When Life Gives You Lemons

July 3, 2013

IMG_8976

IMG_8963

Today I am featuring this adorable handmade dress from Jintas. Molly, the woman behind the sewing machine, started by making dresses for fun. When she stumbled across Etsy, it was meant to be. Before she knew it a business was born!

This dress is perfect for summer. The material is super cool for the warm weather ( it was 98 degrees here yesterday!). And it's practically wrinkle free, which I love! I can't get over the fit of the dress- the sweetheart neckline is just the cutest. And the back of the bodice is stretchy so that the size is pretty flexible. You can find more of her beautiful dresses here.

IMG_8966

birds
IMG_8764IMG_8756
IMG_8787
Did you notice that my hair is a lot shorter today? I actually had it trimmed and then came straight to the lake to snap these pictures! So you may see that it is a little wet... well, that's why- haha. It was long overdue. Most girls with pixies say that you need a trim every two to three weeks. I managed to get over two months out of mine. Finally...hair taking forever to grow out is useful at last!

Are any of you a little confused about GFC? No worries! I'm here to enlighten you. The widget is still here and technically you can still "follow", however you will not receive any feed updates due to the fact that google reader has officially shut down. So in a way it is sort of like a dead link. Hope that helps!

IMG_8911

Collage2 Collage
IMG_8815
I was in the local grocery store the other day, when I spotted a little stand selling this lemonade. It immediately caught my eye ( notice the adorable vintage packaging). So, generously Hubert's Lemonade sent me three bottles to try out. Before I say anything more... I will be buying this lemonade again. And I have some great reasons why. First of all it's all natural- the ingredient list is smaller than an inch long- haha! The taste is phenomenal. I had the opportunity to try original, strawberry and blackberry. All of the flavors were great, but my favorite was definitely the strawberry. It has great tartness with the perfect balance of sweet! 

The story behind the company is the best! Back in 1935, Hubert went around to the studio lots and sold lemonade to the actors. The company has a motto, " If life gives you lemons, get a big truck." Hehe. If you are interested, you can see where they are sold here. They have a huge variety of flavors including, original, mango, limeade, cherry limeade, raspberry, strawberry, blackberry, etc.
IMG_9025

Dress: c/o Jintas
Flower crown: Handmade
Shoes: Payless
Special thank you to Hubert's Lemonade


Hope you all have a great 4th! Oh and something exciting: Whimsy Darling and I are now affiliates! You can check out their lovely blog here.
Beverly Houpt said...

B-E-A-U-T-I-F-U-L
What a great dress!

Rebecca Rae said...

I adore this dress! And now I'm craving lemonade...

Kellie said...

Those lemonades look delightful! I love the history behind it! :D

Bouncing Brunette said...

Love the dress! It looks really good on you :). Love the story behind the lemonade!

x Angela / www.bouncingbrunette.wordpress.com

Sacramento Amate said...

You are such a magic vision, dear Alexandra.
I do agree with you On GFC. As much as I like it, Google+ is the future. In a way just like GFC but with the best of Twitter and Facebook.
I would be delighted to add you as a friend in Google+

Mina LovesPizza said...

That dress is SO cute! All of the pictures are so pretty. And now I want lemonade!! =)
By the way, I said I would tell you when I posted my first fashion post....sorry I took so long! :) Here it is: http://minalovespizza.blogspot.com/2013/06/mission-w.html

Hannah said...

That dress is super cute! and so is your hair cut. :)

And the lemonade looks amazing!

Mabel said...

I love your hair. I had that same exact haircut for 5 years or so. Then I spent 3 years growing it out to below my bra band in the back, bleached it, destroyed it, then cut it to my shoulders. I'm tempted to get the pixie back again! It's so fun and cute. Also, I love your dress and that lemonade looks so cute :)

Mabel
Life of Mabel

Alex said...

I love that dress! The pattern on it is so pretty!

www.whimsydarling.com

Ice Girl said...

Beautiful dress. The setting of the photos is stunning! :) Also, yay for natural lemonade!

Carley Lee said...

Beautiful, Alexandra!
Your hair looks so great, especially with the flower headband (which works beautifully with your new dress!)
Lovely photos :)
Happy 4th!
-Carley
xx

Alexandra Marie said...

You are so sweet! Added you on google+ <3

Alexandra Marie said...

Thank you Mina!

Congratulations! You did a great job! Thank you for letting me know it was up <3

Alexandra Marie said...

Thank you Mabel <3 I bet you would adorable with a pixie! I must say, you look lovely with long hair as well- it is a big decision (as you already know!)

Jenna Condon said...

Alex this is my all time favorite fashion posts of yours! Its so cute, totally wanting your crown of flowers haha :) Plus totally wanting lemonade right now haahaha

Alexandra Marie said...

Aw, thank you! Yes- I'm wanting it right now too! haha

Linda Becaca said...

Oooh, I saw this same lemonade at Fred Meyer's the other day and it caught my eye as well! Maybe I'll go back and give it a try.
Anyway, love this adorable summer look girl, the light dress, leaf crown, and everything is perfect :)

Trendy Teal

Rebekah Bradford said...

Beautiful dress, love the flower crown, and that lemonade looks aaaamazing! probly 'cause it's so hot here too...

Alexandra Marie said...

Thank you so much! I'm so glad you have some nearby- definitely worth a try! They are amazing!

Roland D. Yeomans said...

Lemonade makes a hot day endurable! Lovely dress, even lovelier story behind the seamstress and business behind it. Have a GREAT 4th!

Abilaine said...

OH! This is so beautiful! Keep these post a comin' pleeeeeeeeeeeease! :D

Delvalina said...

This is my favorite too Alex :)

such girly things, and have picnic outdoor and reading books. My favorite style all the times.

I love your crown. Happy 4th July and blessing,
Delvalina

Bo said...

Beautiful photos and cute outfit! I love your style :)

xx Bo
http://aboutboblog.blogspot.com.au/

Stephanie said...

Darling little dress and your photos are fabulous! Hugs to you!

Rachelle Marie said...

Oh that dress is lovely! I want it! :) And your flower crown is so pretty...did you make it? Your hair looks beautiful! And so do the pictures...I think that this is my favorite post of yours! The photographs are stunning! <3
xoxo
Rachelle


Alexandra Marie said...

Thank you Rachelle! Yes, I did make it- it was super easy! I will have to post a tutorial.

If you like this dress you should stop by Molly's shop- she has really cute dresses and they are SO affordable!

Sara Strauss {Sincerely, Sara} said...

What a lovely dress! It's so pretty! These pictures are perfection and make me want to go on a picnic!

Following you via Bloglovin & Instagram!
~Sara
Sincerely, Sara

Imogen said...

This is such a gorgeous dress and the photos are beautiful .

Hannah Gottlieb-Graham said...

Oh my goodness, you look so adorable in this dress! I love the shots of you laying in the grass- and your haircut looks perfect! Can't get over how sweet you look! And I love that you added in the story of the lemonade!

Xo, Hannah

sweetsweetnoir.net

Marsya Aulia Rizkita said...

your outfit is perfect alex !
adore your flower crown :3

www.heymarsya.blogspot.com

justicepirate.com said...

That lemonade is so cute! I want to try some! I must search it out. As for the dress it is so lovely and reminds me of a 40s dress I had a couple years ago that had a similar print on it and similar cut (thought longer). How beautiful it looks on you. Very nice trim on your hair too. ;)
+Victoria+

Kristian said...

The dress is very cute but then, so is this entire photo shoot! Simply adorable.

Eccentric Owl said...

I swear, you just get better and better with each post! I LOVE the setting of this outfit, and the pictures, and the adorable lemonade that I now have to try (I saw it at the store the other day and loved the bottles, but didn't try it out), and your floral crown. You are so pretty.
I've been really inspired by the variety of shots you post, too, and I think I'll be trying to get a bit more variety in my photography because of you. ;)
xo
Kristina
www.eccentricowl.com

Alexandra Marie said...

Thank you so much Kristina! I'm am so honored that my pictures inspire you! Truly, it means the world!

Natalie said...

I love the dress! It's so nice that Molly discovered Etsy and can now sell her creations. And let's be honest: she's super talented. The dress looks great on you!

Hopefully Smashing said...

that last picture of you is super cute! That lemonade looks delicious.

The Pale Female said...

WOW I love your blog. All your photos and outfits are beautiful. xx

Michlyn said...

Beautiful pictures and outfit as always! :) I read this post a while ago and saw how good that lemonade looked. Funny thing is last week I went grocery shopping with my mom and saw the same lemonade going down an aisle. I was like "Oh my gosh, Alex posted this on her blog I have to try it!" And you're so right, it's amazing. :) Always look forward to seeing your posts!

xoxo,
~Michlyn

Alexandra Marie said...

Thanks Michlyn! Oh my goodness, how fun! I'm glad you got to try it:-)

Latest Instagrams

© Into the Woods. Design by Fearne.