Sunshine on My Shoulders

June 11, 2014

IMG_2875 IMG_2873

Well- I have to admit, I wasn't sure how good this location would serve for photos, but I'm pleasantly surprised. This is just a spot near my house, beside a local church- who would have guessed it would turn out to be such a pretty place? I was especially pleased to find pink blossoms on those trees- yea!!

This skirt is a lovely, handmade piece from Poison Apple. I had been wanting a plain, black circle skirt for some time- I think this one is so adorable! Best part? You can customize the length ( always a plus if you are tall ;). Not to mention, it's one of those staple pieces to have in your wardrobe for Spring, Summer Fall and Winter. 

IMG_2878 IMG_2974

So yeah, I did buy another boater hat ( it's different than the one I have, I promise! lol)! I found this at Forever 21 last week and couldn't resist. It's real straw, unlike my Mossimo boater, so it lays a lot nicer. The brim is a bit larger as well which I thought would be pretty for Summer.

IMG_2838 IMG_3145 IMG_3032 IMG_3042 IMG_3122 IMG_3073 IMG_3206 IMG_3214 IMG_3242

So maybe you gals have noticed the increasing amount of videos that I have been making as of late. I've really been enjoying tapping into the YouTube world- particularly anything beauty related. What are your girls thoughts? Do you enjoy seeing tutorials and style diary type videos on the blog, in addition to outfit posts?

IMG_3148 IMG_3183 IMG_3279
Blouse & Hat: Forever 21
Skirt: c/o Poison Apple
Shoes: Payless
Necklace: Life 2 Creation
Lipstick: MAC Velvet Teddy
Earrings: c/o Scrap Cat
Harlow Darling said...

The lighting in these photos is so magical, such a gorgeous little spot and of course the flowers go so perfectly with your blouse :)

Bethany Carson said...

The blouse looks lovely!

Jenny (Singing Bird Vintage) said...

I am in love with the color scheme and the lighting in these photos. Just beautiful! And I love the print on your blouse. :)

Cheers!
Jenny

Wheelingalong said...

Wow, the bokeh of the tree in the background of these photos is STUNNING! So going to attempt this!

Sally
http://www.wheelingalong24.com

Kristian said...

This is one of your simpler outfits but still one that is quite stylish and pretty. As are you, in general :)

Kristian said...

This is one of your simpler outfits but still one that is quite stylish and pretty. As are you, in general :)

Daniella C said...

awesome skirt!
xx
daniella
simplybeautifulelegant.blogspot.com

Rachel said...

Beautiful, as always!! These photos turned out perfectly!

Hannah Barta said...

so so pretty! The bokeh in that one shot is incredible :)

dance a real

countrygirlcityfashion said...

You always look so lovely! I've been wanting a perfect black skirt, and I really like yours. That top is gorgeous as well, and you accessorized the outfit perfectly!

Sammi said...

So beautiful and sun-dappled!

xox Sammi

Hannah said...

Stunning setting, the lighting is so beautiful! You look lovely, I adore your hat!
dimplesdiaries
x

Samantha said...

Such a lovely outfit especially the blouse!!! I love the time of day you chose for taking the pictures. It looks so summery;) Also your lipstick is really pretty. What brand and color is it?

Alexandra Marie said...

@samantha Thank you! I am wearing MAC's Velvet Teddy Lipstick with Smashbox Rosette Lip Gloss :)

diane said...

So, so pretty! I'm loving that blouse with the lace and sweetheart neckline it creates. Is it still available at Forever 21 or have you had it awhile? Thanks too for educating us about the benefits of real straw in a hat! Who knew?!
Fun post, thanks for sharing!

Alexandra Marie said...

@Diane Yes! I just purchased it last week- great deal too- $8! I couldn't find it online, but I'm sure they still have it in stores :)

Lorna Sharp said...

Stunning post !
A simple outfit but it really working out !
Magical lightening i agree and I cannot blâme you for the hat... I m like that too ! ;)
Xxx
Love from Paris,
Lorna

Http://lornasharp.blogspot.com

Miranda said...

Wow, lovely photos! That's such a nice, summery outfit for going out and about.

Miranda
littlegoldpocketwatch.blogspot.com

Rebecca Tan said...

the sunshine is these shots is glorious! you look simply perfect, like you've stepped out of a vogue spread! perfect styling xxxx

Jenna Condon said...

really pretty! (: Love the location. Is this really right by that church near your house? Maybe I'll have to try it there one time too.

http://abeautifulheart07.blogspot.com/2014/06/a-beautiful-giveaway-beach-tote.html

Katie said...

These are such beautiful images. Love the zoomed out picture where you're standing by the gate. Super-pretty and the lighting is mesmerising!

Katie <3

Rory said...

Great outfit, love the floral top. I'm following your blog, would you like to follow eachother?

Laura Whitman said...

This outfit is so gorgeous! I really love how the boater hat just throws it all completely together!

xoxo,
Laura
http://lauraisthriftingthroughlife.blogspot.com/

Jeans and a Teacup said...

Super cute outfit! Love the floral top and hat!
~Jessica
Jeans and a Teacup

Corinne said...

Oh my goodness, you are perfect! I just want to put you in my pocket. These photos are stunning, the light in them is really flattering.

I hope you're having a nice weekend.

Corinne x
www.skinnedcartree.com

Alice Young said...

Your top is so lovely! Pictures are amazing!

The Velvet Black // UK Style, Beauty & Lifestyle Blog

Rebekah Bradford said...

I love your makeup! And the lighting in these pictures is great!

Kevin Michael said...

Alex these pics are beautiful and your style is amazing :) love, Dad

Randi C said...

What incredible shots, and such a gorgeous outfit on a gorgeous gal :)
Glad to have found your blog!

Marie said...

too pretty to describe in a few words! just love everything from the outfit to the makeup to the lighting!
Marie @ In Our Happy Place

Delores Harshaw said...

You are as stunning as ever! & Seriously, your photos are always peeerfect.

Catarina Martins said...

Magical photos for sure!!
Fantastic as always <3

Sammie Dacanay said...

Hi there! I'm a new follower of your blog and I'm hooked to it very much. :) All of your posts are lovely. Wish I could be like you someday. I also loved your What's in My Camera bag post! It's similar to what I have too. :) Hope you can drop over at my blog if you have time. xx

Much love,
Sammie
sammiethestargirl.blogspot.com

Lauren Mufford said...

You are flawless. This makeup really blew me away, and it's my favourite post yet.

Latest Instagrams

© Into the Woods. Design by Fearne.