On the Eve of March

February 26, 2014

IMG_1976

IMG_1911

Ah, finally a set of pictures that really capture our weather lately! This past weekend, the weather has been just glorious- even though the drought isn't having a good overall effect on California, it's not hard to make lemonade out of lemons with days like this! 

Today I am wearing a sheer 1940s number from Edith Says. It's amazing really, how well a 70 year old garment has been preserved for all of these years! Not one tear, not one stain! Claire really has a wonderful way of finding incredible, rare pieces for her shop.

IMG_1931

IMG_1941

IMG_2061

IMG_2084

IMG_2086

I wear these gloves so often- it really has made me realize how useful a good pair of white vintage gloves can be! Sometimes they just add that perfect finishing touch to an outfit.

IMG_2252

IMG_2259

IMG_2276

IMG_2295

IMG_2290

Greenwood Store sent me this gorgeous handmade floppy hat, and I couldn't love it much more! The crocheting adds just the write touch of sweetness. Greenwood Store's hats are custom made, so they will work with you to get the measurements exact ( perfect for me because my hats are always too big and flying away in the wind)! I threw on a little cotton scarf to give it a bit of a 1930's look- I think it would also look smashing with a little flower pin (hopefully I will be styling it again like that soon).

IMG_2303

IMG_2205

IMG_2126

IMG_2179

IMG_2099
Dress: Edith Says
Hat: c/o Greenwood Store
Shoes: Shoe Buy
Belt: Forever 21
Perlchen Noir said...

What a cute dress. I love it!

xoxo Perlchen Noir

Charlotte MacDonald-Gaunt said...

Stunning dress and as usual the photography is amazing. I always look forward to seeing your posts :o) Xx

Makeup by Candlelight

Kristian said...

Just darling. Especially loving the scarf around the hat. Adds the perfect touch!

diane said...

Oh how I love the bodice and sleeves on this ultra feminine dress! The sweet little buttons add the perfect touch and you look so lovely in it! Not to take anything away from this entire ensemble, but I think it's safe to say you could look lovely in a potato sack! Please keep these posts coming for us--they are always my mid-week pick-me-up!

Bethany Carson said...

Lovely outfit! The green grass and bushes look so beautiful as well (here we've had nothing but white for the past months, so good to see a glimpse of spring!)

Boyer Family Singers said...

So, so beautiful, Alex! You are simply stunning in these photographs, and that dress is a real, sure-fire treasure. I am so excited every time you do a new post, because I always know that a haven of beautiful photos and inspiration awaits me at this blog :)

Have a lovely day!

-Charlotte
boyerfamilysingers.blogspot.com

countrygirlcityfashion said...

This dress is incredible. How amazing that it is actually from the 40s, and that you are wearing it here, in this day. You look stunning, and it looks breathtaking on you.

Lauricia Dawn said...

Ohhh, you're so beautiful!! I looove this!! <3

Boyer Family Singers said...

What a lovely dress. It certainly is going to be a bit of inspiration for me for future garment makes.

Brigid
the Middle Sister and Singer

Natasha Marie said...

Ooh, I LOVE this dress!!

Sara, Swing The Day Away said...

It's funny because when I saw the scarf on the hat I though to myself "I wonder if it came like that, or if she tied it on"...and then you answered my question in the post! haha. This is a beautiful look! I wish we had 70 degree weather here in the northeast! Right now it's 27 degrees. :( Luckily, I'll be in Florida next week! Yay 70 and 80 degree weather!

Jenna Condon said...

love the location Alex!! <3

http://abeautifulheart07.blogspot.com/2014/02/giveaway-5-months-of-free-ad-space.html

Hannah Barta said...

Absolutely beautiful! Is it hard to find such great places for photoshoots or are they all right around your house? The photography is stunning!

walking in the air.

Jessica Cangiano said...

There is such a sweet, gentle sense of elegant romance and youthful beauty to to this ensemble which is brought to life all the more by the gentle sunlight that you're bathed in.

♥ Jessica

Abbey Noelle said...

that dress. so adorable.

missabbeynoelle.blogspot.com

Lorraine Schuchart said...

As always, beautiful inspriation!

jana said...

Beautiful post! Each of your posts are so elegant and classic! And this outfit is definitely perfect for that weather!! I can't wait for spring. :)

xo Jana

Jeans and a Teacup said...

Gorgeous dress! Love the whole outfit actually!
~Jessica
Jeans and a Teacup

Lyric said...

Nice! Simply cute. Photography - smashing; a joy to behold.

Harlow Darling said...

It is simply magical that this beautiful dress survived in pristine condition for 70 years - I think it was waiting that whole time for a beautiful girl like you to come along and put it on :3

Tiffany Ima said...

Such a beautiful dress! Great photos (as usual haha)

Tiffany Ima
Style Honestly

Fragile Bird said...

Absolutely stunning, everything about this outfit is just beautiful

Please come check out my latest post if you have time :)

Fragile Bird | www.fragile-bird.blogspot.co.uk

Helen

x

Christy said...

I am envying your gorgeous weather, Alex! Here, there is around 4-5 feet of snow! Can't wait till I go to Cali. in 2 weeks an soak up some of that beautiful sun! Your outfit is darling! I simply love that hat! Have a good March!
Christy

jeannie said...

You are lucky to have that dress. I especially love the front details. You look very elegant!

dreamofjeannie

Polly Bland said...

fabulous and elegant!!

love, polly
pollybland.com

Latest Instagrams

© Into the Woods. Design by Fearne.