Where Flowers Bloom

February 19, 2014

IMG_1596

IMG_1597

Wow, what a week! Suddenly there seems to be so much to get done, and so many people to see. My schedule does that sometimes- it goes through lagging periods, and then kick-starts back up for a month or so.

This week I am wearing a lovely, 1950s Jerry Gilden Spectator dress, sent to me courtesy of D & J Vintage. Some of you may have heard my ravings about D & J on social media a while back. When I discover an amazing vintage hub, I can't help but let everyone know! This is the first 50s wiggle dress I have owned- I am naturally, as you all know, drawn to the flouncy, fuller skirts. But lately I've been wanting to shake things up a bit, so what better than to finally try a fitted dress?

IMG_1627

IMG_1646

IMG_1641

IMG_1728

IMG_1682

IMG_1526

IMG_1706

IMG_1753

I have been busily building up my collection of vintage gloves and bags. Maybe sometime, I will have to do a post about it.

IMG_1536

IMG_1543

IMG_1542

IMG_1773


IMG_1549

This pretty hat is handmade from Kasia Girtler-millinery. It's one of a collection of several gorgeous vintage hat reproductions. The best part is that Kasia's hats can be purchased in different colors, so you don't have to worry when it comes to matching to your favorite ensemble! 

IMG_1767

IMG_1625


        
Dress: c/o D&J Vintage
Pearls: gift
Shoes: Walmart
Belt: Mrs. Pomeranz
Brooches: family heirlooms

In Loving Memory of Grammy Carol <3
Reut Metallisydän said...

The location is so beautiful, I want to be there so bad O_O

Nora said...

Soooo lovely - you must wear wiggle dresses more!

Carey Mooradian said...

You look gorgeous! Have you seen PBS's movie, "Murder on the Homefront"? You look like you stepped right out of the screen!

Amber Jade said...

I've just discovered your blog and I'm so impressed by the pictures! You look great obviously and the photos themselves are just beautiful.

Amber Jade
Fairytales and Following Trails
http://fairytalesandfollowingtrails.blogspot.com.au/

Kristian said...

You look gorgeous- so elegant and chic.

skinny buddha said...

Love your style. the dress and headpiece are amazing <3

Ashley Reams said...

You look like you've just stepped out of the 1950s! I love it! Also, I nominated you for a Liebster Blog Award: http://notyouravgashley.blogspot.com/2014/02/and-liebster-blog-award-goes-to.html. I know Jana already nominated you, so no need to answer my questions if you don't want to. Just know I love your blog!

Van Nguyen said...

Your hat and other accessories add interest to your lovely dress. Hats off to the photographer, he or she did a fantastic job. I especially love the 4th and 5th picture where your face parallels the ground.

Sammi said...

So gorgeous! I usually think of you having colorful outfits, but I actually really love the grays and blacks here. Beautiful as always.

xox Sammi
www.thesoubrettebrunette.blogspot.com

countrygirlcityfashion said...

How absolutely stunning! This look is so complete and so very retro - you look like you stepped out of the 1950s. By the way, I'm definitely following your blog now.

I dare you to be fashion said...

hello darling, u have such a great blog in here!!!! would u like to follow each other on gfc and facebook??? I always follow back
http://idareyoutobefashion.blogspot.ro/

Lady Éowyn said...

You look as if you could be in some classic film!

Modern June Cleaver said...

These photos are absolutely beautiful, it's like flipping through a magazine. That dress is phenomenal and you couldn't have accessorized it better.

Amanda
http://junebugsandgeorgiapeaches.blogspot.com/

Hannah Barta said...

This is so beautiful! Everything--the photography, you, the outfit. . . . It looks so vintage and ethereal.

ellieenen.wordpress.com

Linda B said...

Dreamy and breathtaking as always <3

The Dragonfruit Diaries

Bernadeth G. said...

love everything! great photos :D

Visit my blog? xx Miss Beatrix (http://missbeatrix.blogspot.com)

Margarita M. said...

Just amazing!
Love everything, you are stunning!!

http://adollwithoutstyle.blogspot.com/

Fragile Bird said...

Wow, love this look, so classic, absolutely stunning

Please come check out my latest post if you have time :)

Fragile Bird | www.fragile-bird.blogspot.co.uk

Helen

x

Tiffany Ima said...

Your photos seriously look like they could be in Shabby Apple's catalogue! How lovely is this look on you!

Tiffany Ima
Style Honestly

Diana said...

I thought I'd run out of ways to say it....you know, that you are one of God's most beautiful creatures here on Planet Earth? And your Blog and Photo Shoots are Heaven Sent? Well by golly, I think I thought of the words after all!
So hubby just asked why I was staring so intently at my laptop---had to explain that Fashion Goo-Goo Eyes is something that happens (automatically) when one girl swoons over another girl's sense of style. I also had to tell him that some people are born to Wear Vintage---they can put anything on, even the proverbial Potato Sack--and if it's a Mid-Century Potato Sack, they will look sweet and hot at the same time. Like his favorite Chinese Food : )

Once dressed in your finery, it's Into the Woods you go---charming even the little Forest Creatures that abound I'm sure! You probably wore Retro onesies, and I right?

Hats (or Fascinators) off to you for branching out with a new Silhouette! I love a good pencil-wiggle~~and it seems you are liking it too! It's all about the Accessories, isn't it? Details, details, you are so adept at the details...makes all the difference. Who took the photos this week? Love the black and white, and different perspectives! It's fun to see similar shots in color and B/W!!!

Your Blog always cheers me up! And for some reason it makes me want to clean my house, and/or re-decorate!. What is that all about I wonder!!

By-the-Bye, we are up to 164 Pieces in the Shop!!! With another 30 to debut this week...well on our way to that 500 mark!!! Stop by and pick your next goodie : )

Thanks for making my day so much brighter!

D
xoxo

Diana said...

Oops I always forget to include the name of my Shop!

Diana
xoxo


Moxie2RunwayVintage

https://www.etsy.com/shop/Moxie2RunwayVintage

Alexandra Marie said...

You are so crazy sweet Diana! Your comment completely made my day! And made me laugh too! So sorry I haven't gotten back to you yet on our next collab- been out of the house today, but I will write you a PM on Etsy tonight!

Jenna Condon said...

soo cute!!

http://abeautifulheart07.blogspot.com/

Rebecca Tan said...

For some reason I thought I added you to my reader list but you disappeared! How could I miss such a beautiful blog post!! I adore this look on you. You have styled this perfectly with the shoes and hat!!


vintage perfection xxxx

jeannie said...

This is such a classic look. Keep it up.

dreamofjeannie

Jackie Marilyn said...

Stunning! LOVE the hat! - Brianna

Latest Instagrams

© Into the Woods. Design by Fearne.