Farewell, Summer

August 27, 2013

Farewell Summer 003

Farewell Summer 005save

Alas, Summer is drawing to an end. It has been lovely and difficult all at the same time. There are always things that I love about each season, and of course things that I dislike. Summer is such a slow time of year for everything, work, blogging, life, you know what I mean. Maybe it has to do with the heat-ha! With that said, I can confidently say that I am excited to be moving along into Autumn. There is always more responsibility in the Fall for me. But I feel recharged and ready to move ahead.

Farewell Summer 005




Farewell Summer 033

Farewell Summer 034

Farewell Summer 001

Farewell Summer 001

I just love shooting during golden hour. It's difficult to manage photographing at this time of day, however. Somehow it never seems to fit into our schedule. I guess that is what I get for relying on actual people with lives to take pictures for me. Honestly though, after shooting selfies a couple of months ago, I can't imagine it any other way! I really do feel so blessed to have such giving helpers- they make my life one hundred times easier.

Farewell Summer 009

Collagefall
Farewell Summer 027

Farewell Summer 017Farewell Summer 018

Do you girls remember the cupcake post I did a few weeks ago? Well, Jenna's is up now too! Be sure and stop by her blog to have a look!

Farewell Summer 029

Farewell Summer 022

Farewell Summer 006
Blouse: thrifted
Skirt: old
Shoes: Ebay
Necklace: Forever 21
Bow: A Bow for Teagan


 I will be starting a beauty section here on the blog. For now I will just be posting reviews, unless something changes down the road. 
Dus of Cuddly Cacti said...

oh goodness, i am sooo ready for summer to be over. but unfortunately in phx we still have about 2 months left of heat. i'm jealous you can even wear tights. whereabouts do you live btw? i wanted to hear more about you but did not see an "About" page.. maybe i missed it. anyway, you got absolutely gorgeous pictures with the sun setting and i esp love the background w/ your simple but elegant little outfit. i def have to rely on help from my hubs as well for pictures, just too time consuming otherwise.
Cuddly Cacti
Mitla Moda

Abilaine said...

So very pretty. ;) Love the small touch the bow adds.

~Abilaine

Harlow Darling said...

The lighting in these photos is incredible! I have never taken photos at sunset, I normally take mine in the early morning because I'm not sure if the golden glow works with my skin tone. This lighting looks so heavenly on you though, and what a stunning landscape too. You are so lucky to have someone so talented to take your photos, your blog photos are probably my most favorite out there! Every blog post looks like a magazine editorial!
I look forward to seeing all of your outfits and photos in the fall,and winter too :)

Niki D said...

Gorgeous photos! I love your skirt, and actually I love your style in general! :)

heyniki.wordpress.com

Mina LovesPizza said...

I'm kind of excited for fall. I love summer though, I'm a bit sad to see it go. You picked the perfect time of day for this photoshoot! It's so pretty, so is your outfit!

Mina LovesPizza said...

And the bow is so cute! :-)

Victoria Horea said...

I'm excited for fall. I'm like you, where it means I'll have much more to do, but it's time for transition.
Lovely outfit! You're adorable. Beautiful pictures too.

-Victoria Horea

Melissa said...

Love these 'golden' pictures! You're right- sunset is the best! :) Looking gorgeous, girl!

Rachel Sullivan said...

These photos are all pretty gorgeous! Best time of day, in my opinion, to photograph or just be outside!

Rachel

Delvalina said...

Love it!!! Love the sunset here :)
and beautiful you, it's just perfectly match with the farewell summer.

Have a good day Alex!

Delvalina

Kristian said...

There is something (in the best way possible) very Snow White about these.

October Rebel said...

Yay golden hour! These really are fine photographs! Love the horizontal one of you sitting on the fallen tree.

Alexandra Marie said...

Oh wow- you know I think it's the same for us- it really stays super hot until mid to late October. I just make myself pretend like it's colder so I can wear tights- haha. I live in the Inland Empire.

Alexandra Marie said...

Thank you so much! You know, you should try shooting in the late afternoon sometime! I am actually a professional photographer, and one of my favorite things to photograph are blondes when the light is golden. It will to wonders with your hair!

Alexandra Marie said...

Hehe- you know, I almost thought about wearing a red bow and going all themed with this. So it's funny you should say that!

Jeans and a Teacup said...

Love the light blue and yellow color combo! Beautiful pictures as always!
~Jessica
Jeans and a Teacup

Reut Metallisydän said...

This is such a lovely photoshoot! I loved it :)
I wish summer will be over also at my place, I had enough of it!

Hannah Gottlieb-Graham said...

Golden hour is the best- the lighting is always so magical. You look lovely as always in this outfit- I can't wait to see your new fall looks!

Xo, Hannah

sweetsweetnoir.net

Stephanie said...

Your photos are stunning and the way you captured the light it truly amazing :) Love the sweet bow in your hair. I am so ready for Fall - boots, scarves, cardigans, tights :) Have a lovely day! Hugs

Serenella ch said...

Lovely <3

Niente di Serio
Niente di Serio Facebook

The Boyer Family said...

I just found your blog via the ModCloth Style Gallery, and I have to say that I adore it! Gorgeous photography, fabulous outfits... so much loveliness :) New follower via GFC & Bloglovin'! Can't wait to see more posts!
Oh yes, being an aspiring photographer myself, I would like to ask what type of lens you use for your outfit photos. The bokeh is stunning!

-Charlotte
boyerfamilysingers.blogspot.com

Alexandra Marie said...

Hi Charlotte- thank you so much! I use a 50mm 1.4 lens and I love it!

Following you back on Bloglovin'!

Becca said...

These photos are SO gorgeous. You look absolutely amazing, as usual!

-Becca
Ladyface Blog

Sammi said...

I'm sad about summer ending, but I have to say that these photos made me feel excited for autumn! That second picture of you is especially gorgeous!! You're such a beauty, and I love the little bow :)

xox Sammi
www.thesoubrettebrunette.blogspot.com

Christy Okeefe said...

I nominated you for the elegant blogger award! http://asmalltowngirlsthought.blogspot.com/2013/08/elegant-blogger-award.html

-Christy

Linda B said...

I know, its always so sad when summer ends. Love the lighting in these photos, and your adorable hair bow is the perfect accent to your outfit!

The Dragonfruit Diaries

Dreamer Clara^^ said...

Really amazing photos! <3 Love all of them!
. . .
Dreamer Clara^^
http://dreamersuniverse.blogspot.com/

Ксюша said...

Beautiful photos!

http://tumbleweedexistence.blogspot.co.uk/2013/08/giveaway.html

Visit my blog and participate in giveaway!!!

Jules said...

just discovered your blog and you're so beautiful! :) i don't know if you know the band "edward sharpe and the magnetic zeros" but you look a lot alike the girl whose name is Jade :) she is just as beautiful! <3
-jules
www.myladybakes.com

Paige said...

Its like being in another world looking at your photos, they are always so beautiful and literally take my breath away! You photograph so well, and your outfit is so so cute! x

http://www.heldtogetherbypins.blogspot.co.uk/

Samantha said...

These photos are so dreamy and beautiful, the lighting is absolutely ideal! You are looking beautiful as well, this outfit suits you wonderfully! The blue blouse paired with the full yellow skirt kind of reminds me of snow white, very romantic :)

Danny said...

Gosh how I missed seeing a girl wearing black tights. This outfit is super feminine and pretty, as usual :)

Karla said...

These photos are beautiful. I love this outfit/. I would LOVE for you to share this at "That's My Style" Link Party TOMORROW (every Friday) on my blog. Not comfortable sharing? Stop by anyway for beauty related post and fun DIY projects. I hope to see you there! :)

Karla @ www.MySerendipitousLife.com

libelula said...

Very beautiful photos and nice outfit! follow :)

Brittney @ True Vintage Love said...

This outfit is perfection! I love those two colors together!

♥, Brittney @ True Vintage Love
http://www.truevintagelove.com

The Braided Bandit said...

The blue and yellow look so sweet together and I am LOVING this location! Hope you're having an amazing day (and happy blogiversary!)
xo Hannah

thebraidedbandit.blogspot.com
thebraidedbandit.etsy.com

jana said...

I also love photos at golden hour, but I agree, it's a difficult time of day to actually have time to take the photos. I keep trying to take self-timer photos, but I can never manage to focus on myself, and they normally end up blurry. So yes, thank goodness for helpers :)
Also, loving the yellow, blue, and burgundy (brown??)!! Looks so fall-fresh! You definitely inspired me.

Jana

www.janagodin.blogspot.com

Alexandra Marie said...

Thanks Jana! Yes, golden hour can even be tricky with a photographer because getting the focus on you and not the sun flare is a tricky skill to master. With a tripod and self timer, I can't even imagine!

Latest Instagrams

© Into the Woods. Design by Fearne.