Those Days With Clouds

January 15, 2014

parkwinter 001 

Gah- can I just say, how much a hate shooting pictures on overcast days? Haha- it's petty, but I just don't like dealing with setting exposure when it's cloudy- the camera gets so finicky! I was a little backed into a corner this go around though- Sunday was the only time I had available to shoot these pictures, and unfortunately, it was, cloudy. So these weren't the sunny shots I had in mind, but I hope you all will enjoy them anyway!

Isn't this dress fun? I found it at Bobbles & Bling Vintage, (by the way, there is some seriously adorable stuff in this Etsy shop right now- one page down and I found a beautiful, vintage hat, and a really cute yellow telephone to name a few, both of which are still available). This 1950s dress is a sort of dotted swiss organza- it really is one of those gems that you find once in a blue moon. The back is what really gets me- I love the v-cut and little bows- such a sweet detail!

parkwinter 023 parkwinter 020 parkwinter 022 
IMG_0292 

Something exciting happened this week! Any of you who follow me on social media probably has already heard about this, but Into the Woods was featured on BangStyle! They said some really sweet things, and I am so honored to have been included in their blogger "roundup"

parkwinter 027 parkwinter 030  

I am so in love with this handmade hat from Greetz From Tiz! It's based on a 1940s pattern and can be purchased in pink or white. For you girls who love  a pretty vintage topper, this one is super well made and sells for only $19!

parkwinter 032 IMG_0494 parkwinter 007 parkwinter 017 

By the way, do you ladies remember that orange floral dress I wore back in December? Well there's an exact replica newly listed in the Mable Rose shop! If you were wanting to snag it, now's your chance! It's listed at $36 so it's a real steal!

parkwinter 034 Collage
Hat: c/o Greetz From Tiz
Purse: DJ Vintage
Shoes: Shoe Buy
Pearls: gift
Earrings: c/o Keep Drawer
Gloves: Crancove Vintage
Harlow Darling said...

Your camera skills are so amazing that I would not have had a clue that you took these photos on a cloudy day! I honestly have no idea at all how to take photos on overcast days because I don't know my way around photoshop, or my camera's settings...when I try taking photos on cloudy days they just look bleak, grey and color drained. These photos however looks as beautiful and colorful as if you had taken them on a sunny day :)

Kristian said...

Wow- gorgeous outfit. That hat especially!

Reut Metallisydän said...

It's still looking pretty sunny to me :) so the pics turned out very good!
The color of the dress is just perfect.

Delvalina said...

They are the most pretties pictures without sunshine :)
you are great model.
I wish you were here to teach me how to dress the vintage style. I can't wait for the tutorila about retro makeup anyway.
Hopefully you have wonderful day.
Blessing,
Delvalina

Sara, Swing The Day Away said...

I actually love taking pictures when it's cloudy and overcast! It makes the light more even and less shadowy. You look gorgeous as usual, but that last photo is really perfection. What were your camera settings on that?

Bethany Carson said...

Oh, it's so elegantly beautiful. I especially love the picture of you blowing dandelion seeds!

Chloe Ann said...

What lovely photographs! The angles are beautiful! How God has blessed you with your mom and sister being such amazing and willing photographers! Love the purse! Is it very fragile because it is vintage? Love your blog!

Alexandra Marie said...

You are too much- and so humble my dear photographer sister! Haha- and I think you know the answer on the purse my dear :-p

Alexandra Marie said...

Aw, thank you Sara! I wish I could remember! I think I had the shutter speed at about 500, and the white balance was on cloudy- I think the ISO was on the lower side- 200 - sorry I can't be more helpful!

Allison H. said...

I'm really admiring your gloves. :)

Sammi said...

Ohh Alex. These pictures are so beautiful, and this dress is absolutely STUNNING. Oh my gosh. I'm obsessed. I hate taking photos on overcast days too, and they never turn out as well as yours do, obviously. But seriously, this dress is a dream and you look perfect in it.

xox Sammi
www.thesoubrettebrunette.blogspot.com

DY said...

Thanks again for including my gloves. I love the outfit! It looks so great on you and gives so many ideas about dressing vintage. Great!

Lauren said...

This dress is stunning and looks beautiful on you! I love the filmy quality of the fabric.
-Lauren
http://musingsofaflowerchild.blogspot.com

diane said...

I've got to say "amen" to every previous comment! Absolutely gorgeous! I am in love with the hat (I wish I was young enough to pull it off). I think I will try to re-create the darling back on that dress on an upcoming dress. Thanks for the inspiration!

Sara, Swing The Day Away said...

Thanks! I was just wondering because I love how you captured the dandelion blowing away!

Linda B said...

You always make outfit photos into an art project - I love it! I wish I had more time to do the same. It's a joy to visit your blog and see your dainty, feminine style captured in such a lovely way :)
Adore this lime dress and that last photo especially!

The Dragonfruit Diaries

Tiffany Ima said...

I'm in love with this look! So beautiful. I especially love the dandelion photo :) Congrats on the feature.

Tiffany Ima
Style Honestly

Stephanie said...

I, too, am in love with this look! You are incredibly beautiful :) Hugs to you

MateaTPol said...

beutifull!

ann wood said...

I appreciate how you have taken a simple background and made this full set of great pictures. I like the detail I see in your posts every week. The green is glorious on you!

blue hue wonderland

Jeans and a Teacup said...

Gah! I would love to play dress up in your closet for a day! You look stunning!
~Jessica
Jeans and a Teacup

Shermy said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Shermy said...

I am so inspired by your blog!!! lovely love lovey photos! Has anyone told you that you resemble Julia Roberts?

Claire Petersen said...

Oh my goodness, that dress is perfection! :D

Katie Aman said...

Girl, you are killing me with your photos right now. Your beauty and poise is so inspiring. I want to be you! I'm also slightly jealous of the gorgeous grass in your photos as it is a slushy mess where I am living, haha. That dress is a dream-the green looks smashing with your dark hair-and I'm totally going to check out that hat oh my goodness!
Have a lovely day!

Sian Thomas said...

These photos are so beautiful! The dress is so gorgeous on you, especially with the floaty skirt, and I love how you styled it :)
Just came across your blog and I am loving it so much, following you now!
Sian xx Rebel Angel

Ali Hval said...

Oh my gosh, you deserve to be featured--your photos are so glamorous and absolutely, perfectly captured! And the lighting is spot on. I can't stop staring at how crisp and well-colored your photos are, wowowow. The color of that dress is beautiful and that last photo is incredible.

Elana said...

THIS DRESS. It's stunning. Is there ever a time when you don't just look flawless??

www.room-334.blogspot.com

justicepirate.com said...

Great job on getting featured, Ms. Glamorous!!! I truly love this outfit and set of photos probably more than a bunch of other sets, but you have so many great ones that it is hard to say anyway!!!! hehe.
+Victoria+

Rebecca, The Clothes Horse said...

I'm the opposite, I love cloudy days--just look at all the lovely soft tones in these photos, no high contrast--it's my favorite. :) Gorgeous pictures.

Alexandra Marie said...

Aw, thank you! It's funny you should say that- back when I had hair I used to get that a lot... now, not so much- haha!

Alexandra Marie said...

Thank you so much Diane! Oh my word, yes, you totally should!

wardrobeexperience said...

what a wonderful hat ... so lovely and perfectly paired with this amazing dress.

Amanda said...

Love your outfit and your style! I don't think I can ever pull this off- you're gorgeous! xx

beauteebeauty.blogspot.com

Annika Victoria said...

:O So beautiful. That dress, oh my gosh!!

Elsie said...

You are breathtakingly gorgeous and I think that's the prettiest dress I've ever seen. :) You remind me of Truly Scrumptious from Chitty Chitty Bang Bang!

Louisa Fiebig said...

this dress and your whole outfit is just wonderful! I love the details and this softness!!

Latest Instagrams

© Into the Woods. Design by Fearne.