There's a Hole in My Bucket

October 1, 2013

peltzer 010


peltzer 036

This past weekend I had the opportunity to go down and hit some vintage stores in LA with friends. It's amazing really because as long as I have lived in California, I rarely have made trips down there. The atmosphere really changes so much- and the driving...intense stuff- haha. The stores were great though. I've never really been to any real vintage places, unless I am shopping online. There are just countless racks of clothing- all in different colors and eras. And I was happy to finally have made it into an Anthropologie. I'm familiar with them online, but had never been in a store up until a few days ago. It is so inspiring in there- it makes me want to decorate. If only I had the budget to go along with it all- haha. 

On a different note, can you believe how fast September flew by? I can hardly fathom that we are already embarking into October. I's crazy how some times of the year just slip through your fingertips.

peltzer 054


peltzerb 091

peltzer 078

The blouse I am wearing is from Adie Holly. There's over 240 items in this shop, so there's hard not to fall in love with something- ha! I love what Adrianne, the shop owner, says about supporting vintage businesses, We the consumers can support one another while keeping alive the art of craft and re-loving of the past's items of plenty." I've always loved it when I can buy something from a small business, or something local/US made, because I feel like I am supporting my community.

This cute little floral skirt, from Fawna Vintage,  is actually a dress, however, as I often do, I styled it as a skirt. It really is such a cute little piece- I love the colors in the print because they can go Autumn or Spring really easily. And the fabric is so soft and flowing. Fawna Vintage is great because there are so many insanely adorable little dresses for a great price. And the packaging it came in was too adorable- little pastel candies and a card with the beautiful shop logo. Any of the dresses would make for great gifts as well!

truck
peltzer 115

bucket h
peltzerb 038

peltzerb 053 

peltzerb 075 

peltzerb 083
Sweater: c/o Adie Holly
Skirt: c/o Fawna Vintage
Belt: Forever 21
Flower crown: old
Shoes: Payless
Abilaine said...

OH! The head-wreath is just ADORABLE! :D
And so is the colour of the skirt's colour.

Amazingly pretty ... as usual.

July A. Emmance said...

That is soooo cute!! I wish I had those clothes..... :)

Kristian said...

Very darling look. Glad you had a good trip!

Becca said...

Lovely photos! That top is so pretty. I wish I could move in to Anthropologie. Their stores are amazing.

-Becca
Ladyface Blog

Linda B said...

I adore this floral crown you incorporated! You look lovely as always :)

The Dragonfruit Diaries

Trisha said...

Hi there!
You have a lovely blog. I was wondering whether you'd like a button swap with me?
here's the link to my blog-
trishaawari.blogspot.com

Hannah said...

I wish there was a cute little vintage shop near where I live... wait maybe there is... idk, I don't get out much. but seriously this outfit is ADORABLE!

Shelby said...

i need to figure out how to style a dress as a skirt! for some reason, i just can't do it! it is very frustrating. haha and i love that floral crown!

Sara, Swing The Day Away said...

I can't believe how fast September went by either! It's so crazy! These photos are gorgeous and I love your outfit!

Jenna Condon said...

Holy cow, that location and your outift is adorable!!!!! I love the sunflowers in the background, so cute.

Alexandra Marie said...

Hi Trisha, thank you! Currently I am not offering button swaps, but I will definitely head over and check out your blog! Thanks for following <3

Samantha said...

The setting of your pictures is so picturesque! That truck is such a rustic beauty. I agree with you dear, September seemed to slip through my fingers like sand, too quickly! The upcoming holidays are definitely something to look forward to though. Your outfit is indeed lovely, you styled that dress as a skirt perfectly!

Jenny Lee, The Dictioncanary said...

You have the loveliest photo locations! The top and dress are just perfect together. Such a sweet look! <3


Jenny Lee
http://thedictioncanary.blogspot.com/

Hannah Gottlieb-Graham said...

Anthropologie is one of my favorite stores- it really is SO inspiring! And I've never been thrifting in LA but I'm sure it's wonderful! I love your outfit :)

Xo, Hannah

sweetsweetnoir.net

Dasha Pomeranz said...

You look amazing! Very stylish sweater and headband.

Hopefully Smashing said...

I love that blouse, the collar is awesome! You always look great, Ia m so jealous haha!

Latest Instagrams

© Into the Woods. Design by Fearne.