Can't Beat Cali Summers

June 18, 2014

IMG_4775 IMG_4796

Good morning, Sunshines! As I write this, I am attempting to multi-task- I am getting ready for a little four day mini-vacation ( yeah)!! So, if I am a little slow in responding to you all this week, you will know why! 

On another note, if you ladies haven't had the chance yet, be sure and check out my last post, What's in My Camera Bag Summer Edition!

Today I am featuring this 1940s style handmade dress from Clothing by Michelle. This dress is actually a reproduction of the Katniss Everdeen Reaping dress. I found this fabric from M&M Cotton House- I thought the light yellow floral print would be perfect for the warm weather. It was so much fun to work with Michelle to customize this dress, from the fabric to the buttons. 

IMG_4853 IMG_4630 IMG_4715 IMG_4586 IMG_4984 IMG_4898 IMG_4867 IMG_5114 IMG_4967b IMG_5131
Scarf: vintage
Earrings: Scrap Cati
Shoes: Ebay
Locket: vintage
Charlotte MacDonald-Gaunt said...

Just beautiful as usual :o) Xx

Makeup by Candlelight

Daniella C said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Daniella C said...

beautiful!
xx
daniella
simplybeautifulelegant.blogspot.com

Bethany Carson said...

Lovely outfit!

Boyer Sisters said...

SO gorgeous! What a perfect summer dress, and that lipstick looks absolutely elegant on you. I love the combination of red and yellow in this outfit too; so summery and vivid.

-Charlotte
boyerfamilysingers.blogspot.com

Kristian said...

You look gorgeous and summery!

Kristian said...

You look gorgeous and summery!

Delores Harshaw said...

Can you stop being so perfect? No don't, I love seeing your lovely outfits and perfect photos <3

Paige said...

This dress is lovely; I like its dainty fabric. Your shoes are cute too!

Rachel said...

The print of that dress is just lovely--I really like your hair wrapped up like that, too!

Rachel said...

The print of that dress is just lovely--I really like your hair wrapped up like that, too!

Naomi said...

You are absolutely stunning, and that dress is so lovely! I'd love it if you would check out my blog if you get the chance :)
http://exoticallyedgar.blogspot.com/

Sara, Swing The Day Away said...

I love the bandana look! I keep meaning to try something like it. I know you posted a tutorial a while back for it. I also love the mix of primary colors in this outfit, and how simple it is! :)

Hannah Barta said...

Oooh! I have not seen The Hunger Games, but I've seen Katniss's reaping dress, and it's gorgeous! :) You look lovely. Also, I wanted to thank you for leaving a comment on my blog the other day. It meant a lot, as your blog is one of my favorite fashion blogs :)

dance a real

Miranda said...

Precious!! I love that head scarf and dress together.

Miranda
littlegoldpocketwatch.blogspot.com

Syd said...

Perfect! You always get it just right Alexandra!
You are a Vintage Princess!
Syd :)

Nikki said...

Oh wow, Alexandra! You look absolutely amazing! I adore this dress on you :) Have fun on your mini-vacation. That sounds like so much fun! Happy weekend! xo

Rachel Phillips said...

Loving the pops of red going on! And the detail on your earrings are super cute :) Wish I could pull off the vintage look!

Rachel
Daydream Frenzy

Catarina Martins said...

Welcome Summer!! Awesome as always, so beautiful and inspiring :) Thank you so much!

Rebekah Bradford said...

Have fun on your mini vacation! I think that dress is beautiful!

{Dust and Swallow} said...

Thank you for your lovely comment and for following me! :) Your blog is dawn pretty and you're so beautiful! I'm in love!

Crissy (Dainty Fawn) said...

You always look so gorgeous!

Taylor Hart said...

You're seriously stunning girl!
xoxo
Taylor

Anonymous said...

Hi Alex,
I was wondering if you could do a makeup tutorial for just a simple girl. Not half as much makeup as you do, cuz I am not a fancy person.
Love,
Sofa ;)

Alexandra Marie said...

@Sophie Yes ma'am! In fact, I've done one recently- you can view it here!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a9KtMO8rszw

Katie said...

I wish I could pull off half the looks you do! So beautiful!

Katie <3

Latest Instagrams

© Into the Woods. Design by Fearne.