Meet Me at The Fair

July 10, 2013

IMG_9224

IMG_9226

IMG_9159

One of my favorite things to do in the Summer is go to the fair. I love everything about it- the exhibits, the colors, the food. It is just one of those things that always makes this time of year complete for me. 

This beautiful romper was sent to me from  Lizzie of  Brass Feather. Brass Feather sells vintage clothes with a bit of a Boho/Free People vibe. In addition Lizzie makes an assortment of lovely, custom denim shorts. 

I am so in love with this romper. I might go as far as to say it is one of my favorite things in my wardrobe right now. The soft purple and pink florals are wonderful for Summer or Spring (I love a piece that can go for several seasons)! Pair the sweetheart neckline with those pearl buttons and there you have it: instant perfection- ha! 

Make sure and take a peek at Lizzie's shop!

IMG_9180

IMG_9194

IMG_9202

I finally braved violet lipstick! I've been debating it for a while now, but I figured the fair would be the best place to try something colorful and new, right? Turns out I really love it! 

Collage2
IMG_9292

IMG_9255

IMG_9267

IMG_9270

IMG_9412

IMG_9483
Collage

IMG_9514

Romper: c/o Brass Feather
Shirt: Old
Earrings: Gift
Ring: Old
Shoes: Payless


I had some time to shoot a few video clips- they are pretty shaky but I thought you all might enjoy it anyways. Happy Wednesday!

Sacramento Amate said...

Lovely pics, and glorious you ever time Alexandra.
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Maria - Crafty Owl said...

This is a really cute outfit.
I love that romper and the pictures are amazing!

Maria x

http://craftyowl93.blogspot.com.es/

Hannah said...

I love this so much! The fair is the most amazing pace on earth!

Amy McLarty said...

You look so sweet! I love the fair. I look forward to it every year so I can get cotton candy and a candy apple. Yum!

Love, Amy

Melissa said...

Most gorgeous pictures, as usual!! :) The outfit is absolutely adorable. I love the romper and you wear it so well.

Stephanie said...

Cute outfit and excellent photos! I love the one of you and the stuffed caterpillar :) Your video was great - thanks for sharing.

Hugs to you!

Becca said...

This looks like so much fun! I definitely have to hit up the summer fairs when they start up this year. Love that romper- it fits like a dream!

-Becca
Ladyface Blog

Brittney Ann said...

I love the fair! But unfortuantly we barely get to go =( But anyway you look gorgeous! Love that lipstick color on you.

Carley Lee said...

Beautiful outfit and beautiful photos, Alex!
I wish I could share your love for fairs, but they freak me out a bit. I think it's because all the fairs in my area are a bit sketchy.
That romper is sooo perfect! You wear it so well!
-Carley
xx

Poem Girl said...

Aw looks like you had fun,
I loved the pictures and the cinematography video
The music you chose was both beautiful and perfect
for it :D
Au Revoir
Sarah

Lizzie Turner said...

Thanks again Alexandra! I love how you styled it, and also love the bold violet lipstick! It's one of my favorite make-up trends this season.

Beverly Houpt said...

Ah, so fun! Wish we had a carnival here :)

Rebecca Tan said...

Oh I am simply in love with everything about this post. What a perfect day out! I too simply adore the fair and roaming around in the most adorable romper suit is just complete bliss!! All of these photos are amazing too! You captured the day perfectly! Really felt like I was almost there!

xxx Rebecca

Rebecca Rae said...

I absolutely adore this pictures! They're so colorful and fun! And, a great outfit, as always!

Jessi said...

I love the video! These photos are so cute with the ferris wheel in the background - perfection! And I'm loving that romper, it's gorgeous! Violet lipstick looks wonderful on you too.
Jessi
http://haircutandgeneralattitude.blogspot.com

Rebekah Bradford said...

AHHH! I love fairs!!!! So many of my best memories are from fairs :) So yeah, love these pictures!

Sara, Swing The Day Away said...

I absolutely LOVE fairs/carnivals/festivals. Summer is not summer without going to a carnival and eating fried dough and smelling all the tasty foods all intermingled together. I love the bright lights and sounds too. It's one of my favorite places to take pictures at. I'm actually going to be posting about it soon as I've gone to a couple of fairs recently! I really love your shots of the carousel. And also...that lipstick looks great on you! I've been trying to step out of my comfort zone in trying to wear more lipstick.

Delvalina said...

You look classic there my friend.

You captured everything beautiful there.

Blessing,

Delvalina

Heather Morris said...

Adorable! I just bought a shirt just like that
Heathersthirftycloset.blogspot.com

Kristian said...

That first picture of you- so perfect! The ferris wheel frames you amazingly. Love this wholeoutfit; it is so perfectly matched to the location.

Hannah Gottlieb-Graham said...

Ah, I love the constant excitement of the fair, too! Did you go on any fun rides? You look beyond perfect in this romper, and I really love the shot of you eating the cotton candy! Definitely going to check out Lizzie's shop.

Xo, Hannah

sweetsweetnoir.net

Alyssa Molin-Graves said...

Omigoodness, I love that you took these photos at a carnival, what a perfect backdrop! I love all of the colors, the cotton candy, the Ferris wheel in the background, it's just amazing. I really like the way you styled this outfit and that hat- so cute! You really have such great style and know just how to pair things to really make it all pop!

xo, Alyssa
www.butterfliesonmars.blogspot.com

Naomi Peffer said...

After this I have the sudden urge to watch Meet Me in St. Louis

Patterned Love

Jodi Pops said...

so beautiful! you are stunning and these photographs are amazing xxxxx

Alexandra Marie said...

Ahh, I love candy apples too- I had a hard time choosing- haha!

Alexandra Marie said...

Thank you! Aw, what a shame! That must be a bummer- but I can definitely see why you might feel that way!

Alexandra Marie said...

Thank you Lizzie! I am so glad that you are happy with the feature!

Alexandra Marie said...

Thank you Rebecca! I'm so glad, that was the feel I was going for!

Alexandra Marie said...

Oh my goodness, I can't wait to see your fair post! Let me know when it is up!

And thank you so much! I've been trying to do the same- honestly it really does feel liberating sometimes- I almost feel more confident when I wear bold lipsticks- weird right?

Alexandra Marie said...

Thank you! Yes, I did! There were some super fun rides, but my all time favorite is the Crazy Mouse- it's the best fair roller coaster ever- hahaha!

Alexandra Marie said...

Thank you so much Alyssa! I probably made my family crazy, but I couldn't help it- who can resist outfit pics at such an amazing place? Haha

Alexandra Marie said...

LOVE that movie! "Our state fair is a great state fair.." o.k., sorry- my moment is over- ha!

Hopefully Smashing said...

Great pictures as usual! I love the cotton candy ones, so cute!

Ira Kharchenko said...

Amazing pics! So pretty:)

bloglovin.com/blog/3880191

Jeanette GLoves said...

Great photos, you look studding.

http://jeanettegloves.blogspot.com/

heidi said...

The outfit is way cute! And isn't fair food the best food in the world.

Heidi’s Wanderings

Irela said...

I love this post, I haven't been to the fair in a while but it's always one of the funnest places for me. Lots of cotton candy, ice cream, elephant ears and churros, IT'S PERFECTION!

Polly Bland said...

I love how bright and cheery these are! I just went to the fair in my hometown and it was so nice to be home. I love the photo of you eating the cotton candy, haha! I am a new follower via gfc & bloglovin! Thank you for your comment on my blog! Let's keep in touch and be friends! :)

love, polly
pollybland.com

Alexandra Marie said...

Thanks! Yes, it is so amazing! I just wish it cost less- haha

Alexandra Marie said...

Thank you Polly! So glad to have you following along!

Maria Hobson said...

Love the denim and romper combo!

theycallthewindm.blogspot.com

Haylee said...

What type of camera do you use? All of your pictures on your blog are seriously gorgeous. And I LOVE that adorable floral romper by the way. You need to try out for America's Next Top Model! You totally remind me of one of the contestants, I just can't think of who right now and it's driving me crazy. ha but you seriously should!

Alexandra Marie said...

Thank you so much! You are so sweet <3 I use a Canon T3i ( not to be confused with a T3) with a canon 50 mm 1.4 lens :-)

Latest Instagrams

© Into the Woods. Design by Fearne.