Field of Dreams

April 16, 2014

IMG_7309 IMG_7362
IMG_7372b

You girls may be curious to know the reason for my long tresses- what can I say? My hair grows fast! Haha, just kidding ;) I have been playing with different alternatives for my hair lately, and couldn't resist. This clip in piece is from a hair extension shop called Luxurious Locks. It's heat resistant so it can even be curled as long as you make sure your iron is the right temperature. Gina worked with me to find just the right color to match my hair- she did an incredible job!

This month I teamed up with Moxie 2 Runway Vintage to style this dreamy, field shoot. This dress is an authentic 1930s number ( can you believe it!?) and is available for purchase here. I can't even say how amazing it was to wear this dress for a shoot- as you can see the skirt is all sorts of amazing. Most of all, it's over 80 years old and in stellar condition. Moxie 2 Runway Vintage is offering Into the Woods readers 20% off any order with the code AlwaysIntoTheWoods

A couple of months ago we got one, nice rain for about a day or two. Just from that little bit of water, our countryside is blooming with wildflowers and greenery. It's a refreshing change when everything has been so dry and brown. The days have been up to the 90's here lately!

IMG_7181 IMG_7164 IMG_7237
IMG_7056 IMG_7067 IMG_7139

I knew these gorgeous little flower hair combs would be the perfect addition to this outfit! I love the glass and pearl details- I think this set of combs would be so pretty on a Spring bride <3 You can find your own set at Royal E Xander in different colors, as well as several other stunning hair accessories.

IMG_7185 IMG_7199 IMG_7440 IMG_7439 IMG_7454
IMG_7481
IMG_7130 IMG_7434
Dress: Borrowed via Moxie 2 Runway Vintage
Hair Extensions: c/o Luxurious Locks
Hair Clips: c/o Royal E Xander
Shoes: Payless
Parasol: Lace-Parasols

There's a new post up on my other blog, Beautiful in God's Eyes. I hope you ladies will take a moment to stop by and read it!
Rachel said...

Beautiful!! And the hairpiece looks pretty cool!

Nic Ridley said...

Gorgeous!

http://domesticatedsophisticate.blogspot.com

Stephanie said...

Amazing! The one of you in the field with your skirt blowing in the wind is simply stunning :)

Hugs to you!

Boyer Family Singers said...

Simply amazing! You look absolutely stunning, and the overall style of these photos is so lush and dramatic. Fantastic, my dear!

-Charlotte
boyerfamilysingers.blogspot.com

Sammi said...

Alexandra, these shots are unbelievably gorgeous! So so stunning. And I love that you have options for your hair! It's so cute short, but I love the extensions.

xox Sammi
www.thesoubrettebrunette.blogspot.com

Delvalina said...

so beautiful :)

Jordyn said...

LOVE this location! These pictures are gorgeous!!
Jordyn
Pretty Lovely

diane said...

Dreamy is the perfect adjective to describe this shoot! Oh, and that blue bottle was genius. Your artistic eye is amazing!

Sara Strauss {Sincerely, Sara} said...

Gorgeous pictures!! I love your make up here!
~Sara

Anonymous said...

You are SO beautiful sweetie -- inside and out! You are SO loved! Very cool shoot! Love you, Mom <3

Hannah Barta said...

Lovely, just lovely! And that super long hair complements you perfectly. How nice that you can have both long and short hair in the same day! :)

charmant

Justine said...

What a beautiful photoshoot!

Kristian said...

Wow- they did do a good job of matching your hair color. I'm impressed.

As usual, another dreamy set of photos.

Linda B said...

You always go all out in your photos, and I love it! That second photo is just perfect

The Dragonfruit Diaries

Rebecca Tan said...

Simply stunning lovely! loving the extensions on you! they look fantastic. Gorgeous skirt, and loving the colours of your eyeshadows too!xxxx

Diana said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Diana said...

Wow Alexandra this feature is glorious! The color palette of Nature’s Playground, the beguiling hair, the exquisitely executed make-up, the Golden Age gown, your charm & beauty....I can't stop looking at the pictures!

Hard to choose, but I do love the brilliant shots that capture movement, #2 and #3—made all the more perfect with the black and white treatment.

And shot #16 (next to the last)—what a glamorous, yet ethereal, retro beauty you are with THE most evocative eyes I’ve ever seen! Your features allow you to be a playful chameleon…never looking forced, you somehow look perfectly natural being the person you’ve styled yourself as…if that makes sense lol!

THANK YOU so much for bringing out the inner loveliness of our gown—a treasured garment with a whole lot of history has now been reborn!! No one does it quite like you…I call it the Alexandra Effect…

♥♥ Oh, can’t forget—-when I went to vote for your blog on “Company”, there is a drop-down box for category, and I wasn’t sure what to choose!! What’s your choice? THANKS!!

Moxie2RunwayVintage
www.etsy.com/shop/Moxie2RunwayVintage

Brittney Johnson said...

Oh my goodness the hair extensions look so gorgeous! And your outfit is so beautiful. This is most definitly one of my favorite fashion shoots you've taken :)

Delores Harshaw said...

Wow these are just stunning <3

Alexandra Marie said...

@Diane Thank you so much, your comments always brighten my day <3 It was an absolute thrill to style your incredible dress- I hope the pictures come as good use for you! And thank you so much for taking the time to nominate me! Whichever you find best suits- I suppose probably best teen blogger- I'm 17!

Hana - Marmota said...

I never would have guessed the dress was so old! A great photoshoot, bringing it to life.

Harlow Darling said...

These photos are like something out of a dream, so different from your usual outfits but equally enchanting! I love you with bright blue eye shadow - it looks so striking with your gorgeous eyes :) Also, I'm impressed with the hair extensions - I have been thinking about getting some myself because I can never make up my mind on what length I want my hair. I like to have short hair because it goes with my 50s style outfits best - but then I feel like it means I can't wear my 40s dresses because the length of my hair doesn't suit them. Time for me to get some hair extensions I think!

Diana said...

Ok Alex now that I have picked myself up off the floor....I will nominate / vote for you, but are you really SEVENTEEN?? You are so.....accomplished! I am stunned!!!


xoxo

Moxie2RunwayVintage
www.etsy.com/shop/Moxie2RunwayVintage

Agent M. said...

Beautiful! Definitely one of my favorite style posts.

diane said...

Note to Diana: I too fell on the floor when I read "17"! I am still in shock! "Accomplished" is exactly the word that explains my state of incredulity. What a beautiful, mature, articulate young woman who is "accomplished" beyond her years! Keep surprising and impressing us Alexandra and always be true to yourself!

Ashley said...

This is definitely my favorite outfit post of yours Alex! It reminds me of Selena Gomez's Come And Get It music video. You are so beautiful! Love you dear. ♥

Rebekah Bradford said...

So beautiful--the close-up picture of your face is just gorgeous! And the hair extensions look great :)

Lorna Sharp said...

Haha love the hair growing fast ;)
You look divine dear!
Xxx
Lorna

Http://lornasharp.blogspot.com

Katherine said...

You're so beautiful Alexandra!! <3I hope I can be just as gorgeous as you are some day! :)

Polly Bland said...

any of these photos and all the ones on your blog should be in a magazine :)

love, polly
pollybland.com

Latest Instagrams

© Into the Woods. Design by Fearne.