Memories Fade Like Leaves

October 30, 2013

WoodBarn 012

barrel

WoodBarn 019

Just like September, October has literally flown by. The Fall and Summer always seem to be the quickest seasons for me- then Spring and Winter just sort of slug on by- really, really slowly- haha. I'm a little sad, honestly. I love October, and this one in particular has been just perfect. Not only has we finally gotten our beloved Fall weather this month, but I feel like life is finally picking up a bit. I say that mostly because I was in a "I have no life" funk this past September ( September was kind of rotten ;) haha. But October has pulled me back into a happier state I suppose.

Onto more cheerful subjects, I was once again surprised to find these purple flowers at our shoot location- ironically they happened to match with the florals on my dress. I always think it's funny how that happens! This dress is actually really different than anything I've owned before because the material is like a suede, but softer and lighter. I found it at a shop called, Thriftage. As you can probably tell from the shop title, Thriftage specializes in vintage and thrifted finds. You can really see shop owner, Kirsten's passion for vintage in her attention to detail and quality inventory. 

woodbarncollage

WoodBarnb 001

WoodBarn 047

Another thing that made October amazing was being chosen as Vivi Girl Shop's Blogger of the Month! It came as such a surprise. You can read the feature here until the end of October :) They also sent me this little Tarina Tarantino necklace, which I thought would go great with this outfit because of the warm colors. If you haven't been by Vivi Girl Shop- do check it out! They carry clothes and accessories from a bunch of awesome designers like Orla Kiely and Dear Creatures to name a few. 

WoodBarnb

 leaf

WoodBarn 038

WoodBarn 035

WoodBarn 006

WoodBarn 056
Dress: Thriftage
Necklace: c/o Vivi Girl Shop
Tights: c/o Persunmall
Shoes: Ebay
Belt & Sweater: old
Hat: Wet Seal

Harlow Darling said...

I know I say this every post, but you are so unbelievably perfect! I have a feeling one day I'll see you on the cover of a magazine! The photos of you with the horses are especially wonderful, love the one of you kissing the horse on the nose :) And I love that there were flowers that matched your dress, don't you love it when that happens? I think it happens for a reason :)

Delvalina said...

You are such a beautiful classic lady! and the pictures are just so perfect
my most favorite is when you kissing the horse :)

14 Shades of Grey said...

I want everything in this outfit! Well, maybe not the hat, because I can't pull off that hat, but everything else, yes. Especially those gorgeous shoes. Such lovely photos too.

Charlotte MacDonald-Gaunt said...

Gorgeous look - I love the retro feel from the pattern of the dress and the hat. Stunning! Xx

http://makeupbycandlelight.blogspot.co.uk

Dreamer Clara^^ said...

Really amazing outfit as always!
Love the dress, they are awesome^^

Dreamer Clara^^
http://dreamersuniverse.blogspot.com/

Nikki said...

I am happy to read that you are feeling better today ^^ Fall is the most beautiful season, sin't it? I love how you captured the beautiful fall colors in this outfit, not to mention how much I love this dress! So pretty :-) xo

Hannah said...

The necklace is so darling, and I love the dress. You have the cutest outfits!

Kristian said...

Gorgeous as usual.

Hopefully Smashing said...

I love this look, those tights are great. You always have the best hats too. Here's hoping November is better because September and October weren't so great down my way either. I love the pictures, the ones with the horse are my favourite.

Aspirer said...

Beautiful pictures, as always!

God bless!
♥ aspirer
www.heavenly-aspirations.blogspot.com

Becca said...

Your photos are gorgeous as always! You seem to have a special knack for finding the perfect lighting every time! Love those tights. Actually, love this whole outfit!

-Becca
Ladyface Blog

Alexandra Marie said...

Thank you so much- your comments always brighten my day! It was funny because after I kissed the horse he had a lipstick stain on his noes ;)

Sue @ A Colourful Canvas said...

Lovely as always. Those heart tights just have me swooning. Want! Very cooperative co-model as well.

claire said...

I love the location here! And the dress is so sweet.
(Of course the horse photos are my favorite too. :))
Fall's the best. I'm sorry to see October go as well. Life goes by too fast!

Melissa said...

Those tights!!! :D Looking gorgeous girl.

melissa
thebeesknees-mel.com

SomeoneLikeYou said...

I always get so excited when I see a new post of yours pop up on my dashboard. They're like works of art! x

Samantha said...

You have some awesome thrifting abilities lady! That dress is a stunner, seriously. And it's just so perfect for fall! I love everything about your ensemble too; the floppy hat, those oxford heels, the bow belt; all too adorable! And congratulations on your nomination, that's wonderful :)

Anonymous said...

So pretty! I like the tights :-) Would you consider writing a post on fashion blogging for budding fashion bloggers, like advice on posing, taking pictures, and stuff like that?? Because you're really good

Kimberley Jakoda said...

You look wonderful as always! Those tights are soo cute :) but those pictures with the horses are the cutest!! <3 Congrats on being blogger of the month! :)

Alexandra Marie said...

Thank you Samantha! Actually- it wasn't thrifted by me, but by the owner of the Thriftage etsy shop- so I can't really take credit for this one ;)

CountryGirl said...

You are so pretty! And I adore that dress, and I love your blog! :)

Paige

akiko hiramatsu said...

Beautiful photos!
You are cute and lovely.

akiko

Kelsi said...

Beautiful and amazing photos. Loved them.
Kelsi

Lady parisienne said...

This dress is very pretty!!

Imogen said...

Your photos are so perfect and amazing. I'm loving your gorgeous sweet dress and it looks perfect with the adorable printed tights.

Carley Lee said...

This may be one of my favourite looks that you've put together, Alex! I absolutely adore the little heart-printed tights, and that dress is so perfect :)
Gorgeous, as always!
-Carley
xx

Ice Girl said...

What a darling outfit! You mixed the prints very well. I love the way dresses look when belted, especially with sweaters. Nice hat, by the way!

My favorite part is the adorable necklace!

Vicki Wilde said...

Visiting from Peacoats & Plaid Link-up! I love this dress, it just screams fall! So pretty :)

<3 Vicki
wildeinthecity.blogspot.com

Hannah Gottlieb-Graham said...

Oh I just LOVE these stable photos! Do you ride horses? I just began riding again this summer in Princeton and truly loved it. I want to own a few horses when I'm older! And I adore this outfit :)

Xo, Hannah

sweetsweetnoir.net

Alexandra Marie said...

Thank you! I used to ride, but stopped when I was 12 or 13 years old. I grew up on a 3 acre ranch and we had a business buying and selling ponies- we owned 20 at one time!

samer hadid said...

Thanks for every other informative web site. The place else may I get that kind of info written in such a perfect approach? I’ve a mission that I’m simply now working on, and I have been at the glance out for such info.
Finally I read a very effective material, thank you from my heart
תיקון גגות רעפים

Eccentric Owl said...

This is such an adorable shoot! The horse! AH! I love it. And I love that the flowers match your dress. I wish I had time to go out to locations to get my outfit pictures done (that, and a car to get there!) because every time I read your blog, I'm so inspired to change up the way I take outfit pictures! I'll just have to make the best use of my yard and figure out creative ways to pose.
xo
Kristina
www.eccentricowl.com

fantine said...

it's only page three and i am already obsessed with your blog

Latest Instagrams

© Into the Woods. Design by Fearne.