Wednesday, February 12, 2014

Fly Me to the Moon

editballoon

IMG_0002

I am so excited to share these pictures with you Gals today! As most of my more prop heavy shoots, I have been planning this for about two months! This is definitely a bolder outfit choice for me- you can imagine the looks I got at Party City when we went in to fill the the balloons- haha! Sometimes a ton of bright color can push me a bit out of my comfort zone, but really, is there a more fitting occasion for some quirky color than Valentine's Day? 

This is seriously the neatest raincoat from Moxie 2 Runway Vintage. Not only is it a gorgeous shade of red, but the greatest part? It's completely reversible! I would also like to take this moment to say, I have had the most amazing customer service experience with this Etsy shop- truly so professional- it's stellar! So you Vintage gurus definitely need to stop by and have a look around- it will be well worth your time! Moxie 2 Runway is also the same place where I scored this pretty little camel colored coat in December.

IMG_0132

IMG_0120

IMG_0832

Feb

IMG_0790

IMG_0734

IMG_0760mod

I have had requests in the past to do some remix posts- well here we are! Perhaps some of your remember, I featured this pretty little frock from Sophster Toaster this past Summer  ( you can see here). Mint really is such a versatile color- it's been a new favorite of mine lately!

IMG_0856

How adorable is this little fascinator? It is a custom made design from Les Mirettes. Marielle worked with me to pick out the colors and fabrics- I am so impressed with how it turned out! You can purchase a similar one here, or work with Marielle to design your own custom creation!

IMG_0867
IMG_0877


IMG_0893

IMG_0896

IMG_0992

IMG_0998

IMG_1014
Fascinator: c/o Les Mirettes
Tights: Target
Belt: Forever 21
Shoes: Keep Drawer
Sunglasses: c/o Buy All Buy
Random Notes of Love Valentines: c/o Bread & Jam
Balloons: Mrs. Freund

32 comments:

Charlotte MacDonald-Gaunt said...

As usual, gorgeous photos and fun, playful outfit :o) Xx

Makeup by Candlelight

Nina Mandić said...

Cute, and great photos :)
http://fashionovertheainbow.blogspot.com/2014/02/choies-wish-list.html

Daria@Kittenhood said...

the dress is perfection! I can't believe how good the color looks with red.

ModernVintageStyle said...

It is amazing how well the light mint and red go together. You look stunning. Kx

Melissa said...

I never would have thought to wear red with mint. I think it might be my new favourite.

Lindsey Dish said...

Absolutely gorrrrrgeous photo shoot! Love the balloons. And those red tights! They are divine with this little mint dress. Well done!
xoxo, Lindsey Dish
thebeltedpear.blogspot.com

Kristian said...

SUCH an unexpected color combo, but it works, especially in light of the date getting close to Valentines.

Kelly @ Leafy Not Beefy said...

Wow, so stunning! You sure pull off those colors so amazingly! So glad to have found your blog today - major inspiration!

Sara Strauss {Sincerely, Sara} said...

Your pictures are always so much fun! I love looking at them!! It's like these came from a magazine!! You look stunning!!
~Sara
Sincerely, Sara

likeridingabikeolivia said...

Alex! You look absolutely stunning in these photos. I especially love your color combo. It makes me think of a Dr. Seuss book.

Sammi said...

Ahh so beautiful! I love the combination of mint and bright red, and it works so well here! I love balloon posts, too :) Such a great twist on a traditional Valentine's outfit!! And I'm loving your hair these days!

xox Sammi
www.thesoubrettebrunette.blogspot.com

diane said...

Ok, someone has to invent a new word for "cute" because CUTE doesn't even cover this outfit! Please keep bringing us our weekly breaths of fresh air! We love it!

Sara, Swing The Day Away said...

Oh, how I love using balloons as props. I also love mint and red color combos! This is such a cute and fun shoot! Sometimes I wonder what the party stores think when I come in all gussied up and ask for a balloon bouquet...haha. By the way, that raincoat is adorable! It makes me yearn even more for spring. I'm jealous of your California temperatures!

Boyer Family Singers said...

Your side of the world looks so sunny and warm! I envy you so so SO! That rain coat is the epitome of fun, and that fascinator is oh so cute! How exquisite that it's custom made!

-Charlotte
boyerfamilysingers.blogspot.com

Beverly Houpt said...

I absolutely love balloons as props. Your outfit is so fun! Happy Valentine's week!

~~D said...

Alex! How fabulous for the Day of Love coming up! Pairing the Mint and Red is sheer Genius! You have such a fun sense of fashion, and you are so stunning!! Thanks for brightening my day yet again.

Becca said...

Cute cute cute! I love everything about this! The combination of mint green and red is too dreamy for words. Those tights!!!!

XOXO
Becca | Ladyface Blog

Modern June Cleaver said...

I am absolutely in love with these photos! The planning was worth every bit of effort! The photos look magazine-worthy.

Amanda
http://junebugsandgeorgiapeaches.blogspot.com/

Katie Aman said...

I love mixing bright colors like this! I need to wear some of my bright tights before winter ends. Red and mint are the PERFECT colors together in my opinion. I love that you schedule your shoots so far in advance. I barely plan a day ahead, haha. It shows though because you always look stunningly perfect.

Tiffany Ima said...

Wow! These pictures are gorgeous. I adore that outfit and I am jealous of the weather! Haha still surrounded by snow here...

I love the balloons...I always assume when people stare, it is out of admiration hahaha!

Tiffany Ima
Style Honestly

Jeans and a Teacup said...

Love the color combo! You have such a fun and refreshing style!
~Jessica
Jeans and a Teacup

Lady Éowyn said...

Happy Valentine's day! I have been been following your blog for quite some time, but have never said hi before! You are very inspiring, so keep up the good work. :) Also, your outfit is lovely and perfect in every detail!

Anniina said...

I've always loved the combination of mint green and red, and here it's perfect!!! :--) Looks great.

Ivy Lee said...

Where did you get the ring?

Laura Whitman said...

Oh my word, you look so lovely! That dress is just a dream!

xoxo,
Laura
http://lauraisthriftingthroughlife.blogspot.com/

Alexandra Marie said...

I got it from Persunmall- you can find a link to it at the bottom of the post :)

Alexandra Marie said...

Oh actually, I didn't! So sorry about that! Yes, if you go to Persunmall.com you can find it under the rings section :)

Sarah said...

Just recently discovered your blog and love it! I too adore vintage things and this outfit is so lovely!
~Sarah~
allthingsvintage-sc.blogspot.com

Miche said...

This is absolutely adorable, I LOVE the bold color combination on you! It's definitely fun to get outta your comfort zone a little every now and then :)
Miche from Buttons and Birdcages

Jenny Lee, The Dictioncanary said...

Absolutely gorgeous! A stunning example of how well mint & red go together. And I love love love your jacket!

Little Haze said...

Pretty! red and mint blue unexpected combination but it turns out really nice (; <3

hazethroughout.blogspot.com

Jayme said...

You are so very lovely....and what style.....

your smile is over the top....and that mint green dress and matching heels

but, most of all, those red tights! What a great idea...who would have thought to pair that dress with those tights. Bravo

Jayme, your ballet and fashion loving guy fan

I've been in ballet since I was 5..and red tights are my fav!