A Dose of Nostalgia

July 9, 2014

IMG_0353 IMG_9998

There is a nagging voice in my head that keeps saying I should have named this post- In the Squash Fields... yeah, no- I am totally kidding- haha! But in all reality, we stumbled upon this little squash field while location hunting this week. I saw this sign and thought- yup, this is the place! The squash were of an unidentifiable nature- too round and tubby to be zucchinis. Any ideas? There's a picture near the end of this post- make your best guess!

Miss Sydney of Sydney's Vintage sent this lovely dress to me as a gift. She picked it out herself, and I must say, she managed to match my taste perfectly! I wanted to snap some pictures in it, to say thank you <3

IMG_0440 IMG_9888 IMG_9941 IMG_9980 IMG_9868 IMG_9812 IMG_0111 IMG_0136 IMG_0119 IMG_0100 IMG_0087 IMG_0047 IMG_0030 IMG_0373

Right there!! ^^^ Any ideas as to the mysterious squash caper? My curiosity is growing... rapidly ;-p

IMG_0391 IMG_0446 IMG_0152
Dress: Gift from Sydney
Shoes: Kmart
Headband: Garment District
Jacket: N Style
Earrings: Cinderella
Belt: H&M
Necklace: gift
Nora said...

Very pretty, Alex! I love the flower print dress and the little flowers peeking from between your hair :) Summer perfection!

Daniella C said...

love!
xx
daniella
simplybeautifulelegant.blogspot.com

Boyer Sisters said...

What an adorable location! And I really think that those squashes are zucchini! They have the stripes and everything!

Oh, and you are absolutely stunning per usual ;) GORGEOUS photos <3

-Charlotte
boyerfamilysingers.blogspot.com

Kristian said...

Oh, I love all the bright colors here and how the jean jacket keeps things clean and classic and not overwhelming.

diane said...

I love everything about this post and what a treasure Sydney sent you! The print on that dress is so lovely and you titled the post perfectly. Made me wish I could take a walk in that squash field myself!

The Hearabouts said...

Dreamy light & location <3. The dress is stunning, I loooove it.

Hugs,
S. - The Hearabouts

Jeans and a Teacup said...

What a pretty dress! I love the print!
~Jessica
Jeans and a Teacup

Jordyn said...

Love that dress!!
Jordyn
Pretty Lovely

Carley Lee said...

Gorgeous photos, location, and styling, Alex!
Those might be unripe butternut squash. They usually come out in the Fall around here so perhaps they just aren't quite ready yet :) Just a guess!
-Carley
xx

Miranda said...

Cute look! I need a good denim jacket to pair with dresses. Haha I don't know what type of vegetable that is, but the pictures are cute! XD

Miranda
Little Gold Pocket Watch

Samantha said...

I don't know what to say:O Everything about it is absolutely stunning!!!!!

Hannah Barta said...

I love this! That dress is gorgeous on you and the denim jacket is the kind I'd like--not too loose, but not too tight either--the one I have now is a little long to be as loose as it is! :) I like those wedges too.

dance a real

countrygirlcityfashion said...

That dress is just breathtakingly gorgeous! Lovely colors, and I love the belt. You look as perfect as ever.

Helen Mae said...

Looks like a marrow maybe?
Great dress too, the photos show it off so well.

I'm a new follower and I'm really enjoying your blog!

Jenna Condon said...

super gorgeous Alex!

http://abeautifulheart07.blogspot.com/

Jenny (Singing Bird Vintage) said...

Such a beautiful dress--I adore the print! It's so colorful. Also, I love the lighting and the overall mood of these photos. So quintessentially summery!

Cheers,
Jenny

Authentic Alice said...

Love your dress in this! I am currently trying to wear some more bright colours. Hopefully I will be posting so colourful out fit posts soon!

Evelyn said...

Ah, love the pop of color in the green field! The sunset is gorgeous (you certainly found another perfect spot!) and you only add to the beauty. =) I adore your hair, the little twist up works well for you. And the jean jacket is the perfect last touch! You wear them so well, I can't wear them in my opinion.. they don't look the best. =D

Also, I'm pretty darn sure that's zucchini. My mom grows them in her garden and they look just like that - big and chubby. =) I think most people are simply used to seeing the small, skinny ones from the grocery store. :P

Syd said...

You look wonderful Alexandra! So glad you like the dress!
Perfectly beautiful! Love, Syd

Eleanor Rose said...

Gorgeous outfit, I adore your dress! I just came up across your blog and the photography is beautiful, I love the 12th photo in this blogpost. Followed you ^^

Elesaurus

Crissy (Dainty Fawn) said...

Super gorgeous! I love how bright that dress's print is :D

Anonymous said...

Hi Alex,
I would love it if you did a 40's makeup tutorial.

Latest Instagrams

© Into the Woods. Design by Fearne.