Summer Soiree

July 7, 2013

IMG_0186
Collage



Yesterday one of my very dear friends graduated and I had the honor of attending her lovely ceremony. The set up ( as you can see) was so darling! And the party took place aside this beautiful lake. Can you say amazing?

IMG_0193

IMG_0219

I purchased this dress back in December for a Christmas party. It was sort of a desperate buy because at the time they only were carrying it in extra smalls. I can literally hardly breathe in it- haha! 

Oh and I can't forget the hat! One buck, Ladies! I've been looking everywhere for a cute floppy hat. Who knew I'd find one in a dollar store?

IMG_0225

IMG_0232

IMG_0252

IMG_0253

IMG_0276

IMG_0291

IMG_0389 Collage2

IMG_0394

Dress: Forever 21
Hat: 99 cent store
Earrings: Gift
Shoes: Payless

Becca said...

Gorgeous! You look lovely (very Audrey Hepburn) and the setting is amazing!

-Becca
Ladyface Blog

Stephanie said...

Oh how fun! And you look like Audrey Hepburn in the black and white photo - absolutely beautiful :)

Hugs to you!

StickersandSkirts said...

Wow that party looks amazing and super fun! The dress is really pretty, aw too bad it's small and the hat is amazing! It's so fashionable

Amy McLarty said...

That hat looks adorable on you, my dear. Aaaaand I also want that taffy.

Love, Amy

Hannah said...

So cute!

Delvalina said...

Oh my I love your outfit the dress and outfit.

Such a classic darling girl :)

well, I love the place too.

Blessing!

Jenna Condon said...

oH MY Goodness :) I've been wanting a hat like that forever!!!! I think I might have to go get one haha

Rebekah Bradford said...

Ok, this is one of my favorite outfits that you've worn! it's so simple, but beautiful! Your makeup is especially beautiful today as well. That graduation looks like it was in a beautiful spot too. And $1 for the hat? Awesome! (I actually got my big floppy hat for the same!)

Dreamer Clara^^ said...

OMG! So so lovely ceremony! Love your outfit! Photos are so perfect! And yeah, i can say amazing! <3

. . .
Dreamer Clara^^
http://dreamersuniverse.blogspot.com/

Free Facebook Likes said...

I have also liked the article and topic. Its a beautiful website for all tech people. I also Use this Get Likes
to promote on Facebook Google, Twitter and LinkedIn. and Tech Blog These days its good to share your posts to social networking sites.

Kristian said...

The black on black of the hat and dress look very fashionable and elegant. Congrats to your friend.

Katherine said...

In love with this post and your dress!!
Looks like a fabulous graduation :D

Alexandra Marie said...

Thanks Rebekah! I know right? I was so excited!

Alexandra Marie said...

They had a lot of colors too- if you are ever near Poway, definitely worth a stop!

Alexandra Marie said...

Thanks <3 It was really fun. Alas, I am sad over the fact that it small- but a girls gotta do what a girls gotta do, right? Haha

Alexandra Marie said...

Goodness, you just made my day! Audrey is my favorite actress ever- thank you <3

Alexandra Marie said...

Thanks Becca! I appreciate you saying that! I'm a huge Audrey fan!

Mabel said...

I've been looking everywhere for a hat like that! You look exactly like Julia Roberts in the black and white photo. I thought it was her! Your friend's party looks lovely :)

Mabel
Life of Mabel

Sammi said...

You look STRIKINGLY like Audrey Hepburn in that black and white photo!! You look gorgeous, and what an adorable graduation party!

xox Sammi
www.thesoubrettebrunette.blogspot.com

Alexandra Marie said...

How funny! Thank you so much- I really appreciate that <3 It's weird because ever since I was little, people have said I looked like Julia. My family was sure when I chopped my hair that I wouldn't get that anymore- haha!

Christy Sidorova said...

beautiful photos)In love with them)

xoxo Christy

Hannah Gottlieb-Graham said...

Wow, I love your friend's pretty decorations! And I can't get over the lovely black and white shot of you standing over the glistening lake... Talk about Audrey Hepburn! You look sensational!

Xo, Hannah

sweetsweetnoir.net

bouncingbrunette said...

How fun! And you look so beautiful!

x Angela / bouncingbrunette.wordpress.com

Eccentric Owl said...

That black and white picture is SO classic, and you look so much like Audrey Hepburn in it! Gorgeous. I would seriously blow up the picture and frame it on my wall. I love it! And what a fun little party your friend had! I love outdoor parties. I just threw my husband a hobbit-themed outdoor birthday party, and I'm so sad I didn't get many pictures of it because it was so fun!
I hope you're having a lovely day!
xo
Kristina
www.eccentricowl.com

Alexandra Marie said...

That is so sweet, thank you! What a great idea for a party! I'll bet it was super fun to plan!

Kelle said...

I love a good summer party. Especially with lanterns by a lake and a darling dress. You rock that haircut, girl. Beautiful!

Ice Girl said...

The party sounds simply wonderful! And I love the dress.

14 Shades of Grey said...

I'm dropping by after seeing a link to your blog on Eccentric Owl. Your photography is gorgeous! Do you mind telling me what camera and lens you use? Thanks!

Alexandra Marie said...

Thank you so much <3 I use a canon T3i (not to be confused with a T3) with a canon 50 mm 1.4 lens. Thanks for stopping by!

Miss Elizabeth said...

Your dress is so cute! Everyone needs a "little black dress" and I'm still trying to find mine. :) And what a beautiful place for a graduation ceremony!

Carley Lee said...

As many have already mentioned, you are very much channeling the ever-classy Audrey Hepburn in this outfit. I'm in love with these photos! You look so beautiful in timeless way - absolutely stunning, Alex!
-Carley
xx

Louise said...

You look so elegant, and that hat reaaly suits you =)

Ps: i'm doing a fashion-related survey for my dissertation, 5 mins, much much help ♥ https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/2SQNKSV

Alexandra Marie said...

Thanks Louise! For some reason the link isn't working. Any ideas why?

Christy C said...

Oh my goodness! These pictures are simply GORGEOUS!!! You are such a beautiful lady, and this outfit is perfection. I love the hat!! I'm so glad I found your blog today... new follower :)

Christy
Sunny with A Side of...

Irela said...

I cant believe that hat is only a dollar?!? It looks awesome! Great find indeed!

Jessica said...

Your blog is amazing! Your photos are beautiful and I'm loving your style. Will follow via Bloglovin.

-Jessica
www.thischarmingwanderer.com

Raewyn said...

Oh my word, Alex...you look like Audrey Hepburn in that dress! So beautiful -and I love, love your LBD. If we ever get a chance to meet up, I'll probably ask you to dress like Audrey for a photoshoot! ;)

Alexandra Marie said...

Thank you so much Christy! I'm so glad you commented, just found your blog as well and I am in love!

Alexandra Marie said...

Thank you! And thanks for following along!

Alexandra Marie said...

Aww, thanks- that would be so much fun!!

Heather Morris said...

I love the black and white picture..it is my favorite. Who takes your pictures?
Heathersthriftycloset.blogspot.com

Alexandra Marie said...

Thanks Heather! My sister and my mom trade off from week to week. I am so grateful for them!

Ilana Morgan said...

you look stunning these are great pics!
xo Ilana @ My Modern Vintage

Latest Instagrams

© Into the Woods. Design by Fearne.