Adventures in Hawaii

March 16, 2014

IMG_3082
IMG_3226

Aloha! Well, I'm back! Maui was both beautiful and exotic- the landscape is drop dead gorgeous and the experience was one of a kind! Those of you who follow me on Instagram were probably crazed by my incessant posting ( I believe I posted about sixteen shots one day), but when there are so many photo-worthy places, how could I resist? 

The water of course is incredible- crystal clear and warm. The weather is really the craziest thing- one moment it's sunny, the next it's sprinkling rain. Jenna and I were there right during the whale migration, so we were lucky enough to see a ton of whales, both whale watching, and from the resort we were staying at. Best of all, the beach in the picture above was like sea turtle central- haha! One swam literally inches away from Jenna and I- it was so gorgeous and huge- some lady was following him down the beach yelling, " sea turtle behind you, don't touch it!" Gah- cooky lady kept me from petting a sea turtle haha!

IMG_3140
Collage4
IMG_3778
IMG_3776
IMG_3771

We went in search of a black sand beach, but unfortunately found ourselves a bit off course. Thankfully there's no harm in finding cool new locations on Maui. Get a load of these lava cliffs! Poor Jenna was a good enough sport to follow me up to the top ( I have this thing about hikes and climbing stuff- I just can't help myself sometimes ;). But you can't beat this view, or the chance to take a shot of your feet at the edge of a volcanic rock cliff!

IMG_3775
IMG_3755
Collage1
IMG_4251
IMG_4225
IMG_4198
IMG_4183
IMG_4182
IMG_4053
IMG_3240
IMG_3530
IMG_4235
Collage2

See the sea turtle up there? Isn't he awesome? He was just swimming around in the water below, asking for his picture to be taken ;)

IMG_3990
IMG_4284
IMG_3908
IMG_3986
IMG_3915

Anyhoo- that's the round up of the 800+ pictures I shot in Hawaii. It was sad leaving, but I am happy to be home safely in So Cal. I brought back a lobster red sunburn, some bug bites and the memories of a lifetime. It was an unforgettable week and it has me excited to do more exploring in this beautiful world God has made! 

A huge thank you to the Condon family for making this incredible trip possible! It has been unforgettable and an unbelievable blessing. I am so very grateful for your kindness and your friendship!

Harlow Darling said...

AMAZING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! These beautiful photos show Hawaii as everything I have ever imagined it to look like based on what I've seen on tv - but about 10x better! Glad you had an amazing trip, and I think it's pretty special that you got to swim with a turtle (too bad about that crazy lady lol)!

Charlotte MacDonald-Gaunt said...

Gorgeous photos, I'm so envious that you've been Hawaii, what a dream destination :o) Xx

Makeup by Candlelight

Delvalina said...

It looks so much fun Alex :)
I love the pictures that you took here. You looks so classy as always.
Blessing you

dreamingofavonlea said...

What stunning photos. I went to Hawaii last year and Maui was definitely full of stunning locations. We went exploring up haleakala volcano too, that was great fun. I did a blog post too, but I don't think my photos compare to yours! http://dreamingofavonlea.wordpress.com/2013/05/14/i-should-have-signed-up-for-me-made-may/

Rebecca Tan said...

I WANT TO GO TO HAWAII even more now! my goodness gracious these shot are fab looks like you had an amazing time! can't decide which shots of my fav- the clashing waves, the whale, the turtle, the boats...oh some magic shots you got! you've made all warm and happy this sunday morning xxx

Carey Mooradian said...

Those photos are amazing. Makes me wish summer would just hurry up and get here!

Autumn Raelin said...

That looks so fun!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I really want to go to Hawaii now :) Guess it'll happen when God sees right :O
Looks like you had Tons of fun!!!!

Ashley Reams said...

Stunning photos. Looks like you had an amazing time!! :)

Kristian said...

The colors of Hawaii are gorgeous- around the lava cliffs I swear the water is almost as many colors as hotsprings and geysers in Yellowstone!

Lauren said...

Your pictures are so beautiful! Wow! I would love to visit Hawaii some day. : )
-Lauren

Rachelle Marie said...

Hawaii is so beautiful, and it looks like you really had a wonderful time. The pictures are gorgeous, especially the sunset photo! Oh, I hope I can visit Maui someday!
xo Rachelle // Beloved Bluebird

Allison Katelyn said...

Looks beautiful! You captured the blue of the ocean so well - it really does look like paradise! :)

Allison Katelyn @ http://SimpleSilverLinings.blogspot.com

Boyer Family Singers said...

It looks like you girls had ever so much fun! The colors are absolutely stunning! My parents visited Hawaii a few years ago when we lived on the west coast, and I always remembered envying them so! ;)

-Charlotte
boyerfamilysingers.blogspot.com

diane said...

Awww, I am so happy for you! Thanks for sharing the beauty! I have dreamed of going to "paradise" for years and the way you shared it made me happy but not jealous. Must be because you are so sweet and deserving of a beautiful week!

~K said...

So many gorgeous snaps here, the turtle, the whale and that sunset. Too beautiful!

~ K

Rachel said...

Wow!! What an amazing trip! Sounds like a blast, and it looks beautiful!

Char said...

FAVORITE POST EVER!!!

www.lifesbettertogether.com

Two Happy Hearts said...

Shut. Up. This place isn't even real! How gorgeous. The water is so blue and that rainbow at the end?! Just magical.

Immortality Passion said...

What a beautiful photos and places. Looking at your photos is like I m there.

Christy said...

Haha! Your big trip is to Hawaii, and mine is to California! I'll be going this Wednesday to visit my sister in college. Wouldn't it be funny if I saw you walking down the street somewhere? I would love to meet you Alex!:-)

Alexandra Marie said...

Oh my, how exciting! You are going to just love it here. Are you coming to So Cal?

Christy said...

I can hardly wait! What is So Cal?

Alexandra Marie said...

Southern California :)

Christy said...

Oh, I knew that! I guess it just didn't click in my head:) yes, I am gonna be a little North of Los Angeles. Do you know where Santa Clarita is?

Alexandra Marie said...

I do! About two hours away from me :)

Christy said...

That is really fantastic! I just wish we could meet:)

Laura Whitman said...

It looks like you had such a great time!

xoxo,
laura
http://lauraisthriftingthroughlife.blogspot.com/

Jeans and a Teacup said...

Great pictures! I wish we had been on the same island, maybe I could have met you guys in person! Maui looks amazing and hopefully next time I go I'll make it to that island.
~Jessica
Jeans and a Teacup

Kristina @ Eccentric Owl said...

Ah, I really want to go back to Hawaii! My husband and I went for our honeymoon, and it was SO nice. These pictures make me really, really, really need to go back! Gorgeous. I'm so glad you got to go!
xo
Kristina
www.eccentricowl.com

Local resume writing services said...

It’s my pleasure to add few comments here. You look very beautiful. I like the costumes very well. I love the entire photographs especially the background. Thanks for sharing with us. Beautiful place. The beauty of ocean reflects in the photographs. Ohh it’s really an amazing click.
At this moment I would like to share this famous quote with you
“My soul is full of longing
for the secret of the sea,
and the heart of the great ocean
sends a thrilling pulse through me.”

Latest Instagrams

© Into the Woods. Design by Fearne.