Blogger Stylist's Collective

July 17, 2013

IMG_6840

IMG_6854

IMG_6866

I was so excited when Kellie asked me to be a part of her Blogger Stylist's Collective! For those of you who don't know, Kellie is a blogger who sells beautiful handmade clothing! A few other bloggers and I all had the opportunity to style this incredible skirt from her Spring/Summer 2013 line. Let me just say, I have had way too much fun with this piece. Wearing it makes me feel like Cinderella! 

The packaging that the skirt came in was so cute! Everything had such a unique, vintage feel!  

The skirt itself SO well made- Kellie gives so much attention to detail! There are several layers of Tulle so that it looks really romantic and full! The slip underneath is really sturdy and nice quality. My grandmother also made a comment about the excellent stitching (grandmother approved ladies!) 

Be sure and see how these other lovely girls styled this skirt!

And of course our leading lady, 

IMG_6879

IMG_6882

IMG_6817
IMG_7099
Funny story! These pictures were actually taken at the Hospital where my aunt is staying. In the middle of our shooting, a security guard pulled up his car and told us we needed to stop! Apparently several people around the hospital grounds had called in on us- don't people have anything better to do? Then the security guard started questioning my sister and I as to what room my aunt was in, the number and the letter, the hospital or the villa ( he was so patronizing!) I'm sure I looked very threatening dressed like this- haha, the life of a fashion blogger! 
IMG_6902

IMG_6912

IMG_6917

IMG_7002

IMG_7015

In addition I filmed my first ever Style Diary. I apologize for the poor quality- it's our first try with video!




Shoes: Payless
Hat: Grandma's

*Use the code "INTOTHEWOODS" to receive $20 off your purchase at Kellie Falconer Design!
*Valid until July 31st

BSCollective
bouncingbrunette said...

Another lovely outfit! And those pictures are simply stunning.

x Angela / bouncingbrunette.wordpress.com

Delvalina said...

Oh my goodness! I am totally in love with this outfit :) I'm checking the Esty right now.

The place is so stunning.

Have a blessed day Alex.

Delvalina

Melissa said...

Gorgeous!! Love that skirt. And boo on that nasty security guard.

Kristian said...

You look SOOOO incredibly dreamy. That first photo especially is to die for.

And what a good endorsement you gave for this gorgeous skirt.

KC said...

So gorgeous. I love your outfit. So feminine, light and comfy. :)
Great photos too. :)

Kisses
http://yourfashiontroubleshootingguide.blogspot.com ♥

Alex said...

I'm in love with that skirt! I've been looking for a good tule skirt for a while now.

whimsydarling.com

Abilaine said...

So beautiful! Loved the little vid! :D

Rebekah Bradford said...

Wow, just so beautiful! I love it! Lovely skirt and you styled it so beautifully! You really do look like a princess :)

Sue @ A Colourful Canvas said...

Kellie made a brilliant decision in asking you to style one of her beautiful garments! You look absolutely a vision...very pretty! What were those people thinking?!!! Could they not just sit back and appreciate beauty when they see it? Enough of my rant though...your photos are lovely, your styling with the romper and hat; just right!

Becca said...

Lovely photos. That skirt is amazing!

-Becca
Ladyface Blog

Psycho Cat said...

This is gorgeous, I love everything about this outfit and pictures. You look so romantic :)

Winnie Nielsen said...

Alexandra, this is so perfect for the KFD Tulle skirt! Your video was great fun and creative with the lovely french song to carry us along. I loved your styling of the skirt and all of the fabulous details that you included in the event. You were brilliant!

Van Nguyen said...

I like how you styled this beautiful tulle skirt. You look like you've jumped out from another era. Love your model poses. I enjoyed that video.

Natasha Marie said...

How lovely! I enjoyed seeing you style Kellie's skirt so much, and these pictures are beautiful! As are you:) Loved the video!

Vicki said...

This outfit is beautiful! and so are the pictures!
It's too bad about the security guard! I know I would have gotten really irritated about the whole thing. I'm glad you were still able to get some brilliant photos, though!

~Vicki
Decked Out in Ruffles

mycreativetouch said...

I love this outfit! The tulle and floral design are gorgeous paired together. And of course, your photos are quite something :-) I'll definitely be coming back to read more!
Esther
www.mycreativetouch.wordpress.com

Linda B said...

Oh wow, that skirt is gorgeous! I love the hat you're wearing too :)

The Dragonfruit Diaries

Bianca Marquez said...

I love the way you made such an elegant almost princess-y looking skirt look so natural and easy going. It's absolutely beautiful. By the way Scathingly Brilliant sent me here and I'm happy to say I'm a new follower!

-Bianca

The Impossibly Cute
http://theimpossiblycuteblog.blogspot.com/

Carley Lee said...

Everything about this outfit is so stunning, Alex! You styled the skirt beautifully and wore it well :)
I love the story about the security guard. I had a similar experience on a property my friend's and I thought was 'abandoned'... we were wrong. It was awkward. We survived.
Love the video, too! You are so elegant :)
-Carley
xx

retro clothing said...

This looks absolutely incredible, wonderful skirt, i like this type of fashion I'll definitely try it out sometime
vintage clothing

Two Happy Hearts said...

Stunning photos! I love the way you've styled the skirt - that hat is so pretty!
And what a funny story about the security guard! I've definitely gotten into trouble while taking blog photos too, haha! It's part of the fun, I suppose ;)

Kenziefaith said...

It's a shame you got in trouble for taking pictures here - It's a stunning location! Love the way you styled the skirt!!

Alexandra Marie said...

Thank you! Yes, I suppose that's true! After it happened I thought, oh well now I have a fun story to tell on the blog- ha!

Alexandra Marie said...

Thank you so much! Oh wow, that must have not been fun! I guess those are the chances we take to get good pictures, right? Haha

Alexandra Marie said...

Thank you Bianca! So glad to have you following along <3

Alexandra Marie said...

Aww, you are so sweet! Haha, my family thinks it was probably the most excitement he had gotten in a while, patrolling a hospital I suppose wouldn't be much fun anyways- that may have been the joy of his whole week or something-lol.

Kellie said...

Alexandra, it's so beautiful! You and Chloe are so incredibly talented. And I absolutely adored the video. <3
--K
Accordion to Kellie

Kiana McCourt said...

Love this outfit, it is so lovely!

Kiana
http://finchandfawn.blogspot.com/

Dreamer Clara^^ said...

Love the outfit! :) Like always! <3
. . .
Dreamer Clara^^
http://dreamersuniverse.blogspot.com/

A.Michelle said...

This may seem like a silly question, but did you approach sponsors or did they approach you? I think I might try to get some sponsors for my blog, and I was wondering how you went about it.

www.thepreppylittlepolkadot.blogspot.com

Lauren said...

1. I adore this outfit. I want to wear it now.
2. You are bad news for me, because you're totally making me want to cut my hair short again! Staahp. Haha but you are adorable with it! :)

Alexandra Marie said...

Aw, thank you! You should do it! Haha- maybe I'm a bad influence :-b

A.Michelle said...

Thanks for comment! It was really helpful.

www.thepreppylittlepolkadot.blogspot.com

Alexandra Marie said...

You are very welcome! I am so glad <3

Grace Klahn said...

That's a really pretty outfit!! at first I thought it was a dress.

Cia!
Grace

Bel said...

Your blog is exceptionally stunning, love these photos, you look beautiful, and that hat is wonderful! Following you on GFC, can't wait to see more lovely photos like this!

http://www.ragsoflove.com/ xx

Alexandra Marie said...

Thank you so much! Glad to have you as a new follower!

CecilyAC said...

I stumbled across your blog on modcloth and absolutely love it! It is one of the nicest I've seen. Loved your movie, too.
Your outfit reminded me of Scarlett O'Hara, but may be that's because I'm a Southern girl.

Cecily
http://stylebycecily.blogspot.com/

Alexandra Marie said...

That is so sweet! And I see what you mean- haha!

Is It Secret, Is It Safe said...

Great outfit! I think that's the perfect summer hat!

-Katie

mai stor said...

amazing outfit!! i love your skirt so much! <3
follow?
http://stormia-fashion.blogspot.com/

Photostorming said...

Your outfits, pics and your face are amazing!

If you like lace, feel free to enter to my giveaway featured with lace garments, today is the last day!

http://photostorms.blogspot.com/2013/07/my-first-giveaway.html

Hannah Gottlieb-Graham said...

You are too beautiful for words!! I am totally dying over your hat, and the video turned out so so cute!! I'm always a fan of full skirts, and this one looks beautifully-made and fits you like a dream!

Xo, Hannah

sweetsweetnoir.net

justicepirate.com said...

That is so funny about the security guard telling you to stop taking photos. Your outfit is so dreamy and makes me want to have some tea outside (I'm not a caffeine drinker at all. . or tea in general)
+Victoria+

norafinds said...

OHMAGERD THESE PHOTOS ARE SO BEAUTIFULLL!!!

NoraFinds

Latest Instagrams

© Into the Woods. Design by Fearne.