Somewhere in Time

June 19, 2013

IMG_5358

IMG_5406

Happy Thursday Ladies! As we move along into late June life seems to be in full swing! The pictures for this post were self portraits this time around. Fellow fashion bloggers: for those of you who use a self timer and tripod every week... kudos to you! This was one of the most difficult and tiring things to be doing on a hot, sticky Summer day- haha. Hopefully I won't have to do it again- between the gnats, spider webs in the trees, muddy dirt and running back and fourth, well let's just say it wasn't so much of a "lovely" June day- lol. Anyways, I'll stop complaining and turn the subject to a more happy note!

Today I am featuring this beautiful skirt sent to me from Jaci of Paper Darlings. Paper Darlings is an Etsy shop that sells pretty much everything vintage! It's a great place to pick up nick knacks and decor for your home and something to lovely to wear while your at it! She has several pages of different treasures, so make sure you see them all!

This skirt is so lovely. The length is super nice. I find it very difficult to discover skirts in good lengths these days, especially for us tall ladies ;-) Best part? It has pockets! Pockets always have a way of making me very happy. The material is really nice for summer and so is the pretty sky blue color! I titled this post, " Somewhere in Time" because the outfit reminds me of something Elise Mkenna would wear ( in a more modern version of course ;-) Have any of you seen that movie? One of my faves!


IMG_5210

IMG_5195

IMG_5294

IMG_5624
Be sure and check out my latest post on Beautiful in God's Eyes
IMG_4970

IMG_4959

IMG_5430

Skirt: Courtesy of Paper Darlings
Blouse: Kohls
Pearls: Gift
Shoes: Ebay
Hat: Target

Friendly reminder! GFC is closing! If you would like to continue receiving updates from Into the Woods, head on over to Bloglovin' and give me a follow!

Follow on Bloglovin
Beverly Houpt said...

haha, self timing can be tiresome! But I feel that it is rewarding, and that I am able to get really good shots without having to explain my process to anyone! But it's also nice to have someone help. I feel that photos go a lot faster that way :) These are good!

Sacramento Amate said...

Pretty and romantic outfit.
I love the skirt and lacey top.
You blend so beautifully with nature, Alexandra.
Every pic is pure joy.
Following you in Bloglovin too.
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Danielle Villano said...

Beautiful outfit! Love the lace top paired with the skirt. Thanks for sharing :)

Best,
Danielle
http://awriterinlove.blogspot.com

Hilda said...

Beautiful outfit, and aww, I love the picture of you smiling at the.. Lizard?

Coco said...

You irradiate beauty and love!!
xoxo
Coco et La vie en rose
Coco et La vie en rose on Bloglovin
Coco et La vie en rose on Facebook

Kathryn said...

Lovely outfit! You look all ready for summer :)

Stephanie said...

Stunning outfit! The skirt is adorable and your lace top is to die for - gorgeous! You make taking pictures look so easy...I struggle with taking photos of me for my blog, I guess that's why I don't do it often, just when I make an article of clothing :)

Have a beautiful day!

Christy Okeefe said...

Yes! I love the length of the skirt! It is so hard to find a cute, but modest skirt! This is both! Love the whole outfit through and through!:)
-Christy

rosina palesado said...

gorgeous :) xxx

rorolovesbeauty.blogspot.com

Storyteller said...

Love that skirt!! Such a pretty blue!! :)

Katherine said...

Oh my you look so cute!! Love the outfit and the pictures! Keep em coming. ;)

Kellie said...

Lovely photos! Even though self-timers are tricky, wow...nevertheless, you seem to have completely nailed it!! The lighting is gorgeous, I can definitely take some photo pointers from you.

And the outfit is gorgeous! I've never seen Somewhere in Time, but I've been to the Grand Hotel on Mackinaw Island where it was filled. Pretty posh stuff. :)

Dreamer Clara^^ said...

So cute pics! You look like princess. You´re amazing girl! :) Love your hat! <3 And i´m really inlove with your smile! :) <3
. . .
Dreamer Clara^^
http://dreamersuniverse.blogspot.com/

Abilaine said...

This is so beautiful and the colours are darling on you. LOVE the hat!

~Abilaine

Jessi said...

Your comment on my last post was so sweet :) Yours is one of those blogs I check often too! Your vintage style is so inspiring to me! I absolutely love this skirt, the color and length are perfect! I've yet to try using my tripod but I'm sure it's hard work! Your photos turned out effortlessly beautiful as usual though!!
Jessi
http://haircutandgeneralattitude.blogspot.com

Alexandra Marie said...

Yes, faster for sure! That's wonderful that you are able to do your own pictures though!

Alexandra Marie said...

Thank you so much <3

Alexandra Marie said...

Thanks Danielle!

Alexandra Marie said...

Hehe- no just laughing awkwardly at the tree :-)

Alexandra Marie said...

Aw, thank you Coco!

Alexandra Marie said...

Thanks :-) It definitely feels like Summer around here!

Alexandra Marie said...

Thank you Stephanie! I'm glad I made it look easy- haha- I wish it really was!

Alexandra Marie said...

Thanks Christy <3

Alexandra Marie said...

Thanks!

Alexandra Marie said...

Thank you Darling!

Alexandra Marie said...

Thanks Katherine! You are always so sweet <3

Alexandra Marie said...

Thank you! Your photos are always gorgeous as well!

Wow- I bet that must have been amazing! If you've been to the hotel then you must see the film, you would love it!

Alexandra Marie said...

Thank you Lovely!!

Alexandra Marie said...

Thank you Abilaine!

Alexandra Marie said...

Thank you so much Jessi! You write the most lovely comments <3 <3

Steve Finnell said...

you are invited to follow my blog

Eccentric Owl said...

These shots are so pretty, and I LOVE this outfit! It's gorgeous. You know, you look a bit like Julia Roberts! So pretty.
Haha, yeah; it's hard to stay motivated to take self-timer pictures sometimes, but I like to be in control of my images, so I get used to it. Although without someone else to take my pictures, I'm much less likely to take pictures in cool places!

Alexandra Marie said...

Following!

Alexandra Marie said...

Thank you! That's funny- Julia Roberts is one that I've gotten ever since I was a little kid!

I see what you mean about the self timer- maybe it would come easier with practice ( and if my tripod didn't hang crooked!)

Hannah Gottlieb-Graham said...

Love your pretty skirt!

Xo, Hannah

Alexandra Marie said...

Thanks Hannah!

Delvalina said...

I agree with Eccentric Owl. Your face reminds me of Julia Roberts when you smile. :)

I love these pictures, the place, and the outfit.Such a classic girl in the wood.

Blessing
Delvalina

Alexandra Marie said...

Thank you Delvalina!

Sue @ A Colourful Canvas said...

You and your camera get along really well...fantastic bokeh effect Alexandra! You have some very artfully arranged photos here, and it takes a real talent to set these up on your own. Bravo to you!

I love the ethereal quality of your outfit; the drape of the top, the soft colours, even the natural hat and basket add to the beauty.

And, I too can see a 'little lizard' on the tree bark. :)

Sue xo

Alexandra Marie said...

Thank you Sue! Hehe- I see what you girls are talking about now- it does sort of look like a lizard doesn't it?

Kellie said...

Lovely outfit, and I love that film!
Each of your photos is more beautiful than the last. You've got such a gift.

Rebekah Bradford said...

Wow, that skirt is just so beautiful! And I love the way you wore it--the light colors of this outfit are just so beautiful!

Linda Becaca said...

What a lovely skirt! You styled it perfectly and it suits your style to a T.
Ah man, and the dreaded tripod and self-timer...man, that's so hard for me too!

Trendy Teal

StickersandSkirts said...

Wow you look lovely :) I'm making my own skirt because I am short and still most of the skirts they sell in stores are too short on me :P

Kathleen Lisson said...

What a fabulous romantic outfit, topped off by that hat!

http://thatsaprettyhat.blogspot.com

charmeuse said...

Beautiful skirt, you look fantastic ;)
www.charmeusee.blogspot.com

Alexandra Marie said...

Thank you so much Kellie!

Alexandra Marie said...

Thanks Rebekah!

Alexandra Marie said...

Thank you! Haha- yup that's what it is- the dreaded self-timer :-b

Alexandra Marie said...

Thank you! Yes, I have to do the same thing sometimes. Especially because of my height. It can be so frustrating sometimes so when I find something with a good length, it's a score!

Alexandra Marie said...

Why, thank you <3

Alexandra Marie said...

Thank you Dear!

Frank Vinyl said...

love the straw hat! perfect for summer!

francesca
WHAT ABOUT YVES GIVEAWAY at:
Frank Vinyl - California style blog

Alexandra Marie said...

Thanks!

Paige said...

You look absolutely beautiful! Love that hat, I've been after one like that for ages ah! Thank you for your comment! x

http://www.heldtogetherbypins.blogspot.co.uk/

Alexandra Marie said...

Thank you Paige! I found this one at Target if you are interested! It was super affordable and it was pretty recent so I'm sure they're still in stock! Just look up straw boater on their website :-)

Dreamer Clara^^ said...

Hi^^ I nominated you to "Liebster blog award". For more informations ->> http://dreamersuniverse.blogspot.cz/2013/06/liebster-blog-award.html#comment-form

. . .
Dreamers Clara^^
http://dreamersuniverse.blogspot.com/

Sammi said...

How did I miss this post?! These photos are so lovely. That skirt is perfect on you, and the little basket is so cute! And you look beautiful, as always. To answer your question... I've taken a number of dance classes and have had to dance in shows a lot; I can pick up choreography, but I'm not a "dancer," per se. Just enough to get by. :)

xox Sammi
www.thesoubrettebrunette.blogspot.com

Alexandra Marie said...

Thanks Sammi!

Oh I see! Thanks for explaining :-)

Irela said...

You are such a cutie! I love that shirt and the skirt is very nice as well. I have the opposite problem, I am too short therefore I end up having to tailor most of my skirts lol

Alexandra Marie said...

You're so sweet, thank you Irela!That would be hard too!

Jenna Condon said...

BEAUTIFUL <3

Alexandra Marie said...

Thanks Jenna <3

Rebecca said...

You did such an incredible job of taking your own photos! I love the pics! Amazing look! The skirt is fantastic and that hat is perfect!

Rebecca
www.winnipegstyle.ca

Alexandra Marie said...

Thank you, Rebecca!

LoveT. said...

Beautiful Outfit and Pictures! You look lovely :)

kisses

Alexandra Marie said...

Thank you!

Fashion Factive said...

The outfit and the pictures are so cute !!!

Love your blog, would you like to follow each other on Bloglovin '? Let me know :)

Fashion Factive
Fashion Factive on Bloglovin

Fashion Factive on Facebook

Alexandra Marie said...

I'd love that! Headed to follow right now <3

justicepirate.com said...

These are so fun and such a lovely set of "old classic" beauty fashion!!!
+Victoria+

Alexandra Marie said...

Thank you so much Victoria!

Carina Aradís said...

Such an amazing outfit and I totally love the light on all of these photos!

Carina
www.alltags-adrenalin.de

Alexandra Marie said...

Thank you Carina!

Kristian said...

You look stunning and timeless. I especially like the lace top.

Alexandra Marie said...

Thank you Kristian!

Latest Instagrams

© Into the Woods. Design by Fearne.