Lone Mountain

November 13, 2013

Mustardandnordic 171

Mustardandnordic 191

Good morning, Lovelies! I'm a little slow in posting today, but hey, better late than never, right? I'm discovering quickly that picture taking is more difficult with the new time change, due to the fact that I have to shoot after 4:00 with my schedule. This time was a quick shoot- we were literally running to catch the sun before it shot down behind the mountains- haha. 

This cute little tunic dress is different from my usual ensembles, but sometimes I like to try and mix things up a bit style wise. It's from Rikke of College Vintage. College Vintage is great if you like vintage style with a modern, boho feel. They carry a bunch of super cute sweaters, dresses, and some adorable leggings. Especially with the colder months approaching, it's a great one to check out. Plus the prices are super affordable!

Mustardandnordic 073

Mustardandnordic

Mustardandnordic 030
Mustardandnordic 082

Mustardandnordic 134

Mustardandnordic 119

Mustardandnordic 112

Redflowersbbbbb 001
Let's talk accessories. This adorable mountain necklace was sent to me from Hello Happy Lunch. It's handcrafted from Polymer clay, and hand painted in pale pink. It's sweet winter accessory, and since it comes in super cute packaging, it would make for an excellent Christmas gift!

The bow I am wearing is from The Bow Hive. First of all, how cute is that name? The Bow Hive is actually a local business here, but you can purchase their designs on Etsy. You can also visit the Facebook page here for sale information and product updates. The Bow Hive makes adorable handmade hair bows for adults or little ones. They are great quality, and would also serve as fantastic gifts, for someone special, or yourself ;) Plus the prints and patterns are gorgeous- it's hard not to fall in love!

Mustardandnordic 157

Mustardandnordic 162

Mustardandnordic 144
Dress: c/o College Vintage
Necklace: c/o Hello Happy Lunch
Leggings: fashion district
Boots: Target
Ring: gift
Five Foot Nine Farmgirl said...

Very cute colors Alex! The leggings are my favorite piece! :)
blessings,
-Cassie

Reut Metallisydän said...

I love the tights you wore underneath the dress :) and your nail-polish is gorgeous!
It's getting dark so early... but the most beautiful hours are the hours in which the sun goes down ^^

Chasity S. said...

Very cute outfit! I love your bow headband! =)

~Chasity S.
http://ahomebeyondtheriver.blogspot.com/
http://chasitysherellephotography.blogspot.com/

Melissa said...

Perfect!! Love that beautiful flooded sunlight Alex! :) And what a darling necklace.

Melissa
thebeesknees-mel.com

Amy McLarty said...

Beautiful outfit, Alex! You are a stunning lady.

Love, Amy
alooscloset.blogspot.com

Kristian said...

My favorite part are the tights. You are, as usual, looking lovely, lady.

Sara, Swing The Day Away said...

I can't stand when it starts to get dark around 4:30, 5. It messes with me, too! I feel like it makes me more tired, too because it makes it feel later than it really is. I wish it could just be autumn all year round, but with long days like in the summer. Of course...these photos are magnificent and you look gorgeous! I really love the way you captured the sunlight in those last few pictures.

Jointy&Croissanty said...

Beautiful colors and amazing mood of pictures! You look fabulous!

jointyicroissanty.blogspot.com

Naomi said...

That dress is such a pretty color on you! And the tights, so cute~

xoxo

The Occasional Indulgence

Raewyn said...

I love wearing mustard during the fall - love the tunic! You still keep it very you with the bow headband. :) And orange glitter nailpolish is the best, as are these pictures! Thank you for the lovely shout out in your last post! <3

Charlotte MacDonald-Gaunt said...

Lovely warm shade - gorgeous and I like to team mustard with clear blue for a real pop of color :o). Xx

http://makeupbycandlelight.blogspot.co.uk/

Jeans and a Teacup said...

I hate how it gets dark so early!! It really does make picture taking hard! I love the color of your dress! And once again - gorgeous pictures!
~Jessica
Jeans and a Teacup

Delvalina Tuanger said...

Today's outfit not so feminine as usualy but lovely as always
I love the color of that dress and your boots :)

Sammi said...

Alex, your photos are always so stunning, and these are no exception. This color looks lovely on you. I wish I had your photog skillz!

xox Sammi
www.thesoubrettebrunette.blogspot.com

claire said...

I love everything - the mustard, the style of the dress, the tights, boots, headband, necklace. Lol, I think I got it all :) !
Photos are so beautiful too!

Jenny Lee, The Dictioncanary said...

The golden light, the golden dress, the ring! So beautiful. And I love the tights and boots for contrast.

Jenny Lee
http://thedictioncanary.blogspot.com/

Suzanne Amlin said...

I feel you on being bummed about it getting dark so early! I'm a night owl and tend to sleep all day. It was fine during the summer because I could take photos at 6pm and everything was hunky dory. Today, I was going to take photos at 4:30 and I was too late! GAH! This is going to take some getting used to. Your photos still turned out super, super beautiful. I love how you styled those tights (leggings?) I see them everywhere and am never sure how to incorporate them into an outfit, mostly because I'm not sure if they are actually pants. You did a beautiful job though!

Suzanne
A Coin For the Well

Linda B said...

Ooooh, I love this mustard yellow color and the print tights you paired it with. Your photos are always so gorgeous!

The Dragonfruit Diaries

Hannah Gottlieb-Graham said...

You look absolutely amazing in this mustard-hued dress. I recently bought a pair of mustard heels and I've been really loving the hue! Love your little hair bow too!

Xo, Hannah

sweetsweetnoir.net

Brittney @ True Vintage Love said...

I love this outfit so much! The colors are gorgeous and your pictures are so crisp and beautiful!

-- Brittney @ True Vintage Love
www.truevintagelove.com

Alexandra Marie said...

Yes! Def. can relate- haha. And thank you! They are leggings- and I know what you mean, it's a fine line I guess. I've seen girls wear them as straight out pants and in my opinion, it's just not the way to go. So I play it safe with a dress- lol

Alexandra Marie said...

Thank you, Grace! And no problem!

Vicki said...

Lovely photos! I've been having a tough time getting photos in myself...it seems the sun sets so early now! Love your outfit as well!(:

~Vicki
decked out in ruffles

chantilly said...

wow... just amazingly gorgeous. i'm speechless!

Chantilly

Tranae said...

beautiful pics and lovely outfit

Megan Butcher said...

Love this look! Rustic and elegant, my favorite. And what fortunate lighting! -- Magic :)

<3 Megan
http://www.garden-variety.net

Stunning Looksa said...

Love the mustard color and love, love, love the leggings!!! This style suits you well!!

Eccentric Owl said...

Gorgeous. I hate the lighting changes during winter; makes it so much harder to get good lighting! But I think the light in these photos is beautiful! And I LOVE this outfit! You look so pretty in that color, and those tights are so fun!
xo
Kristina
www.eccentricowl.com

Latest Instagrams

© Into the Woods. Design by Fearne.