An Apple a Day...

October 22, 2013

Oakglen 083

Oakglen 088

Oakglen 063

Yoohoo, notice anything? That's right- it's full on, glaring orange- ha! Now that I have officially walked you through the leaf colors for the past three weeks, maybe I can convince myself to talk about other things... maybe ;) Well, actually, in all honesty these were taken up the mountain, so it's technically not like this right where I live, but close enough for me! It amazes me how gorgeous Oak Glen is. Even though it is just a little ways from where I live, Oak Glen always manages to get the fall colors and the winter snow. 

I was especially happy because this dress I found at Wish Me Vintage managed to match perfectly with the scenery up there. I discovered this little vintage hot spot about a month ago and fell in love! The shop was just opened in August, so it is relatively new. At the moment it is currently stocked with a bunch of darling little vintage dresses with adorable, girly details like lace trim, collars and bows. It never ceases to amaze me- when I find a shop that has a way of curating so many great pieces, I'm sold. And the shop owner Anna is a joy to work with! 

This particular dress is from the 1950s. I'm not sure if it was shortened or not, being that 50's dresses are usually a bit longer. However, in this situation it worked out perfectly because it gives the dress a bit of a modern touch. The fabric is really fun because it is more durable like a cotton, but with the look of chiffon. There's a name for it, but my lack of fabric knowledge just has me comparing to the familiar- haha.

Oakglen 131

Oakglen 125

Oakglen 133

apples


oakglen2 001
oakglenapples
Oakglen 135

Oakglen 136

oakglen2 025

Ahh, acorns. Love hate relationship. I think they were trying to murder me when we took these pictures- no joke! They were literally shooting down from the trees like mini torpedoes - I've honestly never seen anything like it before. It's hard to try and pose for a pretty picture when there's an acorn ambush raining from the sky.

oakglen2 015

oakglen2 012

oakglen2 010
Scarf: Gift
Cardigan: Forever 21
Ring: Persunmall
Tights: old
Earrings: estate sale
Headband: Fashion District


Nora said...

Sigh sigh sigh why are your photos so beautiful?! And you're right - the dress matches your scenery perfectly and you look like a fairy! I love how wearable your outfits are, including this one!! I think you look amazing as usual!

Delvalina said...

Oh Alex the golden nature and you just perfectly beautiful match. :)
I love everything in the pictures :)
Adorable as always.
Blessing,
Delvalina

Kimberley Jakoda said...

Each post of yours is such a joy to look at! That dress is a perfect autumn piece, it's really pretty!

Charlotte MacDonald-Gaunt said...

Lovely autumn colors and such floaty lovely style. Xx

http://makeupbycandlelight.blogspot.co.uk/

Melissa said...

Great colors Alex! Yay for the trees finally changing. :) That vintage dress is a stunner. Love it!

Melissa
thebeesknees-mel.com

Samantha said...

I just love how dreamy your photos are! Your outfit fits the scenery perfectly too, and you look amazing! I like your little polka dot headband.

Kristian said...

A gorgeous dress that looks perfect for what seems to have been a lovely day.

Reut Metallisydän said...

This is so annoying I leave you the same comment everytime, but how can I not???
I love the dresses you show so much! wish I could find stuff like this in my place...
I love the autumnal background and scenery, and the all these small details you managed to capture with your camera - the appels, the mountains, the acorns :P
You really know how to make the reader feel like he/she was there with you in all these lovely places...
May I ask which camera do you use? :)

Katherine said...

oh my goodness that is so adorable! I love your outfit; it's to die for! :D
And as always, love the pictures!

Jenny Lee, The Dictioncanary said...

What gorgeous photos!! I wish the leaves here would hurry up and change. That dress is a great find. You look lovely! Also, I know all about killer acorns. They try to get me every time I'm out in the backyard!

Jenny Lee
http://thedictioncanary.blogspot.com/

Alexandra Marie said...

You are so sweet! Thank you, thank you! I use a canon T3i ( different than a t3) with a canon 50 mm 1.4 lens (which virtually LIVES on my camera). If you are looking to buy a new camera- those two make a great team, I would def. recommend them!

Alexandra Marie said...

Thank you Jenny! Haha- I'm glad I'm not the only one!

Sammi said...

Oh Alex, these photos are SO stunning, and that dress is beautiful on you! The dresses in that Etsy shop are to die for!!

xox Sammi
www.thesoubrettebrunette.blogspot.com

Joy ~ Doodlebug ~ said...

Alexandra, that outfit (and the pictures you posted with it) are SO gorgeous! It just screams fall. :) Love it!

God bless,
Joy :)

Boyer Family Singers said...

That is such a beautiful dress! It looks like it might be made from voile? Your outfit, and the photos, are just stunning!

Blessings,

Brigid
The Middle Sister and Singer

Harlow Darling said...

You are so flawless :3 I have been loving all of your fall posts so much, such beautiful colors and the locations in your photos couldn't be more perfect!

Hannah Gottlieb-Graham said...

The colors in this post are sensational-- both in the apples, the leaves, and your dress!

Xo, Hannah

sweetsweetnoir.net

Always Maylee said...

You look beautiful in that dress and I love the polka dot bow headband. So cute!

xo, Yi-chia
Always Maylee

Reas NoteBook said...

Your blogg is amazing !!
totally following you now , hope you can follow back

xx

reasnotebook.blogspot.com

Linda B said...

Girl, you have been killing it with the fall inspired posts lately! Love your dress and scarf :)

The Dragonfruit Diaries

akiko hiramatsu said...

Beautiful!
Colored leaves are like golden light and It's very beautiful and gorgeous.

akiko

worldwidehealth said...

Very nice blog..thank you so much..
Rating Therapist

nunzia sofia said...

oh yessss very very nice dress sweety! i like it.
would u like to follow each other??
keep in touch kisses
if you want come to see my new “vintage” post n my blog..:
NEW POST: http://honeyandcotton.org/2013/10/24/its-time-for-vintage-thanks-choies/
FACEBOOKk: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Honeyandcotton-Fashion-Blogger/422547954496955?fref=ts
BLOGLOVIN: http://www.bloglovin.com/en/blog/6757331te
G+:https://plus.google.com/108626334220279846676/

Sara, Swing The Day Away said...

Yay autumn leaves! I'm glad you finally got to experience them in full. Also, it's pretty amazing all the great vintage dresses you find! I like to check out all the places you mention.

Alexandra Marie said...

Thanks Sara! Etsy is pretty amazing for finding vintage dresses- and as I'm sure you know, if you shop around on there a bit you can find stuff at amazing prices!

Courtney said...

Seriously! Could you be any cuter? This dress is beautiful on you! And I LOVE how you styled it with the print headband and the creamy sweater and scarf. You are adorable! So happy to have stumbled upon this little blog of yours. It's a gem! :)

Lovely to meet you,

Courtney

http://feminineuniquenew.blogspot.com

Jeans and a Teacup said...

So pretty! Looks like fall! Love all the autumn-y colors!
~Jessica
Jeans and a Teacup

Imogen said...

In love with this outfit. The dress and the headband are so stunning. Beautiful paterns.

Becca said...

These photos are so lovely! I can't get over that gorgeous fall light. I love your outfit, and that headband is too cute!

-Becca
Ladyface Blog

Cody Doll said...

So pretty! And so jealous. I want to live in the mountains. I live in Fl and it's hot and green everywhere.

Yet I understand the acorns, though our aren't as big but they still launch down.

Thanks for linking up with Seasonal Series. Don't forget to link up as many as you like and soon the WINTER link up will go live.

Colette Sanders said...

Love the cardigan! I've got one like it in lilac, but I think it would look a nicer in white!

http://colettesreflections.blogspot.co.uk/

Marisa Noelle said...

All your photos are incredibly stunning Alexandra! I love that vintage dress of yours to pieces :-)

Jo - Lost in the Haze said...

Your headband is so stinkin' cute, Alexandra! I love it with your ruby lipstick too!

xo
Lost in the Haze

Jessi said...

Oh this dress is GORGEOUS!! What a lucky find! I love that it matches the reds and greens of the apples too :) You look super pretty as always!
Jessi
http://haircutandgeneralattitude.blogspot.com

Kati said...

Thanks for your kind words on my blog, they sweetened my day!
I really LOVE your outfit here, the dress is just adorable and the cardigan, too! And your hair bow looks so lovely!

Have a great week,
-Kati

Lindsey Louise Bales said...

oh gosh, you pull together the cutest outfits and display them in such a lovely way! i adore these shots of you and the apples! so much fall!

lindsey louise

hellomrrabbitblog.com

Fashion Factive said...

Your pictures are always so beautiful ! The dress is awesome !

ann wood said...

These pictures capture a peaceful and timeless mood, just lovely. They feel to me they describe a certain essence of who you are? Love this!

blue hue wonderland

Reut Metallisydän said...

Thanks!

Ice Girl said...

Acorns have been leaving me alone.Dress: Wish Me Vintage
I really like your scarf! I noticed you wear tights with dresses a lot, and I like the look.
You always have such cute accessories!

countrygirlcityfashion said...

You are so classy, effortlessly chic, and beautiful. This blog is awesome, and so it the outfit. Love everything about the dress - so good for fall. And your shoes and accessories are lovely! I can't gush enough!

Latest Instagrams

© Into the Woods. Design by Fearne.