of Those Days

August 27, 2014

vintage,retro, 1950s, 1960s, the help, hilly, sunglasses, summer, into the woods, alexandra marie IMG_0261 IMG_0784

I must say, it's been lovely to get back into the swing of things with California photo-shoots! This particular photo set was shot near where I grew up. It's amazing how much nostalgia my old home still holds for me all these years later. 

On a less lovely note, have any of you ever had one of those days where your photo session goes wacky in every way? It has been sunny the entire day, but in this one area where I wanted to shoot pictures it was overcast, and SO ridiculously windy. And to top it off, my brain was all foggy- some days thinking of photo composition and poses can be too much for my pre-occupied little head to handle- haha! 

This is one of my new favorite dresses, I think. I feel like in my every day life I have been wearing casual clothes a lot more than usual due to the Summer heat, so getting back into a girly, vintage dress always helps to re-inspire ;) This lovely piece is from Etsy shop, Little French Dress. This shop has such a pretty aesthetic- as feminine and pretty as the dress itself! I am excited to style this as a fall transitional piece when the weather starts to simmer down a bit :)

IMG_0379 IMG_0395 IMG_0443 Aug IMG_0658 IMG_0522 Collage

Anyone catch the fact that my hair is officially long enough for a little beehive hairdo? I am so happy to have it at a length where I can do things with it again. I don't think I realized how much I missed the versatility of a little length.

IMG_0567 IMG_0706 IMG_0702 IMG_0722 IMG_0761 IMG_0812 IMG_0836n IMG_0838
Shoes: Shoe Buy
Necklace: gift
Sunglasses: Minnesota
Rachel said...

I'm definitely loving the beehive and this pastel dress is perfectly gorgeous on you! Love the stripes!

Rachel said...

I'm definitely loving the beehive and this pastel dress is perfectly gorgeous on you! Love the stripes!

M said...

Love the dress, classy look, and you're gorgeous!

besos,
M
http://theflowerduet.blogspot.com

Demi said...

Pastel colours suit you quite well, I have to say! You're really channeling Audrey Hepburn today :)

Even though you say your session went all wacky, this may be one of my favorite shoots with you in it; everything looks really natural and still quite elegant.

Demi | carbonchic.com.au

The Hearabouts said...

It happens to us all the time.. photo shoots not being as we imagined because of the weather (and not only).

That being said, your pics turned out beautiful and we're in love with the soft colors of your dress.

Hugs,
The Hearabouts

Samantha said...

You dress reminds me of cotton candy, I love it! Beautiful photos, dear :)

CiCi said...

I think in the UK, it's pretty much standard that the weather will try to ruin every single outside shoot you ever do... its current favourite tactic is what I will refer to as the Mini Tornado. Luckily, your pictures still turned out lovely regardless. I love those shoes, they would be so useful to have a similar pair of - they'd match everything!

Bouncing Brunette said...

Such an adorable dress!

Louisa Fiebig said...

Woow what a wonderful outfit! <3
I will reply on your email soon! Thank you for everything :) <3

Miranda said...

That dress is just perfection. So beautiful!

Miranda
Little Gold Pocket Watch

Kristian said...

I can definitely see why this dress is a favorite. It is delectable.

I actually prefer overcast weather for photo shoots, but the mountains make the "golden hour" harder to get anyway, so... I'd have never of known the weather was giving you a hard time here though!

Jenny Lee, The Dictioncanary said...

Such gorgeous colours in this dress, and I love your little beehive! <3

dreamingofavonlea said...

This dress looks so beautiful on you and the photos are amazing - definitely worth the effort!

Boyer Sisters said...

Such a delightful dress! And I love the aesthetic of the photo shoot. So retro!

-Charlotte
boyerfamilysingers.blogspot.com

Boyer Sisters said...

Such a delightful dress! And I love the aesthetic of the photo shoot. So retro!

-Charlotte
boyerfamilysingers.blogspot.com

Tamara said...

I LOVE this dress! It is so my style. Yes, I have those days all the time ;). The pictures turned out lovely though!

Tamara
www.trulytamara.com

The Shashaguay Sisters said...

This is such a cute print Alex!
Yay for your hair growing out! :)

love,
Cassie

Hilda said...

Amazing photos, Alex! :)

Hannah Barta said...

Beautiful photos and dress, Alex. And agh, I totally understand about photoshoots going wrong! Sometimes it seems I can't get one to be focused, or flattering :-P

dance a real

Stephanie said...

As always, you are beautiful and radiant :) Your entire outfit is simply lovely!

Hugs to you!

Taylor Hart said...

You are freaking adorable! This whole outfit is super cute... I just love the pastel frock and your nail polish even matches!!! You are always dressed to perfection!
xoxo
Taylor
http://www.nothingbutapigeon.com/

Taylor Hart said...

You are freaking adorable! This whole outfit is super cute... I just love the pastel frock and your nail polish even matches!!! You are always dressed to perfection!
xoxo
Taylor
http://www.nothingbutapigeon.com/

Anonymous said...

Hi! I am a lover of vintage and I enjoy all of your blog posts. You're outfits are so pretty. Very inspiring! I think that in the second black and white shot, you look just like Audrey Hepburn! I love the dress and the colours. Visit my photography blog at http://fullbloomphotos.wordpress.com/

Elana said...

Ooh, this dress! It's so dreamy, especially those colors! And I totally know what you mean about having off photo shoots. This one turned out great though! (Although I think every single one of your photo shoots is fantastic.)

www.room-334.blogspot.com

alexis said...

omg I want that dress. So bummed that it's vintage/one of a kind. These photos are beautiful

nevernewd.blogspot.com

Marie said...

I love seeing your posts and everything you pick out is so unique and full of style. How long does it take for you to assemble your outfits?

MizzJ said...

This dress and your overall look here totally looks like something from the 60s!

Isabel said...

In love with your dress. These pics are so so beautiful!

Isabel
xoxo

Latest Instagrams

© Into the Woods. Design by Fearne.