How I Do My Makeup// Daily Routine

April 13, 2014

IMG_6986

IMG_6991

Hey Lovely Girlies! Today I have finally put together a tutorial for my daily makeup routine, which just so happens to be 1950s inspired! I drone on in this video for about 30 minutes, so if you're going to buckle down and watch, better grab a cup of joe and get ready for some fun!

What I'm Using:
-Stila Face the Day Moisturizing Gel
-NYC Liquid Foundation
-Mineral Glow Foundation // Cool Beige
Maybelline Dream Fresh BB Cream // Light/Medium
Mineral Glow Bronzer // Bohemian
-Forever 21 Eyelashes
-Duo Lash Glue // White/Clear
-NYC Sparkle Eye Dust // Opal Sparkle
-NYC Instant Lash mascara
-Rimmel Gel Liner // Black
-Rimmel Lip-liner // Red Dynamite
-MAC Lipstick // Russian Red




Anywhoo- hope you girls enjoyed! If you have any other tutorials you would like to see, or any questions, drop me a comment!
xoxoxo
Alex
Wheelingalong said...

I totally recommend you get the sugarpill white eyeshadow (I think it's called tako?) which is a very pigmented matte white eyeshadow & it's not stupidly priced.....definately worth it though if you use a lot of white shadow :)
Loved the tutorial :)

Sally

http://www.wheelingalong24.com

Nic Ridley said...

Thanks for the tutorial! You've inspired me to try fake eyelashes!

Rebekah Bradford said...

Glad you posted a video! Your makeup is so beautiful!

Boyer Family Singers said...

Fabulous, Alex! Thanks so much for the video :) I have had troubles before with fake eyelashes, so they didn't leave such a good impression on me when I first tried them, though I'm wondering about using them again sometime... I think I may just need some different glue ;P Anyways, I will definitely be taking away some great makeup tips from this video, so thanks!

xoxo,

-Charlotte
boyerfamilysingers.blogspot.com

Hannah Barta said...

I loved it, Alexandra! You've inspired me to mess around some more with makeup.... :)

charmant

Jordyn said...

I gave up on eyelashes a couple months ago, maybe I should give them another chance. I love the way they look!

Pretty Lovely

Sydney Jordan said...

Wonderful video Alexandra! Look forward to more!

Linda B said...

Oooh, this is such a lovely video! You're always exceptionally beautiful :)
I so need to try fake eyelashes!

The Dragonfruit Diaries

Hannah Heyne said...

What was the brand and name of the eye shadow primer that you used?

Thanks for the great video!

~Hannah

Alexandra Marie said...

@Hannah Heyne-- oops, I forgot to link it! Hard Candy- it works wonders! I picked it up at Walmart for $6

Diana said...

Like some others have said, this feature has inspired me to have some fun with make-up, Lord knows it looks fantastic on you! I don't typically fuss with anything other than my normal routine! I ADORE the eyelashes, I am def going to give that a go as well : )

Maybe you mentioned this or maybe I missed it, but do you have a favorite, go to RED lipstick color, or do you use a variety of colors?

THANKS for sharing!

D
xoxo

https://www.etsy.com/shop/Moxie2RunwayVintage

Alexandra Marie said...

@Diana Thank you so much! Yes! I have this small red lipstick obsession ( probably at least 7+ shades of red) but my all time favorite is MAC's Russian Red- it's the red I wear in almost all of my photo shoots, as well as this video :)

Diana said...

THANKS for the info---I will have to give the Russian Red a try!!

D

https://www.etsy.com/shop/Moxie2RunwayVintage

Polly Bland said...

I had no idea you had a youtube! Just subbed you immediately!!! :D:D

love, polly
pollybland.com

Kristina @ Eccentric Owl said...

It did not feel like you droned for 30 minutes! That video went by fast. So fun! I need to wear fake eyelashes more often; they are amazing. And I'm totally cheap with my brushes and makeup too. I think it's nice to see tutorials using affordable makeup.
xo
Kristina
www.eccentricowl.com

Paulina said...

Great video!
You are very dedicated to your style...I admire that. : )
I've never had much expertise in the makeup department, but I don't have much time to myself in the mornings anyway! With little children, it becomes impossible to even keep your nails polished.
: )
I too love listening to 50's tunes, and 30's/40's as well.
I have Sirius xm radio, and I like to play "50s on 5" during the day, and then transition to "Siriusly Sinatra" or "40s on 4" in the evening.
Bing Crosby, Frank Sinatra, Ricky Nelson, Elvis...I love them all!

Latest Instagrams

© Into the Woods. Design by Fearne.