My Best Friend Is a Hedgehog

November 6, 2013


Hedgehog 042

Hedgehog 035

It's official, November is here! And it's been off to a great start. I'm already noticing the hustle and bustle of the season, and loving it. There's such a great feeling when this time of year comes around. Everyone seems to be out and about and active. Probably just because of holiday shopping. It's been crazy the past few days! You wouldn't think that the weekend after Halloween would be so nuts in the shopping centers, but hey, lo and behold- haha.

This week I finished a new blog design for the lovely, Grace of My Spare Oom. You can see it here! Grace is a fashion, food and photography blogger and she's a wonderful one to follow! 

OK, onto outfit details ;) This dress... I am in LOVE with this dress. It's from a vintage shop called, Vintage Mouse. This shop, ladies, is a definite gem! I swoon over their dresses every time I browse the inventory. The clothes are all so beautiful and there are so many to choose from! This dress has proven to be an awesome conversation piece for me, mostly because of the (chenille?) stripes on the material. I like to call it my fuzzy dress for that reason- it is so fun! 

Hedgehog 006

Hedgehog 003

Hedgehog 008

hedgehogb

Hedgehog 009

Hedgehog 021
I have been so excited to tell you about this new jewelry shop I discovered! Do you remember the sweet little binocular necklace I featured a few weeks back? Well the lovely lady behind this cutie pie, is the sister of Alexis, the owner of A Pocket of Whimsy! The minute I saw Chrissy's adorable jewelry, I was in love! Not only is she a joy to work with, but her pieces are amazing. This adorable little guy, is Sebastian the hedgehog. Isn't he the neatest? If you want a unique necklace for yourself, or as a gift, Emeline Darling  is a great shop to check out! And the wrapping is ADORABLE. You can see it on my instagram. If you decide to pick up Sebastian, or any other piece from Emeline Darling, you can use this code "INTOTHEWOODS" at the checkout for a 15% off discount!

Hedgehog 020


Hedgehog 012

Hedgehog 011
Hedgehog 019b
Dress: c/o Vintage Mouse
Necklace: c/o Emaline Darling
Belt & Hat: Forever21
Shoes: Payless
Tights: old
14 Shades of Grey said...

Oh my god, this is gorgeous! The lovely dress, that perfect hat, and the adorable hedgehog pendant... I love everything!

Boyer Family Singers said...

That dress is amazing, and fits you like a dream! Oh, too much prettiness :)

-Charlotte
boyerfamilysingers.blogspot.com

Victoria Horea said...

Lovely dress!
And I'm in love with that necklace, definitely checking out the shop. :)

Kristian said...

What a lovely dress; that skirt is just magnificent! and the hedgehog necklace is too cute.

Five Foot Nine Farmgirl said...

Love this dress! It fits you like a dream! :) I think this is most favorite of your outfits so far! How unique that it is made of chenille!
Such. a. cute. necklace.! Thanks for the discount!

-Cassie

Sue @ A Colourful Canvas said...

You look ever so lovely! The cloche hat is very becoming on you...and I am completely in love with Sebastian!

Dreamer Clara^^ said...

Lovely photos^^
Inlo♥e

Dreamer Clara^^
http://dreamersuniverse.blogspot.com/

Boyer Family Singers said...

That dress is absolutely adorable! And sebastian is too, of course. ;)

Blessings,

Brigid
The Middle Sister and Singer

diane said...

Oh my goodness, I would be tempted to wear that darling, comfy dress every day! You look beautiful in it and what an fabulous, unique necklace. You find the greatest items. Thanks for sharing them with us!

Christy said...

Your hat is adorable! I love the title!!!

Carley Lee said...

Alex! Oh my WORD! I almost DIED when I saw this dress on you - SO STUNNING!
This is everything I love in a dress, and you wear it so well! Gorgeous!! Ah, I can't get over it!
Have a beautiful day, beautiful girl!
-Carley
xx

Natasha Marie said...

Aww, I'm in love with Sebastian! He's so cute!!
Lovely photos as always, and I love your hat:)

MateaTPol said...

so cute!

Becca said...

This dress is AMAZING! You look like a lady from another era in these photos and I couldn't love them any more! Love that little hedgehog, too!

-Becca
Ladyface Blog

Tiffany Ima said...

OMG I love this dress! That is so amazing and you look gorgeous in it! These photos seriously look like Anthro Catalog :)

Tiffany Ima
Style Honestly

Sammi said...

Oh Alex, that dress is a dream on you! I need to check out both of these shops immediately. You always have the best recommendations! And you look so wonderful in hats -- I'm envious :)

xox Sammi
www.thesoubrettebrunette.blogspot.com

Jenny Lee, The Dictioncanary said...

Gorgeous dress and stunning photos! And the wee hedgie necklace! So adorable.

Jenny Lee
http://thedictioncanary.blogspot.com

Rachel Sullivan said...

Beautiful photos and I love your nails!

Rachel

Sara, Swing The Day Away said...

That's a BEAUTIFUL dress...and that little hedgehog is so cute! I always enjoy seeing your photos! :)

Linda B said...

You look so classy and gorgeous as always! Love this vintage inspired hat <3

The Dragonfruit Diaries

Samantha said...

Aww, this outfit is so lovely! I absolutely adore that vintage dress of yours and could that neklace be any cuter?!?

Vicki said...

Sebastian is the perfect name for a hedgehog.(: Lovely photos! Your dress is so pretty!

~Vicki
decked out in ruffles

Purple Ivy said...

My oh my what a gorgeous dress and I love how you styled it with the hat.

xoxo
Ivy
http://www.purrpleivy.com/

Heather said...

Gorgeous outfit and photographs x

Heather | Of Beauty & Nothingness

Jenna Condon said...

Very cute : ) love the necklace

Louisa Fiebig said...

Really lovely dress! I´m a great vintage fan!
Please have a look on my blog :)
www.glossyrosesandvintagedreams.blogspot.com

Rachelle Marie said...

Your style is just so cute and wonderful, and your pictures are always amazing! I just love your hat in this post, it is adorable!
xo Rachelle // www.belovedbluebird.blogspot.com

Suzanne Amlin said...

That dress is great! I checked out the shop, it has great pieces at really affordable prices! Added it to my favourites!

Suzanne
A Coin For the Well

Hannah Gottlieb-Graham said...

This dress is fabulous! I love the silhouette!

Xo, Hannah

sweetsweetnoir.net

Eccentric Owl said...

That necklace is so incredibly adorable! It reminds me of the hedgehog in The Hobbit, whose name was Sebastian, wasn't it? SO CUTE!
And the texture of that dress is really interesting! I love clothing with unusual patterns or textures, they make getting dressed so much more fun! You look beautiful, as always! I love your hat, too! I think you wear hats and head-pieces in general SO beautifully!
xo
Kristina
www.eccentricowl.com

Latest Instagrams

© Into the Woods. Design by Fearne.