Something Like a Fairy Tale

August 7, 2013

IMG_9281

IMG_9278

Happy Wednesday my Dears! Can you believe it's already August!? It's amazing how fast this Summer has been flying by. We've had a few Summer storms lately, which were incredible. I love the smell of rain. Anyways- weird random fact of the day- ha!

Okay, let's talk about this dress. It was sent to me from a darling, vintage Etsy shop called Girls Reconstructed. If you love 20th century clothes, this shop's for you! Julie keeps the store stocked with fun, quirky vintage pieces that would add charm to any wardrobe. You can find some truly amazing bargains, so if you're wanting a vintage piece, definitely have a look!

This, I can fairly easily say, is the most incredible dress I have ever owned. It is from the 1950's, which is my favorite era for clothing. It is also the first 50's dress that I have ever had the privilege to call my own. It is made from a beautiful, baby blue organza with amazing intricate eyelet detail on the skirt. And the great thing is that it fits like a glove! Typically I find myself having to alter things to fit, so naturally it's nice to just be able to wear something without any fuss. I believe this will be the love of my wardrobe for some time- haha.

Collage

IMG_9271

IMG_9266

IMG_9338

IMG_9329

IMG_9352

IMG_9354

New bible study post over at Beautiful in God's Eyes

IMG_9442

 Lace-Parasols was kind enough to send this gorgeous parasol my way. If you are a lover of romantic, girly things then you must by all means find a parasol from this online store. Lace- Parasols sells a variety of breathtakingly stunning parasols, fans, gloves and more in an array of colors! These parasols also make darling wedding accessories, so if you are tying the knot any time soon, be sure and stop by their website! You can find this one here

The quality of this parasol is pretty impeccable. Besides the fact that it is just plain gorgeous ( how many girl's wouldn't want to frolic around town with one of these)? The build is really nice and sturdy, so it will last for  years to come. And they are amazing for this Summer weather.

IMG_9384

IMG_9374
Collage2
These pictures were taken locally at a place called Briar Rose. Isn't it so beautiful? I found it online and knew that it would be perfect for this post. Even better yet, we met a gentleman while we were taking pictures who shared some of the farm's history with us. Believe it or not- the man who built the house was one of the artists who designed Disney's Fantasy Land and Toon Town. The house itself was designed as a replica of Snow White's cottage. Of course, as you can guess, being there makes you feel like you are in a fairy tale. 

IMG_9461

Parasol: c/o Lace-Parasols
Shoes: Payless
Necklace: Gift
Bow: A Bow for Teagan

Don't forget to enter the Flos Caeli $20 credit giveaway! Click here to enter
Delvalina said...

Oh Alex...I love the dress and most the lace parasol.
you're such a pretty lady for vintage :)
I have no idea for buying online but someday I will try. All your etsy suggestions I have visited some and I will visit again when I buy them.
I will check out your other blog soon :)

blessing.
Delvalina

14 Shades of Grey said...

One word: gorgeous. Oh and I totally want to steal that parasol, even though I wouldn't carry it anywhere (it's too pretty for that!)

Kayla said...

Ooh that is such a pretty dress! I love your photos by the way, they are amazing :)

xx
Style Vancity

Harlow Darling said...

You are a true modern day Audrey Hepburn :3 I can't get over how beautiful you are and how brilliant all of the photos on your blog always are, each of these photos looks like it could be in a magazine.

Bianca Marquez said...

That dress is sooooo beautiful and the parasol as well. Everything looks so nice on you. Also amazing photos, these really do look like they belong in a magazine from the fifties!
-Bianca
http://theimpossiblycuteblog.blogspot.com/

Hannah said...

The 1920's is probably my most favourite era ever! definitely going to check the shop out. :) And I absolutely love that parasol! :)

Melissa said...

SOO beautiful Alex, as always!!! So, I need that parasol! ;) And how cool that you found that cottage designed in the light of Snow White! So cool.

Psycho Cat said...

Gorgeous! Starting from parasol, dress, necklace, your hair... really nice post :)

Kristian said...

Everything about this photo shoot comes together so perfectly, each element boosting the other elements. That parasol is darling, and boosts that fairytale feeling so much, the dress is absolutely stunning and my, what a gorgeous fairytale place! Great job!

Christy Okeefe said...

That parasol is gorgeous! And I love those pearls! The dress is simply darling. I guess what I'm trying to say, is that I love your outfit:)
Also, the landscape is just beautiful! I love how everything is just so dainty and pastel in your posts. So pretty!!!
-Christy

Abilaine said...

OH MY! So beautiful in every way!!! You have such a talent with choosing colours that really compliment your skin tone .... and I ADORE the parasol.

Ice Girl said...

That parasol is the cutest thing! And it goes perfectly with your dress.

Becca said...

That dress is so amazing. It fits you like a glove! Gorgeous setting, too!

-Becca
Ladyface Blog

Sammi said...

Goodness. Gracious. This dress is absolutely stunning, and I'm drooling over the parasol! I've been wanting one like this for SO long. I'm heading over to check out both shops now! You look gorgeous. :)

xox Sammi
www.thesoubrettebrunette.blogspot.com

Jeans and a Teacup said...

You are just too cute! LOVE the parasol!
~Jessica
Jeans and a Teacup

Mina LovesPizza said...

SO PRETTY! :-)

Sara Strauss {Sincerely, Sara} said...

Love that dress on you! It's so pretty and feminine!
~Sara

Hannah Gottlieb-Graham said...

This dress is so incredible, and I love how you styled it with pearls and a pretty lace parasol! Definitely going to check out the parasol store :) Stunning as always!

Xo, Hannah

sweetsweetnoir.net

Beverly Houpt said...

This color looks really good on you! I wish I had something in my wardrobe in powder blue! And what a pretty setting as well :)

Adora Mehitabel said...

Beautiful photos! Adore that dress
www.adoramehitabel.blogspot.co.uk

helloscarlettblog.com said...

i followed a link to your blog through the ladyface page and oh mi! your hair, your outfit! too cute!

~e~ @helloscarlettblog.com

lucia m said...

perfect dress!

JOIN MY GOLD KNOT RING
GIVEAWAY ON MY BLOG!

WWW.AROUNDLUCIA.COM

Sophie Cathe said...

Hi Alex! First of all, I love your pictures!! I am definitely following you now. And second, thankyou so much for stopping by my blog. Lets keep contact!

xx Sophie
http://navysophie.blogspot.com/

Alexandra Marie said...

Thank you Sophie! So glad to have to following along :-)

Anfal AHmed said...

wow this outfit is so pretty!
just started following you on bloglovin so hopefully you can follow back so we can be following each other?
thanks!
beau-tify.blogspot.co.uk
x x x

Alexandra Marie said...

Thanks! Headed to check out your blog right now :-)

Lauricia said...

Ah, such a gorgeous outfit! You look absolutely beautiful Alexandra!
I want that dress so bad....haha.

Hattitude said...

Hattitude Style Blog

alexandra this dress is gorgeous. I just recently bought my first 50's dress as well. I swoon every time I see it hanging in my closet.

love this lace parasol! This would be great for me as I find I burn easily from the sun. you're adorable as always!

talk soon wild child
-Hattie
Hattitude Style Blog

Hopefully Smashing said...

That dress is gorgeous and looks great on you. What a classically beautiful outfit and shoot. It's amazing when you find vintage things that fit you like a glove.

Dus of Cuddly Cacti said...

oh my goodness, it looks like a fairytale indeed! what a beautiful place and how fortunate you are to have it near for a visit. and wow, you look absolutely gorgeous in that dress! i seriously that it was a shabby apple post when i first saw it. such a perfect parasol as well, just the kind i've been wanting for years.
Cuddly Cacti
Mitla Moda

Latest Instagrams

© Into the Woods. Design by Fearne.