6th Street

July 24, 2013

IMG_0425

IMG_0427

IMG_0439

IMG_0440

Happy Wednesday Ladies! Have you all been having a terrific Summer? I don't know about your Girls, but around here the heat is CRAZY! Just this week alone has been in the late 90's early 100's. Never the less, I am trying to enjoy it. I always miss the warmth when Winter rolls around.

The jumper I am wearing was made by me :-) Although I am a little embarrassed to say that- you can probably tell it is really badly sewn. Like I always say, sometimes they turn out, sometimes they don't. It must go along with not using a pattern. I need to train myself to be better about using them. I just never seem to do well when I use one. 

IMG_0444

IMG_0455

Collage

I picked this blouse up at Forever 21 and have been dying to share it on here. I am a big sucker for cute novelty prints- haha.

IMG_0480

IMG_0491

IMG_0502


IMG_0525

IMG_0571

Jul
Jumper: Handmade
Blouse: Forever 21
Shoes: Walmart
Belt: Forever 21
Hat: Dollar Store
Kayla said...

I love the mix of colours and that hat is perfect for the summer weather :)

xx
stylevancity

Van Nguyen said...

In the pictures, the jumper looks good. I love it with the quirky print.

justicepirate.com said...

It doesn't look badly sewn at all! It looks beautiful!!! Nice!!
+Victoria+

Mabel said...

I don't know anything about sewing and I think your dress looks great! Good job :)

Mabel
Life of Mabel

FrancineL said...

I love the jumper! Well done :) And the hot air balloons - classic!

Francine

Hannah Gottlieb-Graham said...

Oh my goodness, your style keeps getting cuter and cuter! I'm so impressed that you made this dress without a pattern- every time I sew I use one, and I'm a bit afraid to go outside of my comfort zone and try making clothes without one! I love the color and the cut, and it looks like it fits you very well :)

Xo, Hannah

sweetsweetnoir.net

Alexandra Marie said...

Thank you so much, Hannah! I can totally understand- it is pretty scary to make something without a pattern, especially if you are using more expensive materials. So far I've only sewn pattern"less" with fabric I've found around the home- haha.

Linda B said...

You're a vintage dream! I love that rich red dress and how you layered a blouse underneath. Plus, a floppy hat to top things off? Perfect :)

The Dragonfruit Diaries

Beverly Houpt said...

So cute!! I'm loving the sheer blouse underneath this dress.

Katie said...

Beautiful look! xx

Bethany Carson said...

Great job on the dress! That is a beautiful outfit! :)

Poem Girl said...

Hey Alexandra,
Because of you I tried some Hubert's lemonade and
guess what...it's everything you said it was!
It's the best I've ever had and our Hyvee now sells
it I'm definitely going to be getting more!
Thanks for that!
Your Friend
Sarah

Sara, Swing The Day Away said...

I love prints with hot air balloons! I've been seeing lots of fun novelty prints coming from Forever 21 lately. I haven't been there in months, which is sort of odd for me but I've been meaning to take a mall trip soon! By the way...I think your jumper looks great! I love the color and I love how jumpers look layered over collared shirts. :)

Rebekah Bradford said...

No way! That shirt has been sitting in my F21 shopping cart forever--I just need to buy it! And I always imagined styling it like that--love it!

Rochelle N said...

Love the hot air balloons! ♥

Kristian said...

Such a fantastic look. Love the ribbon as a tie and girl, you do hats like no other!

Abilaine said...

Love this. It is so cute on you especially!
And the little hot air balloons are so sweet.

Alexandra Marie said...

Yea! I am so glad!

Alexandra Marie said...

Buy it! You won't be sorry <3 It's super versatile and great for this Summer weather <3

KC said...

Great photos and I love the color of your dress :)

Kisses
http://yourfashiontroubleshootingguide.blogspot.com ♥

Carley Lee said...

You look so radiant in these photos, Alex!
I remember reading somewhere about your new blouse from Forever21 with the hot air balloons on it, and when I visited Forever21 the other day, I saw it and thought of you!
I love the way you've styled it here :)
Beautiful, as always!
-Carley
xx

Stylishly Sierra said...

You are just so gorgeous! I absolutely adore this outfit. (:

♥ Sierra x
http://stylishlysierra.blogspot.com/

mai stor said...

amazing outfit!! i love it- so creative! i love your blog so much! <3
follow?
http://stormia-fashion.blogspot.com/
kisses, Mai ! ♥

Lindsey Louise Bales said...

ah, you are just glowing here! you haircut is so beautiful, you make me want a short pixie cut again!

lindsey louise

hellomrrabbitblog.com

Vanessa said...

Wow,amazing outfit.*__*
Thank you so much for the follow.
Follow you back on bloglovin and gfc,too.
Do you also follow me on gfc?
Lovely greets

Alexandra Marie said...

Thank you! Followed you on GFC <3

Alexandra Marie said...

Thank you Vanessa! Yes, I follow you on GFC as well :-)

Aino said...

A Beautiful dress!
Great pics!

Path to my Wardrobe

Christy Okeefe said...

I love the length on that dress! So hard to find modest dresses these days! Beautiful outfit.

Alexandra Marie said...

Yes! It really is so hard!

Alexandra Marie said...

Aww, that is so sweet! Thank you <3

Hopefully Smashing said...

Oh my gosh this whole outfit is so cute. I love the shirt and that jumper turned out really well! Great pictures and outfit as always!

The Boyer Family said...

Adorable! Floppy hats are really perfection when it comes to vintage style + classiness.
It doesn't look like you did at all a bad job with your jumper! It's really adorable, and the color is quite smashing on you!
The print of that blouse is perfection! I'm with you on novelty prints! *swoon*

-Charlotte
boyerfamilysingers.blogspot.com

Latest Instagrams

© Into the Woods. Design by Fearne.