DIY Pinwheel Necklace

July 14, 2013

Diy pinwheel necklace
Collage1. You'll need a piece of colored paper ( paper with a different color backing works best), scissors, a glue gun, a chain with a fastener at the end, a bead ( I used a faux pearl), and a pair of jewelry pliers. 2. Cut the paper into a 2" inch square and make roughly 1" slits from each corner to the center. 3. Fold down the left corner of each triangle so that they meet in the center. Secure with a dot of glue. 4. Dot some hot glue into the center of the pinwheel and press on the bead. 5. (Pictured below) poke a tiny hole on the back of the pinwheel near the edge with your scissors. With the chain already attached, slip the fastener into the hole. You can poke a second hole with the end of the fastener once it is in the paper (this will seem less complicated when you are actually doing it ;-). Squeeze the fastener shut with jewelry pliers.

IMG_9844
IMG_9850

IMG_9875b
Hopefully Smashing said...

Very cute and simple, definitely trying this!

Hannah Gottlieb-Graham said...

Oh my goodness this is the cutest DIY! I'm in love!

Xo, Hannah

sweetsweetnoir.net

Dreamer Clara^^ said...

Amazing idea! I´ll try it certainly! :) Thank you Alex ;) <3
. . .
Dreamer Clara^^
http://dreamersuniverse.blogspot.com/

bouncingbrunette said...

Such a cute and lovely idea!

I also nominated you for a Liebster Award!
http://bouncingbrunette.wordpress.com/2013/07/15/liebster-award/

x Angela / BouncingBrunette.wordpress.com

Kathryn said...

Great idea! I can't wait to try it!

Serenella ch said...

OMG really cute *w*


Niente di Serio

Alex said...

Such a cute and easy project! I'm the worst at misplacing/breaking jewelry so something like this is the perfect solution for me!

www.whimsydarling.com

Amy McLarty said...

Definitely going to have to take this little project on!

Love, Amy

Becca said...

Oh I love making pinwheels! I was just admiring a pinwheel necklace over the weekend and now think I might have to try making one myself!

-Becca
Ladyface Blog

Stephanie said...

Simple, cute, and extremely adorable! And I love your nail polish :)

Hugs!

Sara Strauss {Sincerely, Sara} said...

This is adorable! I need to make this immediately!
~Sara
Sincerely, Sara

Rebekah Bradford said...

what a great idea! Love it!

Delvalina said...

This is simple and beautiful. Thanks for sharing...

I would love to try this!

Blessing
Delvalina

Linda B said...

This is such a cute pinwheel DIY! Love it :)

Enter to win a Snoozer Loser pendant!
The Dragonfruit Diaries

Jessi said...

Oh my goodness this is darling!! And it seems super easy too! My favorite kind of project :) Can't wait to see you style it
Jessi
http://haircutandgeneralattitude.blogspot.com

Latest Instagrams

© Into the Woods. Design by Fearne.