Put Your Records On

January 30, 2014

IMG_0008

g3

Can this be considered fashionably late? Yesterday was the official post day for this outfit, but for some reason I was thrown a little out of whack this week. At any rate, I have an outfit for you today! 

This 1950s sundress is a recent find from an adorable Etsy shop called Our Town Vintage. There are so many gorgeous pieces in this shop! I am especially smitten with the adorable shoes they stock, alongside clothing and other vintage trinkets. This dress is definitely a Summer frock, but it was easy enough to transform it for cooler weather with a jean jacket from Nstyle Vintage. Be sure and keep your eye out because in a little while, there will be a fabulous giveaway coming your way from Nstyle!

IMG_9944

IMG_9962
I discovered the ever incredible, Holdenism a few weeks ago- the, in my personal opinion, ultimate hub for vintage eye wear. I absolutely love 1950s cat eye glasses- they are so classically retro. Plus, these are the prettiest shade of baby blue- I couldn't help but be amazed when I found them.

g

IMG_1308

IMG_1285

My love of these shoes- how can I count the ways! Haha- in all seriousness, they are mint blue, 1960s and in my size ( a rarity, I assure you). They were sent to my courtesy of Keep Drawer- an amazing vintage shop that delivers beautiful products and amazing customer service. Deanna is so helpful- if you have any questions, she is always right on top of things, and works with you to find the item you are looking for!

IMG_1331

One final detail! I was super excited when Onecklace asked me to style one of their adorable sterling silver monogram necklaces. There are so many styles to choose from- they make incredible gifts ( just in time for V-day ;). Plus they are extremely versatile- I love how it matches with whatever I wear!


record

IMG_1388
g5

g7
Jacket: c/o Nstyle Vintage
Headband: Forever 21
Shoes: c/o Keep Drawer
Necklace: c/o Onecklace
Glasses: Holdenism 
ann wood said...

Good post and creative, fun place to photograph! The blue is an amazing accent to this dress. Looks like great weather.

blue hue wonderland

diane said...

Alex I have to say I was afraid I was really going to miss your cute pixie but my oh my, your hair in this post is the cutest ever!! As always, everything about this photo shoot and outfit is perfection! I look forward to your latest find every wed and this one was worth waiting an extra day for!

Mablerose

Kristian said...

Cute, springtime look! How I am envying you your weather. Also, your hair seems to be styled in a different way- it looks cute.

Authentic Alice said...

Hi, really enjoyed reading your blog this afternoon! you have a new follower! Etsy is a new thing for me and I am currently on the hunt for some good shops so I will definitely be looking into this one as they had this stunning dress. Let me know if you have any other Etsy shops that are good?

Thanks,
Alice

Alexandra Marie said...

Hey Alice! Thank you for the kind words! Yes, actually my entire blog sidebar is made up of fantastic vintage Etsy shops that are definitely worth checking out! Also, if you scroll through some older posts you will find that I recommend new shops nearly every week :) Glad to have you following!

Jenna Condon said...

I love the record photos :) so cute.

http://abeautifulheart07.blogspot.com/

Samantha said...

Ahhh, these pictures are absolutely charming! I love the way you styled your hair and that dress is gorgeous!

Natasha Marie said...

Oh my goodness - these pictures are fabulous!! I LOVE that dress and how you accessorized it. You can never go wrong with a good jean jacket. :)
What I like best though, is your hair. It looks so cute like this!

Kellie said...

Absolutely adorable! Visiting your blog is like cheesecake for breakfast... outrageously perfect:)
xo!

CountryGirl said...

Hi Alex! Your blog is absolutely lovely, and I very much enjoy your posts, so I nominated you for the Sunshine Award!!! Yay!

http://paigescorner99.blogspot.com/2014/01/the-sunshine-award.html

Boyer Family Singers said...

Oh Alex! Your hair, that dress, oh might as well say the whole outfit, is a killer! It is so neat to see all of the darling vintage attire you find here and there on Etsy, and if I were you, I wouldn't get tired of sporting a new dress everyday! Kudos to you!

All smiles,

Jessica
The eldest sister & singer

Immortality Passion said...

Oh la la, you are so beautiful. Your dress is amazing! I searched this etsy shop and there I found so nice things, thanks for sharing.

Crissy (Dainty Fawn) said...

Omg that dress is beautiful!! I love these photos.. <3

Christy said...

Alex,
I so love your jean jacket! You are really doing well with these outfits! I see one, and I'm like "oh! This has to be my favorite!" Then I see another that I love! I seriously wish I could have half if your fashion sense! I also love your hair! It is a beautiful way to put it!
Thank you for doing this:)
Christy

Lisa said...

Beautiful photos, and a really cute outfit. I love the pops of turquoise!

Becca said...

You look so stinkin' cute! I adore this outfit!

XOXO
Becca | Ladyface Blog

Sammi said...

So so pretty. I love lilac and mint together, and this locale is so dreamy!

xox Sammi
www.thesoubrettebrunette.blogspot.com

Trish Hunter said...

Oh what a gorgeous post!! Lovvvve the cateyes too!

A.Michelle said...

Your hair is so cute! You could be a model.

skinny buddha said...

So happy I discovered you on Chictopia. I absolutely adore your style! I am your newest follower, so I'll see you around :)
<3

Katie Aman said...

This is just the sweetest! I absolutely love all the shades of pastel going on here and those glasses are the most gorgeous things ever. I definitely need to check out that shop! They remind me of a pair I had in middle school except they were black. I wish my prescription was still the same! I love the way you styled your hair here too. So super cute!

Allison Katelyn said...

So adorable - this makes me want to dress up just to go look through my neighborhood record store...! Thanks for the inspiration. :)

Anonymous said...

I had some shoes exactly like these that I bought in the late 90's from Payless Shoe Source! I had bought peach ones and also lavender ones that were similar at the same time and at the same store. So lovely to see them again and displayed in such a beautiful ensemble on an ever lovely young lady!!!

Anonymous said...

Correction: Mine were a close match but now that I take a second glance the toe box on mine was not so rounded. I like yours better!

Alexandra Marie said...

How funny- when my mom saw them she said she had a similar pair in the 80's!

Alexandra Marie said...

So glad to have you following! I checked out your blog- beautiful photographs! I followed you back!

Polly Bland said...

those shoes look so comfortable and I loooove those glasses! :)

love, polly
pollybland.com

Latest Instagrams

© Into the Woods. Design by Fearne.