Under the Olive Tree

September 17, 2013

fix it

Thornton 016

I'll admit, I was getting a little overwhelmed with the amount of brown in my pictures lately, so I decided a location with a little more green would be a refreshing change. I love how this shoot ended up with a Tuscan feel to it- I think it really captures where I live.

I have some great news this week as well. I finally buckled down and drew up two designs for the ModCloth Make the Cut Contest. Well, guess what? Both of them are finalists! I would appreciate it SO very much if you would take the time to vote for them. You can find them here & here.

Also, I just found out today that I was featured on the ModCloth blog, Story. Click here to check it out!

Thornton 013

Thornton 030
Thorntonb 004

Thornton 020
featured shops
My Avonlea
This cute little plaid piece is actually a jumper that I wore as a skirt. I found it at Alison's lovely shop, My Avonlea. I love this shop because the clothes are beautiful and the pictures are always so lovely! There's nothing like beautiful pictures to show off beautiful vintage. Alison started the shop to make her dream of being a stay at home mother and wife a reality. Today she and her family spend their time going on grand vintage treasure hunts for the store! "I consider us a vintage archaeologist family, " says Alison. Doesn't that just sound like so much fun?

Cats & Crickets
I have been looking for a simple white bow blouse forever now. They seem so hard to come by- yet I see them online all of the time! This lovely little beauty comes from Cats & Crickets. There are some adorable things in this store right now- including a wool skirt, and a pair of shoes that I particularly have my eye on. And there is another blouse in pink, similar to the one I am wearing among tons of other pretty things. If you stop by, be sure and look through all of the pages, because you don't want to miss any of it!

Thornton 028

Thornton 007
Thornton 032

Thornton 054

I am seriously considering the opening of an online vintage shop. I love finding and reviewing them ( as you all are aware- hehe) and I know I would love to run one of my own. I just have to iron out some details and I think I may just get started on that. Do any of you have vintage shop running advice you want to share?

Thornton 040

Collage

Jumper (worn as a skirt): c/o My Avonlea
Blouse: c/o Cats & Crickets
Belt: Forever 21
Hat: Wet Seal
Purse: Old
Shoes: Walmart

Rachel Emma @ Daydream Frenzy said...

These photos get my so excited for fall! I dont know why, but plaid is such a "fall print" dont ya think? Also, your hat adds the perfect touch to your outfit :)

Rachel Emma
Daydream Frenzy

Kristian said...

You, as always, look so darling- just the right amount of ladylike and classic. Also- you and hats = true love

Linda B said...

You should definitely open your own shop! I think you would do amazing :)
Love your vintage style girl, its amazing. Love your plaid skirt and floppy hat!

The Dragonfruit Diaries

Kristian said...

PS voted! Super exciting. Also, congrats on being featured on the Modcloth Blog

Boyer Family Singers said...

It would be so fun if you opened a vintage store! I have off and on thought of doing that... but I think I would enjoy making new things to sell more, even though the thrill of the hunt if quite enjoyable! I hope you do open up a store, because I can be found, quite often, browsing on Etsy for unique vintage items... :)

Brigid
The Middle Sister and Singer

MyAvonlea said...

I love the feature. I am so humbled to have been shown such love for my shop <3

Delvalina said...

Beautiful :)

Van Nguyen said...

I love your locations under the olive tree and in the vineyard. YOUR OUTFIT looks great.

Abilaine said...

LOVE it! :)

Mina Rachelle said...

Love it! I hope you win, and it'd be really cool if you opened up a shop!

Kimberley Jakoda said...

I'm amazed by your wonderful photo's each time. The one with the water drops is simply amazing! I love your look too! Congrats on your Modcloth feature. :)

Ola Rosińska said...

Your style is so.. retro? vintage? I don't know but I like it :)

Kati said...

Thanks so much for your sweet words, they made my day!
This skirt is so cute, I love the cut and pattern so much! Really like how you've put together that outfit!

Have a great day,
-Kati

Natalia | Fashioned by Love said...

These photos are so happy-beautiful!!! Love the outfit very much, too, especially the skirt. And adore the black and white photos the most. x

Naomi said...

Hooray on becoming a finalist! I picked yours! So cute!!

The Occasional Indulgence

Nathaniel said...

Go for it with the vintage shop! Why not?

Five Foot Nine Farmgirl said...

Beautiful outfit and pictures Alex!
A vintage shop would be great! Alot of work but I am sure that it would pay off!
~Cassie
calicoclodhoppers.blogspot.com

Imogen said...

Congratulations! That's very exciting. Beautiful stunning pictures. I especially love the skirt.

Rebekah said...

Yes! You should totally start a vintage shop. :) Lovely photos and beautiful style!

Hannah Gottlieb-Graham said...

I love the last photo of you tossing up the leaves! And congratulations on your Modcloth news- I voted for both of your designs. They are just beautiful!

Xo, Hannah

sweetsweetnoir.net

Reut Metallisydän said...

I love browns, but it's always nice to make a refreshing change :P
The pics are lovely as usual, I just love everything you wear and how you wear it.

Harlow Darling said...

The photos of you playing in the leaves are so incredible, amazing lighting and it all goes so beautifully with the fall colors in your outfit :)

Alicia Mackin said...

Ah yes this does look rustic! Are you taking your own pictures? Congratulations on being a finalist twice!

Ali of Dressing Ken

Taylor said...

your blog/outfit/style is beautiful. everything about it - obsessed. just started following you! this photo shoot just screams fall/academic chic/femininity/classic. i love LOVE your black hat.

now following you! so happy to be doing so :)
love, taylor

bloganticipation.blogspot.com

diane said...

Beautiful photo shoot you darling girl! Congratulations on both of your designs. I'll keep my fingers crossed and positive thoughts going your way. Love, love, love the plaid jumper/skirt. What a fun versatile way to think about wearing and changing up a cute jumper! Wish I was thin enough to pull it off.

Jessi said...

Congrats on being a finalist twice!! That is seriously SO exciting! Apparently I'm too late to vote :( But fingers crossed you win!! Your designs are darling! And I totally hope you start a Vintage shop, I love your taste and would totally buy from you :)
Loving the plaid! I need more (or just some) of it in my wardrobe bad!
Jessi
http://haircutandgeneralattitude.blogspot.com/

Always Maylee said...

You look so cute! I love these pictures, especially the one of you flicking up the water. Love the hat too!

xo, Yi-chia
Always Maylee

Jenny Lee, The Dictioncanary said...

You are the epitome of a classic beauty! Everything looks perfect on you. Good luck with the contest! I say go for the shop! You have such lovely taste.

Jenny Lee

http://thedictioncanary.blogspot.com

Latest Instagrams

© Into the Woods. Design by Fearne.