Roses in December

December 4, 2013

mauricecareywinter 009

mauricecareywinter 004

mauricecareywinter 002

mauricecareywinter 024

Well, this is probably made record for the fastest photographing,editing and posting time! Photographed these yesterday morning and we've already got a post! Maybe I work well under pressure haha! I suppose Wednesday has become my posting day, and I just can't bear to be late!

This cute little cotton 80s dress is a piece I found at Grammar Shop this past Summer. Usually I am not an 80s gal, but this particular dress has such a 1940s feel to it! The details are what I love-the buttons on the sleeves, the pleating on the bodice, it all adds so much to the dress!

mauricecareywinter 022

mauricecareywinter 021

mauricecareywinter 019

mauricecareywinter 015

I am in love with this coat from Moxie 2 Runway Vintage! It's a 70s piece and it's the first mid length coat I've ever owned. The color is fantastic because it matches with so many different things! I discovered Moxie 2 Runway fairly recently and fell in love! The clothes are so cute, and there are new listings all of the time, so it's a good one to keep an eye on! 

mauricecareywinter 028

mauricecareywinter 048
mauricecareywinter 038

mauricecareywinter 045
Dress: Grammar Shop
Hat: Forever 21
Shoes: Walmart
Gloves: Einav Fadida
Belt: Wet Seal
Pearls: gift
Harlow Darling said...

I think this might just be my FAVORITE post that you have done yet! I am always in awe of your ability to take photos in public places like this - it's something I can never manage to do because I get too stressed about people staring at us taking photos :P I wish I could be more like you, you always have the prettiest places and every blog post looks like something out of a magazine.

Charlotte MacDonald-Gaunt said...

Amazing styling - very Louis Vuitton! Xx

http://makeupbycandlelight.blogspot.co.uk/

14 Shades of Grey said...

Gah, I love it! You look like you just stepped out of a 1940's movie set!

norafinds said...

Such a lovely dress indeed! I love the way you accessorise it - you look sooo beautiful!

Melissa said...

So beautiful Alex! :) Love, love, love it. The hat, the luggage, the coat.... perfect. I 'always' look forward to your posts.

Melissa
thebeesknees-mel.com

Marisa Noelle said...

Your photos continue to blow me away...always flawless! I love this vintage look to bits. I wouldn't have even guessed that dress was an 80s piece! Super pretty location as well!

Boyer Family Singers said...

Jeepers Creepers where'd ya get such adorable clothes!? This outfit is really the bee knees, girl! Simply fabulous :D

-Charlotte
boyerfamilysingers.blogspot.com

Lindsey Louise Bales said...

ah, you have the most lovely dress/hat combo here! so classy, so perfect... i adore this post!

lindsey louise

hellomrrabbitblog.com

Kristian said...

Maybe you do work well under pressure because this is a fantastic photoshoot- lighting, background, poses and composition all! I think you look delightfully thirties (odd for an eighties-take-on-the-forties dress, but I think the hat pushes it to that earlier decade for me). You look like you are about to take a fun trip by train.

Sara, Swing The Day Away said...

80s dresses can get a little weird...but you're right. This dress doesn't look 80s at all! This is such a pretty classic look. :)

Naomi said...

Very lovely~

xoxo
The Occasional Indulgence

Sammi said...

You look gorgeous! I love 80s does 50s dresses, and you look like something off of a period film set in these :)

xox Sammi
www.thesoubrettebrunette.blogspot.com

Boyer Family Singers said...

Love it! That first picture looks so 1920's! (I have no idea why :) That dress is adorable! I never would have thought it was from the 1980's, but you know what, sometimes it doesn't matter what era a dress is from, as long as it looks cute and modest, and is of good quality.

Brigid
The Middle Sister and Singer

Sara Strauss {Sincerely, Sara} said...

Oh my, you look so chic! I can't get enough of this vintage-looking outfit and the pictures!!
~Sara
Sincerely, Sara

Check out my two year blogiversary giveaway!

D said...

Wow your photos never fail to amaze me! Really astounding. And the way you put everything together.....you've got quite a gift my dear!!! THANKS for the post, we appreciate it.

Eccentric Owl said...

That dress is SO cute! I tend to go all over the place with vintage, and will totally wear a crazy 80's dress (I'll be posting one tomorrow), but I love finding garments that mimick earlier styles! The 40's and 50's are definitely my favorite style eras!
You look beautiful! I especially love that last shot of you. Gorgeous!
xo
Kristina
www.eccentricowl.com
(P.S. I am working on getting the interview questions to you! I've just been busier than I expected since the weekend. And pregnant. Which makes me forgetful. ;) Haha!)

Jadie said...

Amazing! You are such an awesome artist, you definitely have a gift from above

Rachel Sullivan said...

So classy!

Rachel

Lauren said...

This outfit is gorgeous! I love the whole look! :)

Reut Metallisydän said...

I couldn't understand what's the print on the dress, but anyway, it looked cute! :D
The coat is amazing! I just love the color... goes well with everything. This color is always my first pick at anything!

ann wood said...

What beautiful pictures! You are doing a great job and this post proves it. Lovely story telling about who you are! Perfect styling and a pleasure to witness.

blue hue wonderland

Sabina Rijal said...

great blog!!! cute photos!!!
Can we follow each other via gfc bloglovin and g+?

http://asweetwoorld.blogspot.com/2013/11/dress-like-fashionista.html

diane said...

You have such an amazing talent for making a simple dress look like something very special! It's fun to see how you put all the elements together to create a masterpiece and as soon as I finish enjoying one post, I start looking forward to your next one!

Blytheponytailparades said...

Oh my goodness obsessed! You look so so classy. I just love this style so much :) I'm also new to your blog and completely in love.

Pearl said...

Wow. I LOVE these photos! So classy - I wish people still dressed like this! Beats leggings and Uggs any day in my opinion :) The photographer is amazing, model gorgeous, and clothes absolutely stunning. And love that coat!! I shared on Pinterest and Facebook :)

Alexandra Marie said...

Thank you Pearl! I wish they did as well- I try and contribute my part to swaying the tides of fashion trends haha. Thanks for the social media promotion!!

Alexandra Marie said...

Thank you! It's just a floral type print- nothing specific :)

Alexandra Marie said...

Aw, thank you Harlow! It can be a little uncomfortable, but in this case, thankfully, no one was really around because we went to the location before it opened!

justicepirate.com said...

My goodness your outfit is amazing! How do you do it? hehe
+Victoria+

Rebekah Bradford said...

Wow, these pictures are absolutely beautiful! This is probably my favorite outfit on your blog!!

countrygirlcityfashion said...

This is so stunning! The coat, the dress - so retro and chic!

Fash Boulevard said...

oh my goodness, I could not be more obsessed. You look stunning, love. If you get a moment, I'd love to hear your thoughts on my latest. :)

www.fashboulevard.com

fantine said...

you are incredibly pretty!

Latest Instagrams

© Into the Woods. Design by Fearne.