Behold She Wears Jeans

March 12, 2014

IMG_2594

IMG_2430

IMG_2395

OK, let's be honest- I have a thing about dresses- I love them... way, too much. And when you start hearing things like, " Do you ever wear jeans?" or "I can't even imagine you in a pair of pants!" Generally, that would be a good time to stop and think, "Hmm, maybe I ought to show the world that I don't have a jean phobia or something." Haha! At any rate, voila, here it is- my first post on the blog since 2012 wearing a pair of blue jeans. 

My sister and I had a shopping date at the mall- since we were there about an hour before opening time 
(timed it wrong sadly), I thought it might be a good opportunity to snap some pictures. Particularly because there was virtually no one there. I don't mind taking pictures in front of people, but I must admit, sometimes It's nice to not have a bunch of people staring at you awkwardly.

IMG_2369

IMG_2476

IMG_2474

I am discovering that no matter how cold it is outside, I will still always opt for a frappuccino over anything else. Probably the real reason is that I am an ice cream lover, not a coffee drinker :-p

IMG_2501

IMG_2494

IMG_2536

IMG_2481

IMG_2566

IMG_2649
Blouse & bangles: Forever 21
Jeans: Walmart
Hat: Wet Seal
Shoes: Route 66
Purse: old

Harlow Darling said...

Haha I get that a lot too, since like you I also just adore dresses! Its strange seeing you in jeans - but not in a bad way, you look beautiful in everything and this outfit just shows how versatile your style is :)

dreamingofavonlea said...

I only recently started following you, but every time I read your posts I feel inspired to comment! I'm totally in your camp on the preferring dresses thing although I would have to go a step further and admit that I don't even own a pair of trousers (gah!) people ask me about it all the time, but I just love dresses and skirts too much! x

Rebecca Young said...

I only started to wear trousers fairly recently after being a skirts/dresses person all my adult life. I have documented my thoughts and experiences in a new blog Http://rebeccatriestrousers.blogspot.com
I now wish that I started to wear trousers years ago as they are so comfy! I have not yet ventured into jeans as I am not sure about the image and have not got the confidence to try them.

Charlotte MacDonald-Gaunt said...

Love the shirt, the pattern is so cute and adorable :o) Xx

Makeup by Candlelight

Mirela said...

Very cute outfit!

You have been fetured on Hotsteez Community :)

www.hotsteez.com/community

Carey Mooradian said...

That shirt is adorable! Love the pics too!

Demi said...

Ahh, so you take your photos yourself? That has to feel a little awkward, I feel weird doing it in front of my own house--I have yet to upgrade to public places! One day I'll be brave like you :)

I am also in the dresses-loving camp, although to make up for it when wearing pants, I always opt for something high-waisted and then tuck the blouse in, just so I still feel like I have some shape. That blouse is definitely a very cute pairing with jeans!

Demi
http://carbonchic.com.au

Lulu Monema said...

Really cute this blouse, nice look.

http://freedmode.blogspot.fr/
Thanks for your comment.
come check my new post
See you soon

Rose Grey said...

Oh the print on your blouse is so perfect! I've just ordered a caroussel-printed skirt, looks like we have some tastes in common!
Beyond the very cute outfit, I just love the poses and atmosphere of this post. Oh and I love cooffe and ice-cream too, but here in the south of France no coffee ice-cream is available in our local Starbucks, hope I'll can taste it one day anyway :)

Emily Baker said...

i feel like i'm the opposite!! i'm always wearing jeans! you look great :)

The Shashaguay Sisters said...

I love the blouse Alex! Your hair is looking so cute these days!

Cassie

Boyer Family Singers said...

You are and look adorable in whatever you wear :) I have been finding that I enjoy wearing pants when they're the right type. I'm a big fan of the 1940's style wide legs, and the 50's-60's crops, but my modesty standards force me to have to make my own, which I'm not entirely keen on doing ;) Skirts and dresses are just SO easy to wear and look feminine in, so I'm definitely understand your preference of dresses and pretty frocks :)

Also, could you maybe do a beauty tutorial? Your makeup is always so impeccable!

I've enjoyed following (drooling over) your instagrams from Hawaii!

-Charlotte
boyerfamilysingers.blogspot.com

Kellie said...

Simply adorable, Alex! I'm laughing because I'm actually wearing a new pair of jeans :this morning: for the first time in... five years? I think we both got the same memo at the same time... :) You wear this outfit to perfection. I'm inspired to start styling!

Hannah said...

Beautiful photographs! That hat is so cute on you!
dimplesdiaries
x

Sara Strauss {Sincerely, Sara} said...

Your pictures are always so wonderful! That top is darling!
~Sara

Laura Whitman said...

You look great in jeans! And that shirt is the perfect combo - so pretty!

xoxo,
Laura
lauraisthriftingthroughlife.blogspot.com

Lauren said...

You look adorable, and I love the print on your blouse! I grew up in a "skirts only" family, so I've enjoyed experimenting with jeans in recent years...I still find myself drawn to pretty flowy skirts and dresses though, but enjoy mixing up my outfits a little bit.
-Lauren

Jo - Lost in the Haze said...

The print on your top is BEAUTIFUL! and I love the neck tie too! <3 <3 <3

xo
Lost in the Haze

Hannah Barta said...

Very pretty! As always, love the setting and photos.

walking in the air.

Kristian said...

I love that even in jeans- something indeed unusual on your blog- your style is still so very, very you. And, naturally then, you look amazing.

Trish Hunter said...

Your smile is so contagious! Lovely post xx

Sara, Swing The Day Away said...

I love this look! It looks so comfy and perfect for a day of shopping because you can try on anything and see how it will look. For instance, you can see how a skirt will look over a blouse or you can see how a top will work with your jeans. Am I the only one who thinks of these things? lol. I definitely wear jeans a lot, especially in the winter but I always dress up as much as I can (or as much as I can tolerate when it gets below freezing).

Jeans and a Teacup said...

I've never seen you in jeans! You look great! Love the blouse with the hat too :-)
~Jessica
Jeans and a Teacup

Samiha said...

Could you get any cuter! I am new to your blogs and I absolutely adore you. You look great in everything. And that blouse rocks!

countrygirlcityfashion said...

I am so in love with your shirt! How adorable! I love your dresses, but it is nice to see you in jeans too.

Linda B said...

What!? You're wearing jeans??
Haha well this is certainly a change - a refreshing one though! You look lovely as always and still manage to add your glamorous vintage vibe to some modern jeans :)

The Dragonfruit Diaries

Rebekah Bradford said...

I know what you mean! The only time I ever wear pants is when I'm teaching after school classes (art classes--don't wanna get my pretty dresses dirty!) You look good in jeans--and that blouse was on my wishlist for awhile but I never bought it.

Allison Katelyn said...

Nice to see the more laid back side of you! (Not that I don't adore your dressy side as well!) You look ready to shop and have a fabulous afternoon. Hope you had fun!

Allison Katelyn @ http://SimpleSilverLinings.blogspot.com

Brooke Jordan said...

I tried that shirt on at Forever 21 =)
xx
Brooke Jordan

Agent M. said...

You look awesome in jeans! I love your shirt, by the way. The hat too.

Polly Bland said...

your top is so adorable!!!

love, polly
pollybland.com

Georgiana said...

Beautiful sheer shirt, I love hot air baloons, I associate childhood, dreams and freedom with them. Jules Verne is to be blamed :3

Kristina @ Eccentric Owl said...

Haha, I used to have friends who hadn't seen me in jeans ever! But then I had a baby and discovered how comfy maternity jeans are, and... yep. Broke that record. ;) Dresses are the best, though.

You look SO cute here! I love that shirt and the big hat! Super pretty.
xo
Kristina
www.eccentricowl.com

Latest Instagrams

© Into the Woods. Design by Fearne.