If Leaves Were Gold

October 8, 2013

pontepond 064

pontepond 069

pontepond 071

pontepond 072

But alas, they're not. I'm talking about the title of this post- ha. Autumn colors come late here in So Cal. I have to light an awful lot of cinnamon spice candles to make myself feel like it's fall- haha. So I substituted with gold light instead. The leaves will be coming along soon, I force myself to believe ;)

This navy lace dress is actually something I raided from my sister's closet. We are pretty much the same size so I like to borrow things ever so often. She found it at Nordstom's Rack. It's actually not half bad there- the clothes are cute, though I didn't notice particularly amazing prices. Then again, this is Nordstom's we're talking about here!

And this cute little Letterman cardi is from Pitzicat Vintage. I initially had my heart set on a sweet navy dress and before I knew it- someone swooped it up to take on their own adventures. However, I must say I am so very happy with this sweater. It is so perfect for the season and really soft. Plus it goes with several things in my wardrobe. After wearing it last week, I had someone ask what the letters stood for. Later while talking with my mom, we decided it stood for fabulous Alex- hahaha. No judging, we had to get creative! Anyways, if you want to check out Pitzicat, there are always new things being added to the shop, and lldi, the owner is just a doll!

pontepond 040

pontepond 038

pontepond 035

pontepond 004

I have a confession. I'm in love with chai tea. There's this big tub of chai tea mix you can buy at Costco, and it is so incredible. Plus it can go hot, iced, or frappucino style, which is my favorite. What are some of your favorite drinks this Fall?

pontepond 009
Collagepond
pontepond 018

pontepond 034
pontepond 031

pontepond 028

pontepond 024
Dress: Nordstom's Rack
Cardigan: c/o Pitzicat Vintage
Tights: old
Shoes: Payless
Bow & ring: Forever 21
Purse: old

Sammi said...

You look super gorgeous in these photos! I thought this dress was black at first, actually! In either black or navy, you look especially sophisticated :) and that vintage sweater is too adorable. Your photos are always so dreamy!

xox Sammi
www.thesoubrettebrunette.blogspot.com

Linda B said...

As always, you look beautiful! I love this lace dress you are wearing <3

The Dragonfruit Diaries

Carley Lee said...

These photos are so gorgeous, Alex! They definitely invoke a Fall feeling, even if it hasn't quite arrived where you are :)
Isn't so great being a similar size as your sister? My younger sister and I share clothes often, too, and it's so nice to have double the options!
I think my favourite beverage right now is a soy green tea latte with just a hint of hazelnut. Yum yum! Chai teas are always a favourite, too!
-Carley
xx

Harlow Darling said...

You always blow me away with your stunning photos *sigh*! I love your letterman cardi, this whole outfit is so sweet and elegant - and that light - you always capture the like so beautifully!

norafinds said...

Beautiful outfit! I'm a sucker for monochromatic outfit and that cardigan is amazing - I love those monograms for always reminding me that they once belong to someone. Sigh. Now I want to wear this dress I have just so I can show off my monogram!

Hannah said...

I am in love with the cardigan! And the FA=Fabulous Alex is pretty awesome. :)

Kimberley Jakoda said...

It sucks when you have your eye on something and someone else gets their hands on it first! But nonetheless this is a great look as well. :) The cardigan looks really cozy!

Melissa said...

Girl.. I'm a pumpkin spice and peppermint white mocha gal- all the way. ;) Love this time of year.

Your pictures are always outstanding. I would love to know what lens you're shooting with?

Here's to hoping that fall comes your way soon!!

Melissa
thebeesknees-mel.com

Five Foot Nine Farmgirl said...

Amazing picture Alex! Cute dress! Yes it seams that we are a bit behind in our leaves turning color too. :) It will not be long!
~Cassie

Becca said...

Love this outfit! Particularly that sweater- so cute!!!!

-Becca
Ladyface Blog

Kristian said...

Ha- I borrow with my sister all the time too. Sister are great for that!

This is a great outfit- grown up but not too "grown up." (Sorry if that makes so little sense).

Dreamer Clara^^ said...

Interesting photos! :) Love your outfit! <3
. . .
Dreamer Clara^^
http://dreamersuniverse.blogspot.com/

October Rebel said...

Lovely, lady!

Samantha said...

These photos are stunning and you are looking gorgeous! With the light your photos look so dreamy. I wish my sister and I had similar style so we could share clothes, 'cause that is one beautiful dress you borrowed from yours! I like the little plaid bow too, the perfect touch.

Christy said...

What is that waistline called? It's too low to be empire, but too high to be natural...But your outfit is beautiful!:)
Christy

Alexandra Marie said...

Thanks! Yum, that sounds amazing, where do you get something like that? I use a canon 50 mm 1.4 and LOVE it! Def. would recommend, it changed my photos drastically.

Alexandra Marie said...

Thanks Christy! I guess the easiest way to explain it would be a fit and flare or a skater dress.

Jessi said...

Gorgeous photos! (as always) the sun is perfect! I love that cardi and that darling fox ring! I almost got one :)
Jessi
http://haircutandgeneralattitude.blogspot.com

Jenny Lee, The Dictioncanary said...

Just beautiful! That cardigan is perfect, and I love the wee plaid bow detail :)

I'm definitely a fan of pumpkin spice and mocha, but I love chai as well! Also, any kind of cinnamon tea.

Jenny Lee
http://thedictioncanary.blogspot.com/

Hannah Gottlieb-Graham said...

I'm loving your little plaid hair bow!

Xo, Hannah

sweetsweetnoir.net

Kati said...

What a cute look today, I love the dress so much and the hair bow is pretty adorable, too!

Have a fantastic day,
-Kati

akiko hiramatsu said...

Hi!
These photos are so beautiful.
I want ring of the fox, me, too.

akiko

Clarissa Rivers said...

Alexandria, thanks for visiting my blog! I love the lush colors of the photography here....where did you shoot? This location at sunset is quite beautiful. Glad to have found a blogger through mutual friends!

Marisa Noelle said...

This is such a pretty look! I adore all the subtle details like the bow and letters on the sweater that pull everything together. What a gorgeous sunset too!

Jeans and a Teacup said...

Love the dress! You are so cute! And the pictures are gorgeous!
~Jessica
Jeans and a Teacup

Alexandra Marie said...

Thank you, Clarissa! This was at Ponte Winery- they recently built a pond behind their new hotel :) And yes, me too!

Katie Aman said...

You have some of the most stunning photography I've seen anywhere. I have been taking tips from all of your posts, haha :). I absolutely am in love with your blog! That sweater does look amazingly soft and the letters give it that collegiate feel which I really love. I steal my sister's clothing too-they're great for that! And I'm a tried and true hot chocolate girl. I've never been able to do coffee or tea, pass me the cocoa!
Hope you're having a lovely day :)

Sara, Swing The Day Away said...

You always take the most gorgeous pictures! So pretty. :)

I LOVE chai tea. My favorite fall drink is pumpkin spice chai lattes. So good!

diane said...

Love, love, LOVE that black lace dress! It is so cute on you and you find the best places for your photo shoots! Your mom's suggestion is great but you could pick from a myriad of adjectives and they would all fit. Funtastic, faithful, full-of-faith, friendly, fashionable.....

Alexandra Marie said...

Thank you Katie! I've been absolutely loving your blog as well- I love that you aren't afraid to wear true vintage- it is such an inspiration <3

Rosy said...

Wow! You look really beautiful, the photos so soft light are spectacular, I thought the dress was black, dark blue is nicer and the bow in your hair is the perfect detail to the outfit. I am your new follower, love your blog, it's pure inspiration.

Hopefully Smashing said...

Beautiful outfit! I love that cardigan!

Latest Instagrams

© Into the Woods. Design by Fearne.