Wednesday, July 16, 2014

A Blustery Day

IMG_3736 IMG_4040

The title for this post is no joke! I think this shoot was one of the windiest yet! Of course, as you girls can probably imagine- wind and floppy hats don't make the best of friends- haha! Never the less, we were still able to capture a few shots that don't look too wind blown.

I am sure some of you noticed, I am wearing pants! I've worn some jeans on the blog about two times in the past, which was a big step for me (no judging ;). So I feel like a pair of pretty, vintage palazzo pants are a bit more my speed. Palazzo pants have literally been my Summer trend obsession this year- I love them! I just think they are the prettiest things. My pair is from The Black Market Vintage

IMG_3599 IMG_4087 IMG_4084

I have some very exciting news! In just a couple of days I will be flying out to Minnesota! I've been putting aside money for some time now, and can hardly believe that I am going. It's surreal really- I love to travel, but get to so rarely. This year on the other hand has been laced with so many exciting opportunities and adventures. I feel so very blessed. 

I am hoping to be doing one or two outfit shoots while I am there- but rest assured, I've gotten ahead on Cali shoots to cover the time while I am away ;) I also have some fun plans for my YouTube channel while I am gone- so be sure and subscribe to me there to keep up with any new updates!

IMG_3921 IMG_4176 IMG_4194 IMG_4145 IMG_4306 Collage IMG_4173 IMG_3691 IMG_3714
Palazzo pants: c/o The Black Market Vintage
Blouse: Wolves Ahead
Shrug: Boubo
Shoes: Payless

23 comments:

Nora said...

Hello gorgeous! I love your outfit today! Somehow reminds me of the best of 1930s beachwears ahahha! Maybe if you had had a different hairstyle you would've fooled me alright! :)

Helen Mae said...

I love these photos! The palazzo pants are fab too:)

lauren, curious constellation said...

Your blog is so wonderful! Those pants are exquisite, have fun on your trip!

CiCi said...

Beautiful pictures! Such a lovely dreamy quality to them - despite the wind trying to ruin it. I feel like every time I've tried to take blog photos recently the wind has had other ideas!

Kristian said...

Oh this is just so elegant, and they are palazzo pants too!

diane said...

The print on those palazzo pants make me want a pair! I was hoping Black Market Vintage made them so I could buy myself a pair---darn, I guess I will have to hunt for similar fabric and make my own. You look beautiful as always. Safe travels.

Marie said...

such beautiful sunlight photos~
Marie @ In Our Happy Place

Samantha Joan said...

I love this shoot, Alex! :)

Delores Harshaw said...

This shoot is so summery and dreamy, I love it. You look darling in everything! Your travels sound exciting, hope you have fun and take lots of photos <3

Katelyn Sabelko said...

These photos are gorgeous! The wind was the perfect touch. I adore your outfit!

Boyer Sisters said...

I LOVE your palazzos Alexandra! They are so gorgeously lightweight and flow-y.
I hope you have a good trip!

Brigid
the Middle Sister and Singer

Ariella Langley said...

This is an absolutely beautiful shoot-you should do a behind the scenes video of how you use light and posing to create such a variety of amazing shots!

Wheelingalong said...

This shoot is stunning. I love that it's a vintage-y, & sophisticated - like all your other shoots - but it feels more casual & a touch more modern.
How do you manage to always have amazing photos that would look perfect in a magazine? My aim for my blog is to one day get a photo as good as yours ^^

Sally
www.wheelingalong24.com

Sara Strauss {Sincerely, Sara} said...

All of these pictures are amazing! I feel like you should have your own magazine! Love this!
~Sara

Savvy Spinster Vintage said...

What absolutely gorgeous photos- you are one heck of a photographer! This was definitely my favorite shoot you've done yet! :-)
-Melissa

Daniella C said...

awesome!
xx
daniella
simplybeautifulelegant.blogspot.com

Gaby Balls said...

Your look beautiful. I can beliove I have only just found your blog. Have followed and I can not wait for more post.

Gaby x

theglamdottylife.blogspot.co.uk

Rachel said...

Have an awesome trip! I love how sunny these photos are!

Angela said...

Love palazzo pants! I've been on the hunt for a pair since last summer, believe it or not. and I love your YouTube channel! Glad I found your blog through there :)

Vicki said...

Love your outfit! It reminds me of something out of the 1930s. And your photos are GORGEOUS! :)

~Vicki
decked out in ruffles

Latatica said...

check out my new fashion line at www.phaderewaw.wordpress.com

Jayme said...

You are so lovely. I love your outfit soooooo very much.
Ive become a big big fan of palazzo pants too, and I'm a guy..... I love the feel and the look, and the spaciousness..........
so I go from tights and shorts some days to roomy and pretty palazzo pants.......... I love the flower design on the ones you are wearing....

Jayme, your ballet and fashion loving GUY fan

The Hearabouts said...

You look so glamorous, I love the pants!

Have an amazing trip!

Hugs,
The Hearabouts