Sunny Bunny

June 25, 2014

IMG_8384 IMG_8378
IMG_8347

I have been literally counting down the days until I could share this dress with you all! This extraordinary little frock was sent to me from Nicole of The Ladies Armory. I am always hunting for pretty Summer dresses, and this one doesn't disappoint! I have worn it on nearly 5 different occasions already- I can see this becoming a favorite of mine! The dress is made from a light, vintage cotton- perfect for the warm weather. I love the classic shape paired with the full circle skirt- it's a work of art! Nicole has several other lovely dresses available- do be sure and take a look!

I am now back from my little mini vacation. For those of you who asked on social media, it was a four day event that was hosted through my school, called the Spring Fling. The days are filled with all sorts of activities, from debates and paper presentations, to sports and choral singing. On the third day we have what would be my school's equivalent to prom- but the best part is that it is all comprised of old fashioned contra-dance (like the Virginia reel) and my personal favorite, swing dancing. 

IMG_8419 IMG_8883 IMG_8469 IMG_8476 IMG_8545 IMG_8578 IMG_8612 IMG_8622 IMG_8802
Dress: c/o The Ladies Armory
Hat: Grandma's
Shoes: Payless
Earrings: Forever 21
Necklace: A Pocket of Whimsy

For those of you who were interested in the camera bag I featured, here is the Amazon link
S. said...

The dress is absolutely stunning, I love it!! And I adore the hat <3

Hugs,
The Hearabouts

Suzanne Carillo Style Files said...

What a beautiful dress!

bisous
Suzanne
www.suzannecarillo.com

Bethany Carson said...

Love the pattern on the dress! You look beautiful in yellow!

Miranda said...

Absolutely beautiful!! That hat is precious, and the dress is lovely. I love your pictures, too. This whole post is wonderful! Love it!

Miranda
littlegoldpocketwatch.blogspot.com

Boyer Sisters said...

Gorgeous as usual! And that dance at the end of the program your school puts on sounds like SO much fun! My sisters and I adore contra dancing; but with that combined with SWING?! *swoon*

xo,

-Charlotte
boyerfamilysingers.blogspot.com

Stephanie said...

Another beautiful dress! It looks like it was made just for you :)

Have a lovely day!

Kristian said...

Ah! Could this outfit BE anymore perfection- love the print and color, love that hat, love that the shoes are perfectly understated.

Also- how cool that your school does actual dancing at dances instead of... free form. I love to swing too, but only know single and triple lindy :) Did you dance a lot?

Carley Lee said...

This is indeed the perfect summer dress, Alex! And I adore the hat you're wearing with it :)
The Spring Fling sounds like such a wonderful event, too!
-Carley
xx

Sammi said...

This dress is amaaaaazing. Totally in love!

xox Sammi
www.thesoubrettebrunette.blogspot.com

Jamie S said...

What a beautiful dress! So perfect for summer with it's golden hues. love love love!

Crissy (Dainty Fawn) said...

That dress is so gorgeous! Perfect summer dress!! :D

Hannah Barta said...

So. Beautiful. :)

dance a real

countrygirlcityfashion said...

Such a stunning dress! I love the classic shape, and your photography is as breathtaking as ever.

Daniella C said...

fab!
xx
daniella
simplybeautifulelegant.blogspot.com

Samantha said...

Love your photos as per usual, they're always so fresh and romantic, like a scene from a classic movie! And that bright happy dress looks amazing!

diane said...

Alex this is my new favorite dress! I would love to find a fabric with similar large bouquets! Love, love, love it! Your hair and make-up are so lovely in this shoot! I'm on the hunt for that vintage fabric and of course I will never find it but maybe something close!

Marie said...

Amazing dress and pictures, just beautiful.
Marie @ In Our Happy Place

Maria- CityLaundry said...

I just came across your blog for the first time and i'm so happy I did! You have a new follower!

The floral pattern on this dress is so darling. The dress looks amazing on you and it reminds me of a dress I use to have when i was little!

xo
-maria

PS.
I'm hosting a shoe GIVEAWAY on my blog, go check it out lovely lady!


City Laundry
Twitter | Instagram

Ali Hval said...

Aaaah, that dress is gorgeous, Alex! It's hard having to wait to post something, isn't it? ;) Darn our time schedules! I especially love your mini binoculars necklace--how cute of an accessory is that?!

Jeans and a Teacup said...

Such a pretty dress! And that hat is so cute! Love the whole outfit!
~Jessica
Jeans and a Teacup

Nicole Boylan said...

Absolutely stunning photos. I am so proud that you've chosen our dress and thrilled to hear it is becoming one of your favorites! You are an inspiration to keep working, learning, and sewing vintage fashion!

XOXO
nicole

Olivia said...

Wait, this is too funny. I saw your dress up on Modcloth and was like, wow I am so jealous of her outfit. She is gorgeous. And now, here I am on your blog! And again, I am seriously in love with this dress. I really wanted one for my graduation but couldn't find one. Love your retro style:)
xo Olivia

Naomi said...

I love your style! You are absolutely stunning, I am super jealous of your hair and make up skills ;)

Anonymous said...

Hi Alex,
I would like you to do a 20's Makeup tutorial.
I would also like to see a bunch of other ones from the different eras.

Jamie Rose D. said...

These pictures are absolutely gorgeous and so are you! I love your new dress. The hat you paired with it is wonderful too. I love the bow on the back of it. So so pretty!

PetitePanoply.com

alexis said...

love the dress. your blog's photography is so great

- alexis

http://nevernewd.blogspot.com/

Catarina Martins said...

Beautiful dress, magic light and you are awesome as always :) <3
Cati

Taylor Hart said...

This dress is amazing and so are the hat and that sweet little necklace as well. Sheesh! You are too pretty!
xoxo
Taylor

ADISHER Leather said...

Hi Dear, your dress is so beautiful and gorgeous!!

Greetings from Indonesia :)

ADISHER Leather

http://adisherleather.blogspot.com/

ADISHER Leather said...

Hi Dear, your dress is so beautiful and gorgeous!!

Greetings from Indonesia :)

ADISHER Leather

http://adisherleather.blogspot.com/

Samantha said...

Such a lovely outfit!!! I love the area you choose to take the pictures;)

Latest Instagrams

© Into the Woods. Design by Fearne.