In a World of My Own

June 25, 2013

IMG_8356

IMG_8349
Today I am wearing a lovely kelly green blouse from Payton of Brown Eyed Girl Vintage. Brown Eyed Girl is an Etsy shop that features "an array of  quirky" vintage clothing. Payton does a wonderful job of finding unique, one of a kind pieces to sell in her online store. There are also currently some lovely little summer dresses in her shop, so be sure and have a look!

This top is so fun! It reminds me of the girl scouts in a way. I love the collar and the tie front. The best part is that it is so unique! This blouse is a piece that would usually be out of my comfort zone because I have a tendency to stick with muted florals. But the wonderful thing is that it pushes me to be a little more bold and pull out of the usual style routine, while keeping in touch with my vintage side. Have any of you ever had a piece in your closet that did the same sort of thing for you?
IMG_8419

IMG_8497

IMG_8481b

Collage2
IMG_8605

IMG_8640

IMG_8281
I found this lipstick at Walmart a few days ago. It is a really pretty, shimmery watermelon color. I picked it up for $1! Seriously, you can't beat that! The brand is Wet & Wild. I've always liked my other makeup products from W&W, but was a little apprehensive about such cheap lipstick. To my surprise the color is highly pigmented and  goes on really smoothly. Plus it stayed on nearly all day after only one coat! 
IMG_8240

Collage
IMG_8675

Top: Courtesy of Brown Eyed Girl Vintage
Shorts: Garage Sale
Shoes: Payless
Belt: Old


Friendly reminder! GFC is closing! If you would like to continue receiving updates from Into the Woods, head on over to Bloglovin' and give me a follow!

Follow on Bloglovin
Kellie said...

Hey, lady! Cute outfit! Love the kelly green color of the blouse!

Hey, photo question: what camera & lens do you use? Always curious about that when I see great photos. :)

Alexandra Marie said...

Thank you Kellie! I use a canon rebel T3i ( different than a T3) with a canon 50 mm 1.4 lens :-)

Mina LovesPizza said...

Cute! I love the bright green :-)

Mabel said...

I love this outfit! I thought of the Girl Scouts before I read what you wrote!

Anything sleeveless takes me out of my comfort zone. I'm so self conscious of my arms! I try to not let it get the best of me and wear sleeveless stuff anyway.

W&W lipstick lasts forever!!!!

Mabel
Life of Mabel

Alexandra Marie said...

Thank you! I totally understand- I think every girl has different insecurities. That's why going out of our comfort zone is a good thing! It build confidence :-)

Tiffany Ima said...

This is an adorable outfit :)

Tiffany Ima
Style Honestly

Kellie said...

Great, thank you, Alexandra! Definitely been admiring the sharp quality of your photos, as well as the lighting you choose. It inspires me! :)

Carley Lee said...

I love the combination of that blouse and those shorts!
You look stunning in that colour, Alexandra :)
-Carley
xx

Aino said...

Great pictures!
Lovely combination!

Sacramento Amate said...

Beautiful blouse.
So beautiful play around in Summer.
Fabulous pic, and gorgeous eyes.
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Hopefully Smashing said...

That blouse is really cute, I love the collar!

Kimberley Jakoda said...

Now that's a pretty blouse, love the green! :) Gah I was just thinking about wet n wild today! I've never tried it out before but the lipstick you have looks and sounds really great!

Britt said...

loved the photos of you!! I really loved the ones with you laying on the ground :) The beautiful blue flower photos were amazing! thanks for sharing!!

Rebekah Bradford said...

I'm gonna have to try W&W lipstick sometime! I love cheap makeup that actually works :) I love this outfit too. I have shorts the same color and I LOVE them! I know I stick towards muted colors as well, but I do have a few bright pieces (those are a little out of my comfort zone usually).

Alexandra Marie said...

Thanks Kimberley <3 Yes, you should try it! All of their makeup is pretty nice :-)

Alexandra Marie said...

Haha- yes, I like it when cheap makeup works too! That's awesome that you have similar shorts!

Linda Becaca said...

This bright green blouse looks lovely on you! Great shorts combined with it too, and I just love your location :)
Also, W&W lipstick works? Good to know! I've been wanting to invest in some lip color but don't want to spend too much. What color is the one you're wearing?

Trendy Teal

Alexandra Marie said...

Thanks Linda! The color I am wearing is Sunset Peach. I also picked up one in Nouveau Pink, if you are interested in a more bold color.

stoic and pariah said...

great find with the shirt- it totally does have a scout feel to it. I love that color :)

-Elizabeth

Sammi said...

Love this pretty top, and those belted shorts are adorable. Your photos are such wonderful quality. I have major photog envy!! I'll definitely be checking out Brown Eyed Girl Vintage! :)

xox Sammi
www.thesoubrettebrunette.blogspot.com

Dreamer Clara^^ said...

Oh my god! I´m death! You´re still more beautiful and more beautiful! I´m inlove with photos of you! Really pretty! The outfit is amazing too! Asdfghjkl! Love it! <3

. . .
Dreamer Clara^^
http://dreamersuniverse.blogspot.com/

Fashion Factive said...

Wow . I love the way you have taken the pics and love the green shirt .

Following you on bloglovin !

Beverly Houpt said...

Love it! You look nice in green.
I tagged you in my latest blog post! Take a look :)
http://zippedydooda.blogspot.com/

KC said...

Love the color of your top. And I love how it goes well with your shorts and stocking.
Great photos too! :)

http://yourfashiontroubleshootingguide.blogspot.com ♥

The Rag Trade said...

Oh this is such a great outfit! Those shorts are so cute and I love that top (a wonderful shade of green on you)!

Alexandra Marie said...

Thank you <3 Glad to have you following along!

Alexandra Marie said...

Thanks for the tag Beverly! I left a comment on your post <3

Shelbey said...

Wonderful look! I LOVE W&W Lipsticks! They are fantastic. If you're looking for an amazing red, "Cherry Frost" is my all time favorite red by them! :)

xo- Shelbey

Alexandra Marie said...

Ooh! That's great to know! I am always looking for a new, pretty red- my favorite lip color ever :-)

Heather Morris said...

So pretty..I think that the blouse suits you very well. The color is great on you. I have many vintage pieces that make me feel like you said. Your pictures are really great as well.
Heathersthriftycloset.blogspot.com

Delvalina said...

The place is awesome! You are lucky live nearby beautiful woods :)

I really like pictures on this post.

You are great modelling as well.

Blessing
Delvalina

Alexandra Marie said...

Thank you! That's funny you should say that because there literally are no woods where I live. This is actually a spot I found on google maps, behind a golf course sign! Who would think, right?

Carla Florendo said...

what lovely pictures.. and totally agree, you do kind of remind me of girl scouts,,, but you make for a stylish girl scout!

xo, Carla
www.CarlaViolet.com

Irela said...

You always take photos in the prettiest of settings. These are no exception. ♥ I'm loving that blouse!

Eccentric Owl said...

You are just SO pretty. And I love your photographs; the perspectives are always so lovely and different. I need to start taking more shots like you do, and not just the standard full-body shot! So nice.
That top is super cute! I have a more modern cat-print shirt that I recently bought that's all neutral and black, and I'm so used to more retro, colorful styles so it's pushing me more to a modern side, but I love it! And it goes with so many things in my wardrobe!

Alexandra Marie said...

Aw, thank you so much! Yes, I know what you mean- sometimes you find something more modern and you just have to go with it. But I suppose there is nothing wrong with embracing the age we are in now too- setting trends for our grandchildren to look back on and call "vintage."

Kristian said...

I love this summer, casual look on you!

Latest Instagrams

© Into the Woods. Design by Fearne.