Stars & Stripes

July 2, 2014

IMG_9457 IMG_9587 IMG_9610

Happy Fourth of July, early! I wanted to get this out to you girls in time for you to get inspired for the upcoming holiday- I'm sorry it didn't go out sooner! I really wanted to do something special for you all this 4th, so I spent this entire week creating this post. At the end, you'll find a video full of fun DIY treats, makeup ideas, a hair tutorial and more! I literally filmed nearly half of this yesterday afternoon, and as I write this it is 3:30 AM- haha! So I'm off to get some shut eye- I hope this finds you all well in the morning... excited to hear what  you girls think! <3
xoxoxo
Alex

IMG_9517 IMG_9527 IMG_9488 Collage IMG_9654 IMG_9663 IMG_9677 IMG_9751 IMG_9726

Shoes: Payless
Earrings: similar Forever 21
Rachel said...

You are too cute!! I love the headband especially!

Kristian said...

This is so delightfully All- American!

Demi said...

Such a beautiful outfit! I love the headband--makes the look adorably vintage :D

I'm surprised you didn't rock the dress with a pair of killer red heels, but then again, that grass looks so dangerously deep and lush..

Demi | carbonchic.com.au

Katie said...

This is so cute! Love the drinks. I wish we were this patriotic in the UK!!

Katie <3

Catarina Martins said...

You're awesome girl!!
Thank you so much for this fantastic post :) Love your video <3
xx
Cati

diane said...

Well look at you, you cute! cute! patriotic, brown eyed girl you! Thanks for all the work you go to each week for us. Wednesday is always a highlight! You are adorable.
Have a fabulously fun Fourth!

Taylor Hart said...

Um... can you say beautiful and ever so sweet? You really know how to apply the makeup girlie! I love this fun post!
xoxo
Taylor

Haley Phillips said...

Um, this post is spectacular girl. Love it! These pictures are incredible!

http://haleybrianna.blogspot.com

Sammi said...

You look gorgeous & this is so utterly-Patriotic! And that drink looks scrumptious!

xox Sammi

Anonymous said...

So lovely Alex!

Miranda said...

This post is wonderful. Your blue gingham dress is just perfect, especially with the little headband! The video is great, I think I'll be trying the blue cherry soda! You are absolutely beautiful and talented (hello, perfect makeup)!

Miranda
Little Gold Pocket Watch

Alexandra Marie said...

@Demi Aww, gosh I know! I wanted to, but my one pair of red shoes decided to pull a disappearing act :(

Jamie S said...

Oh man your hair looks cute in pigtails!

Marie said...


So beautifully done and retro in the best way!
Marie @ In Our Happy Place

Lauren @ Exploring My Style said...

This is a perfect patriotic outfit! I'm loving your classic dress!

Side note: has anyone ever told you that your eyes are an exact match of Lea Michele's? I was looking at the picture of just your eyes (with the flag covering your nose and mouth) and stopped. Your eyes are the perfect shape and color to match hers! Just a random observations haha :)

Paige said...

Darling outfit and fun video! You look so festive. :)
~Paige
Sunday Best and All the Rest

charmeuse said...

thank you very much for visiting me, would you like to follow each other? ;)
www.charmeusee.blogspot.com

Daniella C said...

awesome!
xx
daniella
simplybeautifulelegant.blogspot.com

Hannah Barta said...

Hahaha, I loved all the outtakes :) That drink looks sooo delicious and refreshing. And you look lovely as always :) I like your choice of the red white and blue!

dance a real

fashion-meets-art said...

fantastic pictures. such a wonderful setting and your smile is gorgeous.
kisses
Maren Anita

FASHION-MEETS-ART by Maren Anita

Jenny (Singing Bird Vintage) said...

An adorable outfit, and very patriotic without being too over-the-top! Love the headband!

Cheers,
Jenny

CLARISSA said...

Wow what a perfect 4th of July outfit! If you're ever looking for a gorgeous handmade leather bag be sure to check out www.karlavargas.com!

Debbie said...

You are lovely!! Your pictures make me happy! Happy 4th of July! xx
debsbug.blogspot.com

Wynne Prasetyo said...

super cute photos! i love your expressions hahaha. happy 4th of july!

Wynne Prasetyo said...

super cute photos! i love your expressions hahaha. happy 4th of july!

Jeans and a Teacup said...

Absolutely adorable! I love the gingham dress and that drink looks so good! Happy 4th!
~Jessica
Jeans and a Teacup

Brittney Johnson said...

Ooooo I LOVE your eye makeup. So cute and patriotic <3

Rebekah Bradford said...

Oh, this is so patriotic and beautiful! I love that dress :)

Ashleigh.Michelle said...

I love your eye make up! The blue is so pretty.

Samantha said...

Thanks for sharing this video and taking the time to make it!!! Love all the ideas:)

Elana said...

This is seriously the most perfect Fourth of July look! You are the cutest as usual.

By the way, have I ever asked where in California you live? That would so awesome if we're close! :)

www.room-334.blogspot.com

Delores Harshaw said...

Perfect as always! Such a sweet look and I love the DIY tutorials <3

Boyer Sisters said...

HOW DID I MISS THIS POST?! You are so completely adorable in every way <3

-Charlotte
boyerfamilysingers.blogspot.com

Ollyvia Laura Arnold said...

SUPER LOVE THE OUTFIT :)
anyway, would you like to follow each other on gfc/bloglovin and instagram?

NEW POST HERE
SOMETHING REAL SERIOUS
INSTAGRAM

Latest Instagrams

© Into the Woods. Design by Fearne.