Hello Sunshine

May 5, 2014

Mayb

So last Sunday was pretty much like any other Sunday... wake up, get ready and head off to Sunday service. But something made Sunday, April 27th particularly special...

IMG_8114 IMG_8131c IMG_8191 IMG_8216 IMG_8223 IMG_8501 May

If you were to open up a very particular newspaper on April 27th, you would surely understand the cause for my excited reaction.... drum roll please!!!!

IMG_8380 IMG_8466

That's right! I was in the New York Times!! Yup- the one that is sold all over the world. If you follow me on social media, then this probably comes as no surprise- I couldn't keep quiet- haha! A little over a month ago, ModCloth connected me with Marissa Meltzer, author and journalist (thank you again, ModCloth)! An interview with Marissa, and photoshoot later with the ever lovely, Amy Dickerson, and here we are! I officially have a stack of newspapers piled high on my dresser after a Starbucks NYT hunt ;) If any of you Dollies are the least bit curious, you can see and read the article online here. It's a super duper fun article about girlies who strayed from the typical "tulle, beaded dress," and opted for something out of the box for their prom! Of course, I would wear what else but...vintage- hehe.

Collageb IMG_8409 IMG_8486 IMG_8495
Peignior Set: c/o Luckiest Duck Vintage
Sponge Rollers: Conair
Vintage nylon scarf

Harlow Darling said...

AMAZING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Congratulations!!! Your vintage sleepwear is gorgeous, you are so glam :3

Anonymous said...

That's awesome!!! Congrats!
You're in high school?!
Mary

Diana F said...

Oh you are the clever girl!!! The article in the New York Times that featured you was so well-desereved and WOW I bet a lot of your followers are FALLING OFF THEIR CHAIRS when they realize YES you ARE in High School, lol (I know their reaction as it was mine too!)

Did I not tell you when I FIRST met you that I could not believe the whole world was not aware of you, your beauty and your talents?? Am I right or am I right?

You are on your way chick-a-dee! Don't forget the LIL PEEPS!!!


BTW the Vintage Lingerie you are wearing is simply stunning!! It's one of my favorite types of Vintage to wear! I have a FEW of these lovely types of robes myself, many covered in ruffles! They are modest and feminine and plain old sweet. {BUT if my HUSBAND asks you if I have any of these robes, well of course NOT!! Why would I buy more Vintage? PUH-leeze!}

As always, the Alexandra Effect has made me smile! And I can't wait to show it to Lola! When I showed her your last post, she remarked, "GOOLLLEEE, isn't that girl pretty! Is she a Movie Girl"?

From the mouths of babes, I'm telling ya Alex.....from the mouths of babes ALWAYS comes the truth!!!

Love ya Kid!

Diana
xoxo

www.etsy.com/shop/Moxie2RunwayVintage

Georgiana said...

Congratulations!

BTW these photos are stunning I like the sheer pastel yellow nightgown. And the scarf with haircurlers look so chic, how do you do that? :D

Rachel said...

How super exciting to be featured in the article! And I definitely admire non traditional prom dresses. I didn't have a prom, but if I did, I definitely would have worn something outside the box!

Delvalina said...

I saw it the ModCloth keep hit your pinterest other day! Now I see. Wow congratulation!!
If I need to flash back that I met you from begining about your first blog and you become inspiration more each day.
So proud of you Alex :)
Let God be glorified in you!
Blessing,
Delvalina

Kristian said...

Oh, now that is just the coolest thing! So thrilled for you!

And what a great new photoshoot for any new readers to start on too- this morning wake-up one is simply adorable. I never cease to marvel at your ability to tell a story through your photographs.

Members of The Vintage Lingerie Sellers Sales Team said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!! Fabulous!! Today I truly am the Luckiest Duck! I'm so pleased. Thank you for the beautiful feature of my vintage peignoir set. You look gorgeous! So clever and creative...
Happy Day,
Kathy
Luckiest Duck 1

wingsforliberty.com said...

I wish I could find my picture in a paper every typical Sunday morning! Congrats <3 you look gorgeous!

Fashionably,
Luiza
http://wingsforliberty.com/

Tiffany Ima said...

Congrats! That is really awesome!

I love this post...I never look that good when I wake up haha.

Tiffany Ima
Style Honestly

Alex said...

That is so awesome! Congratulations!

Alexandra Marie said...

@Mary Yes! I am 17 years old <3

Alexandra Marie said...

@Delvalina Thank you so much <3 Yes, I know- it's so fun to always be meeting new people and having new experiences through blogging, but there is so much community and loveliness in having followers who have stuck with you since the beginning- you're the best!

Alexandra Marie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Lorna Sharp said...

Love it, you are finitely gorgeous in yellow dear !
Xxx
Love from France,
Lorna

Http://lornasharp.blogspot.com

Emelie Claire said...

My my my....your pictures never cease to amaze me! I am an avid lover of anything vintage and so your blog is always a such a treat! Btw I thought you would like to know that I have transferred to a new blog and it would mean a lot to me for you to check it out! I have emailed you a few times before with questions about your photography and such and have never been disappointed. You have always replied quite promptly and have helped me a great deal in improving my photography. I think It is safe to say that your blog is one of my favorites! Have a wonderful day, Emelie Claire

http://happilylivingmydream.blogspot.com/

Girly3323 said...

Congratulations! It's just too awesome, that's what. :)

Dee said...

Congrats! This is amazing and well deserved <3

Beverly Houpt said...

So fun! Congrats!! And this is a pretty good article to boot.

Anonymous said...

I am SOOOOOOOOO proud of you my beautiful daughter!! You are my sweetie pie and a blessing!
Love, Mom

Hannah Barta said...

That's absolutely amazing, Alex! Way to go!

charmant

diane said...

Are you still pinching yourself? I'm not surprised but your sweet, humble self is probably wondering if it's all a dream! You are so deserving and such a joy to follow! Thanks for sharing your talent and knowledge. Congratulations!

Rebekah Bradford said...

Congrats! That is ridiculously cool!

Immortality Passion said...

Amazing! What a beautiful photos! Now I discovered your blog and i m in love!

Demi said...

How amazing!! I want to extend my warmest congratulations--You're living the dream, sister! Definitely much deserved :)

Demi
http://carbonchic.com.au

justicepirate.com said...

You are cute as a baby panda (well cuter even). haha. I love the first shot of you looking at the paper. It totally looks old school!!! Beautiful nightie!!! I love the yellow! Great job with all your features!
+Victoria+

Danny said...

I adore the retro vibe on these pictures! you look super lovely!

Jeans and a Teacup said...

Congrats! That's so exciting! You're pictures are always so lovely and so are your outfits. I had no idea you were still in high school!
~Jessica
Jeans and a Teacup

Crissy (Dainty Fawn) said...

HOW AMAZING!!! Congrats :D

Kristina @ Eccentric Owl said...

SO awesome!!! Your prom dress was absolutely beautiful! And your vintage lingerie is so, so gorgeous. I have a pink shell like yours, but sadly the nightie was not with it, so I'm on a search for one to match!
xo
Kristina
www.eccentricowl.com

Latest Instagrams

© Into the Woods. Design by Fearne.