Picnic in the Park

August 21, 2013

Kellie Skirt 375

Kellie Skirt 381

Kellie Skirt 075

In addition to the stylist's collective last month, Kellie of Kellie Falconer Design, offered to send me a second skirt to wear and review. I was super excited because the first skirt was so much fun to style! Today I am wearing her lovely, Blueberry Gingham skirt. As usual, Kellie's craftsmanship can't help but shine through on this beauty! Every seam and gather has been sewn to perfection. I adore the length and the tailored waistband adds a wonderful touch! And, to be honest, this skirt really speaks to my pocket obsession- is that not the cutest addition!? Kellie's skirts just have a way of making you never want to take them off.

Also, a little bird told me that she has a Fall collection coming up in the near future, so be sure and keep an eye on her shop! I just know that the pieces will be incredible!

Kellie Skirt 033

Kellie Skirt 192

Kellie Skirt 215


Kellie Skirt 099

I've been getting this temptation to grow my hair out into a little bob with bangs. I have this obsession lately with blunt bangs- they are way too cute. Gah- it's so hard! I know I can always just chop it again, but leaving a haircut that I love so much makes me a little nervous. Plus growing out pixies can be pretty tiresome from what I've heard. I think I could manage to reach my ideal length by January if I can stick with it. What do you girls think? Should I try it out?

Kellie Skirt 297
Kellie Skirt 301
Kellie Skirt 317


Kellie Skirt 339
Dress: (worn as a top) Jintas
Blouse: old
Hat: Target
Necklace: Forever 21
Delvalina said...

The picnic outfit it's comfy and charming.
I wish someday I can picnic with outfit like yours.
and I love your eyes shadow.

hugs and love,
Delvalina

KC said...

I totally love your skirt and necklace :)

http://yourfashiontroubleshootingguide.blogspot.com ♥

Maria - Crafty Owl said...

I do LOVE that necklace, it's really cute! =)

Maria x

craftyowl93.blogspot.com

Ice Girl said...

Your outfit and the background go so well together! The dress, blouse, and skirt together make a lovely little outfit. And I could never pull off that hat, but I like it on you. I love the necklace, by the way! (In other words, you always have perfect outfits.)

And yes, I think you should try growin out bangs a bit. It would look adorable!

Ice Girl said...

Oops, I meant "growing". :)

Lara Tura said...

Beautiful beautiful images!
AHKA VINTAGE BLOG
Sign up for special AHKA store priviledges

Melissa said...

So pretty Alex! You look great in hats! And the bike necklace is adorable. :)

Alex said...

Such a pretty skirt and a pretty girl! These photos are fantastic.

www.whimsydarling.com

Rebekah Bradford said...

Wow, I love everything about this outfit! It's awesome! And I think your hair looks really cute now...if you want to try to grow it out a bit go for it!

Mina LovesPizza said...

Skirts with pockets are awesome :-) And yes, you should try it out!!

Becca said...

This outfit is dreamy! I love that gingham skirt and will definitely be keeping my eye out for that fall collection!

-Becca
Ladyface Blog

Sammi said...

This skirt is wonderful (pockets!), and the little bicycle necklace is adorable! Love the picnic basket, too. And I think you would look beautiful with a bob + blunt bangs -- and if you don't like it, you can definitely go back to the pixie! You have such great bone structure that you could rock any haircut, I think!

xox Sammi
www.thesoubrettebrunette.blogspot.com

Kellie said...

Absolutely charming, Alex! I love this ensemble! And that necklace is just the bee's knees<3

--K
Accordion to Kellie

Christy Okeefe said...

I think your hair would look so pretty if you grew it out a bit! Dont worry, I'm always nervous when i try something new with it:)
Christy

Beverly Houpt said...

Deciding what to do with your hair is tiring. I'm in the same predicament! So naturally, I've just avoided it, haha.

Hannah Gottlieb-Graham said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Hannah Gottlieb-Graham said...

I definitely think you should try out blunt bangs! I am totally biased since I've got bangs, but honestly I love them and my hair makes me feel a lot more sophisticated. You would definitely look gorgeous with a little bob! Love these photos!

Xo, Hannah

sweetsweetnoir.net

Vicki said...

Lovely outfit! Kellie's skirts are always so beautiful, and I love the way you styled it.(:
I do think that blunt bangs and a bob would be cute on you! I always love that style.(:

~Vicki
Decked Out in Ruffles

Brittney @ True Vintage Love said...

Beautiful photos and I love your outfit!

♥, Brittney @ True Vintage Love
http://www.truevintagelove.com

Kristian said...

Oh, yet another outfit that is perfection. I LOVE that skirt, but that shirt is so lovely too. Very clean and fresh and summery.

While I like your short hair, I also think you would be cute ina bob.

Ashley said...

You look like you belong in a fairytale :) Swoon!

xo Ashley
thetiniestfirecracker.com

Crissy Candypow said...


Ahhh that skirt is so cute! I can't get over how beautiful these pictures are T.T

I love your short hair and since you can always cut it, go for growing it out!!

Nikki said...

This skirt is so so pretty. I love how long and wide it is. These photos have a fun romantic feel about them :) But then again, you always have amaaaazing photos. xo

Linda B said...

That is such a cute gingham skirt! And pockets? Love that :)

The Dragonfruit Diaries

Kati said...

Oh my, this outfit is just adorable! The skirt is too pretty and I also love your hat!
Lovely as always.

Have a great day,
-Kati

P.S.: Thanks for your words on my last post!

Lucie Srbová said...

I love the quality of your pics!!! so perfect. And this outfit is super cute. :)

Win gorgeous earrings!

Rachel said...

You look amazing, so much like Audrey Hepburn! I love a skirt with pockets.. so perfect! -♥- Rachel (For the Birds)

Melanie Pangilinan said...

You look so pretty in this outfit! Love the skirt. =)

Melanie
Aetherlily.net

Rachel Emma @ Daydream Frenzy said...

So many stunning photos! This is a perfect summer look, and like everyone else, I loooove that skirt! :)

Rachel Emma
Daydream Frenzy

Aino said...

So summery pictures!
I love your outfit! :)

-Aino

Miss Green said...

lovely blog my dear :) you have an adorable style!

Dus of Cuddly Cacti said...

how fortunate you are to have a skirt from Kelly - it is absolutely darling & perfect w/ your picnic in the countryside look. gorgeous photos again, so happy to have found your beautiful blog!
Cuddly Cacti
Mitla Moda

The Boyer Family said...

Gorgeous, all of it! Gingham has to be one of the most timeless prints...
From the short time that I've viewed your blog, I think you look dashing in a pixie cut, though I understand the urge for change, as I am growing out my hair at the moment :)

-Charlotte
boyerfamilysingers.blogspot.com

Latest Instagrams

© Into the Woods. Design by Fearne.