Put a Flower in Your Hair

March 19, 2014

IMG_4332 IMG_4331

Top of the mornin' to ya'! Well, I guess it's not St. Patrick's day anymore, but I'm in a bit of a festive mood ;) I have been so over the moon excited about this post! I have always wanted to do a photo shoot with a vintage swimsuit, and finally here we are! This amazing piece was sent to me courtesy of The Vintage Domain, a Canada based Etsy shop. This online store is really so lovely- there's really so much to choose from! You can find anything from vintage clothing to books and housewares. This swimsuit cam exactly as described- perfect condition ( again amazing for a garment from the 1950s), it looked as though it had never been worn. I took it along with my on my Hawaii trip- Jenna and I even did some photos there with it, but sadly I timed it wrong and they came out a bit too dark ( shame on me!) Thankfully, living in Cali has it's perks, one of them being that you can drive to the coast and do a lovely beach shoot right here!

IMG_4448 IMG_4487 IMG_4501
IMG_4511 IMG_4420 IMG_4429 IMG_4435 IMG_4368 IMG_4551 IMG_4528 IMG_4694 IMG_4653b
IMG_4709 IMG_4719 IMG_4725
Swimsuit: c/o The Vintage Domain
Shirt: c/o Macondo Vintage
Sunglasses: Forever 21
Flower clip: Elana's Bows
Nylon Scarf: Totally Scarves
Earrings: c/o Scap Cati
Charlotte MacDonald-Gaunt said...

Amazing photography as usual - just like a pin up, beautiful! :o) Xx


Makeup by Candlelight

Reut Metallisydän said...

You are so lovely with this swimsuit! it looks great on you and you obviously have a great body for wearing such things :)
Along with the red lipstick it's just absolutely awesome!
keep smiling :P

Kayla GracefullyVintage said...

So beautiful!! What a great post and a wonderful swimsuit! What a lovely location too x

Carey Mooradian said...

That swimsuit is adorable-and you look amazing! The red accents with are perfect! And the coke bottle? Too cute:)

Primrose Jazmine and Brooklyn Joy said...

you're. stunning.

Emily Baker said...

loving your blog these days!

Boyer Family Singers said...

Gorgeous! Simply Gorgeous! That lifeguard stand... thing (;P) is an impeccable prop, too!

-Charlotte
boyerfamilysingers.blogspot.com

Sammi said...

Omg... this is so stunning!! Is the swimsuit vintage?! Absolutely beautiful.

xox Sammi
www.thesoubrettebrunette.blogspot.com

Vanessa James said...

That swimsuit is beautiful and the pictures are stunning, I need a 1950s swimsuit in my life!

Love Vanessa xx

vanessalovesralph.blogspot.com

Carley Lee said...

Fabulous! Absolutely fabulous!
-Carley
xx

countrygirlcityfashion said...

What a lovely bathing suit, and stunning pictures! Such a perfect idea for a shoot, and you look so retro. Impeccable, as always.

Ashleigh.Michelle said...

I love this suit! I may have to buy one just like it.

www.thepreppylittlepolkadot.blogspot.com

Jenny Rainey said...

You look fab! I love the suit and the flower in your hair; it's such an gorgeous and effortless retro look. So cute!

Cheers,
Jenny

Catarina Paiva said...

Amazing! Absolutely fabulous <3
Thank you so much
Cheers,
Cati

Nic Ridley said...

Wow! Love this!!!

diane said...

Oh how I wish they made suits like that today! You are a darling pinup girl and your momma can be proud!

Frances said...

Too cute! That swimsuit is SO good, and you look fabulous. I'm a little jealous of the winter beaches now that I live somewhere that actually freezes this time of year...

Anonymous said...

Yes, her momma is one very, very proud momma! :-) Love you Alexandra, Mom :-) <3

Alexandra Marie said...

Aw, thank you Sammi! Yes, it is from the 1950s!

Dus of Cuddly Cacti said...

wow girl you look absolutely stunning! if i didnt know, i'd think this were a professional shoot for a big swimsuit company!! you should seriously look into modeling, you styling w/ it all & poses are perfect & you are just so pretty!

Laura Whitman said...

That suit is so super amazing! I love how your styled it - you look so gorgeous!

xoxo,
Laura
http://lauraisthriftingthroughlife.blogspot.com/

justicepirate.com said...

What a model you are. How adorable and I love how modest this bathing suit is yet so beautiful!!! I love it!
+Victoria+

Laurie said...

Oh Alex!!! This shoot is amazing! That suit is a match made in heaven for you, and you wear it divinely! Love the images, and the sunglasses look so perfect too! You have family (including your church family) who is very proud of you! You are such a blessing, and an inspiration to us moms! Looking forward to Bella using her gifts to also give glory to God! xoxo

Rebecca Tan said...

Oh gosh this is simply magical these photos look like they've come straight out of a glossy magazine!!!! this llook, the costume, the coca cola, the beach its sooooo perfect!! xxxx

Ilana Morgan said...

these photos are beautiful and retro you should get into modelling
xo Ilana @ My Modern Vintage

akiko hiramatsu said...

Wow!! You are so so beautiful!!! A red flower and red lipstick are amazing.

akiko

Anonymous said...

So gorgeous! Love the styling and poses! Do you exercise or do yoga? Probably just born looking gorgeous! :) Also, do you shoot all these at f/1.4? You should do a blog post on lighting posing etc for those of us interested in the photography end too! :)

Love your blog so much! Beautiful+vintage+modest=perfect!

~Noelle

Alexandra Marie said...

Aw, you are too sweet! No, I don't exercise- I really need to because it's so not healthy haha, but I am actually really out of shape. If I try to run I am all out of breath it's the most ridiculous thing lol! Yes, I do shoot most all of my pictures at f/1.4, though I ought to remember to change it when I do full outfit shots because it can tend to put things out of focus too much. I would love to do a post like that, I will have to make note!

Ali Hval said...

LOOK AT HOW CHARMING YOU ARE WHAT WHAT let me just get myself together after going through this amaing set of photos phew okay ready to comment

That swimsuit is precious on you. You were made to be a pinup model, and I think your red lipstick is just dashing. Also props for getting such rad pictures in the middle of the day--I fear I'll never be able to take good pics when it's sunny!

Alexandra Marie said...

Goodness, could you be much sweeter!? *insert blushing face ;) Though, I don't think I can take too much credit for getting the light in mid day because believe it or not, it was actually in the afternoon! The beach has a way of being so bright, even when the sun is about to go down- actually that's what makes it tricky haha!

Missy said...

Oh my gosh I can't even believe tis is not just right out of the 1950's - ADORABLE!! That suit is awesome and you rocked it. If only it wasn't currently snowing where I'm at... lol

Missy
www.myconcretecatwalk.com

Natalie Jane said...

You are so classically beautiful! Love these photos xxx

Natalie
http://therosecrown.blogspot.co.nz

Becca said...

So gorgeous! I love that suit and am dying over your glasses. You look stunning!

XOXO
Becca | Ladyface Blog

Kristina @ Eccentric Owl said...

Sometimes I forget you're still in highschool, you are so elegant and mature! GORGEOUS photos. I love that swimsuit so much, and it looks perfect on you!
I especially love the face-on black and white without sunglasses. I'd frame that! Beautiful.
xo
Kristina
www.eccentricowl.com

Latest Instagrams

© Into the Woods. Design by Fearne.