A Lot Like Autumn

October 15, 2013

pumpkinpatch 045

pumpkinpatch 039

pumpkinpatch 041

See it? There's a hint of yellow and red on that tree! Haha- that's So Cal for you- I'll take what I can get. Sorry to always be talking about the seasons, but I just can't help getting excited when Autumn is finally starting to show. We had one rainy day this week, which was amazing. It was pretty cold too. But we've also had some 90% days as well. 

Two vintage shop recommendations for you this week! Both of these places are awesome, so be sure and check them out!

This pretty polka dot dress is from The Spiders Web Vintage. It's another one of those places where you have a hard time choosing what to buy! Jessica has a way of finding such unique an adorable pieces- both clothing and housewares. After stopping by again today, I found that she has some super adorable shoes in stock right now ( I would buy them if they were my size), and among other things, a set of really cute ceramic owl salt and pepper shakers. And even though this is a little off topic, the shop title and logo is perfect for the time of year. 

Now the cardigan- let me say this- I am in complete, blissful, love with this sweater- haha. It matches with a lot in my wardrobe lately, surprisingly enough, and it is super comfortable. It is from Larkspur. The garments are all so beautiful, I just love the feeling I get when I explore the shop. The clothes are priced very reasonably- enough so that you can pay pretty much what you would for Forever 21, but vintage (aka, but better ;). The shop owner, Alex, also runs a blog. She has a great vintage flare to her outfits and I am so jealous of that gorgeous red hair! If you'd like, you can follow a link to her blog here.

pumpkinpatch 021

I recently went to LA again for the fashion district with some friends of mine and we had a blast! The prices are great down there as long as you are going for the accessories. Maybe I should even make a haul video because I literally got almost everything for a buck a piece. After spending $20, I walked away with this flower crown, two eye liners, a lip liner, a pair of earrings, two rings, a pair of leggings, a knit hat and three nail polishes.

pumpkinpatch 019

pumpkinpatch 016

pumpkinpatch 011pumpkinpatchcorn
pumpkinpatch 008

pumpkinpatch 005b
pumpkinpatch 005

pumpkinpatch 012

pumpkinpatch 031

pumpkinpatch 061

pumpkinpatch 056

OK, how stinkin' cute is this necklace? I could swear, I wear it with everything. I think it brings out my inner explorer ;). It is from, ( ready for a crazy cute name?) A Pocket of Whimsy. If you love crazy adorable, novelty jewelry, then this is without question the store for you. One of my new favorites is this gorgeous mushroom shadowbox necklace. To die for! If you are wanting to pick up the necklace that I am wearing, you can find it here. Take my word for it, so worth buying! It's a definite statement piece.
pumpkinpatch 052
Cardigan: c/o Larkspur
Necklace: c/o A Pocket of Whimsy
Shoes: Payless
Belt: Forever 21
Headband & earrings: Fashion District
Samantha said...

All of these photos are so fun! This place looks great and perfect for pictures. And your outfit is wonderful, I love the warm hues and your polka dot dress. Your floral headband is so pretty too!

Katie @ Loverly She said...

These are beautiful photos and you look wonderful! Fantastic colours on you :)

Kristian said...

That dress looks great on you- I swear it makes you look taller somehow. At any rate, as usual you look like a dream.

Anonymous said...

Hello Alexandra, I just found your blog and I'm loving the photos! I am an older lady that's just starting to get into photography and I would love to know what lens you use for most of your photos. I really want to be able to take some nice photos of my family and love how crisp your pictures look.
God bless
Kathryn

Danielle Villano said...

Ah, this outfit is an autumn dream! :) The cardigan is fabulous... I want to cozy up in one right now. Beautiful photos - thanks for sharing!

Best,
Danielle
http://awriterinlove.blogspot.com

Carley Lee said...

Alex, you are so stunning! I love these photos & I'm happy that Fall is *almost* arriving for you!
-Carley
xx

Nora said...

Beautiful photos, Alex! I love the whole Halloween feel and I'm really in love with your outfits! That polkadot dress and that cardigan are perfect for each other and work really well with your hair and complexion! Gorgeous!

Alexandra Marie said...

Hi Kathryn, thanks for the kind words! I use a canon 50 mm 1.4 for practically all of my photos- it is on my camera 99% of the time, and it is SO worth the investment. If you are looking to spend a little less, and what a similar look, check out the canon 50 mm 1.8. The aperture doesn't go quite as low, but I've heard it's a great alternative if you are more of a hobbyist photographer. Hope that helps!

Kimberley Jakoda said...

What a beautiful dress! You blend in nicely with the pumpkins in the background ;) You have found some lovely treasures!

Boyer Family Singers said...

These photos are absolutely amazing, and your outfit is wonderful!

Pretty post as usual :)

-Charlotte
boyerfamilysingers.blogspot.com

Iwona said...

I love your blog! Beautiful stylizations and pictures!!! I greet and I invite you to my blog: )

Ali Hval said...

Oh my gosh, how stunning are your pictures? Goodness, goodness, they're so sharp and clear and vivid! *____* And you have the most lovely shaped face ever, not to sound creepy, haha. Your hair frames it so nicely and the floral crown is the perfect addition. Adorable!

pukimatok said...

You're beautiful girl <3

Five Foot Nine Farmgirl said...

Wonderful Alex! I love evrey piece! I will have to check out those lovely stores! Thanks for sharing them!
~Cassie

Lauren Mufford said...

I absolutely love that dress on you! I think the colours of the entire outfit really compliment your skin tone. Your makeup looks lovely too. It's so inspiring for autumn! How do you pick such lovely ensembles? :)

Chandra/ Modern Day Charm said...

Oh my! You are so cute!!!

www.moderndaycharm.com

Alicia Mackin said...

Ah you look perfect for fall and what a wonderful photo shoot!

Ali of Dressing Ken

Jessica said...

Stunning! Your polka-dot dress just perfect, especially in that shade of orange. Your fall photos are absolutely beautiful by the way!

xo Jessica
www.thischarmingwanderer.com

Hannah Gottlieb-Graham said...

These are some of the cutest shots of you EVER! I love how happy you look, especially in the shot of you throwing up hay!

Xo, Hannah

sweetsweetnoir.net

Linda B said...

Girl, you always look so stinking adorable! These photos are just lovely to look at :)
I adore that dress and your floral headband

The Dragonfruit Diaries

akiko hiramatsu said...

Hi!
Orange is so cute and happy color!
I feel very happy to see your photos.
Thank you!

akiko

All you need is Fashion by Arianna Isabella D'Onofrio said...

Gosh, I'm completely in love with these pictures...I love how you combined the colours of your outfit with the colours of nature! And the quality of the pictures is just stunning! Besides, you look really beautiful, let me tell you that :)

All you need is Fashion
Facebook
New Post on the Blog!

Sara, Swing The Day Away said...

These pictures are so fun! I always get giddy when I see autumny posts with pumpkins and corn mazes. This was a perfect outfit to go with the pumpkins and hay. Oh, and I just LOVE that flower headband. :)

ann wood said...

Wonderful pictures and I love this dress in a great color. Beautifully done!

blue hue wonderland

Jeans and a Teacup said...

Wait, did you take these photos in LA? It totally looks like fall! Where is that pumpkin patch/corn maze? I want to go! You look so cute in these photos. Love the colors in this outfit!
~Jessica
Jeans and a Teacup

Alexandra Marie said...

Thank you! No, actually this is just a corn maze that is local- LA is about an hour and a half or so from where I am :) Are you in LA? We should meet up sometime :)

Elana said...

Oh gosh, stop being so perfect! I seriously can't get enough of your photos every time I visit. This dress is absolutely stunning and looks adorable with the floral crown. Also, where in SoCal do you live? That's where I'm from! (Have we talked about this before? I honestly can't remember haha)

www.room-334.blogspot.com

Ana Castilho said...

amazing look! :)
xoxo
http://myheartaintabrain.blogspot.pt/

Alexandra Marie said...

Aww, you are so sweet Elana! That is so great that you are from So Cal! I am in the Inland Empire :D

julia said...

amazing! this is THE perfect autumn outfit... love the pictures! you look absolutely stunning :)

Crissy Candypow said...

What a gorgeous dress! I'm jealous of the rain and color changes with trees.. it's not hitting my part of Cali yet! :(

Your photos are so beautiful!

Ice Girl said...

Such a nice dress! I like the dress-and-cardigan look a lot. Yet another adorable necklace, by a company with an adorable name! I have similar shoes. Again with the cute accessories!

I'm obsessed with fall.:)

Suzanne Amlin said...

That is the most pretty shade! I definitely need more clothes in this colour scheme :)

Suzanne
A Coin For the Well

Latest Instagrams

© Into the Woods. Design by Fearne.